• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KVO THE ULTIMATE BATTLE 2012 | Fighting game tournament (JP) | May 4-5

I just got home, I notice that KVO is destroying The Runback in viewers right now. People must really be curious to see what Japan's Marvel game is like.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Not sure snapping in Vergil even works. Looks like he can kill meterless in XF2 anyway.

*DARK PRINCE DEFEATED

I'm impressed by this Japanese commentator. He knows more proper names for special moves than any English MvC commentator I've listened to.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nova/Mags seems to do better against Zero. Cool to see those Nova shields put out to stuff mobility.

kirblar

Team "Lowest Possible Combined HP Pool in the game"! :D (Not counting Phoenix, who can potentially get a total of 760 anyway between both HP bars)

Dahbomb

Are people really that surprised by Dark Vergil in Japan?

He was on EVERYONE'S team at the last major tournament in Japan for Marvel for Ultimate. His anchor capabilities out shine Wesker and unlike Americans, these guys know how to fucking play and abuse Vergil. Been saying this for like 5 months. Swords > Guns

Dark Slayer Rising indeed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Team "Lowest Possible Combined HP Pool in the game"! :D (Not counting Phoenix, who can potentially get a total of 760 anyway between both HP bars)
Now supplanted by team "fuckton of health"
Tron, Thor, She-Hulk vs Nova, Skrull, Doom?

Awesome

Are people really that surprised by Dark Vergil in Japan?

He was on EVERYONE'S team at the last major tournament in Japan for Marvel for Ultimate. His anchor capabilities out shine Wesker and unlike Americans, these guys know how to fucking play and abuse Vergil. Been saying this for like 5 months. Swords > Guns

Dark Slayer Rising indeed.

Personally I knew it was good but I figured since it's so common people knew / learned how to block it. Like how Wesker is so common here guys like Justin and Chris G have figured out ways to fight Wesker. However from what we've seen, even though there's a crap ton of Vergils in Japan they still can't stop it which mean there's no way in HELL we are stopping it.

Dahbomb

Personally I knew it was good but I figured since it's so common people knew / learned how to block it. Like how Wesker is so common here guys like Justin and Chris G have figured out ways to fight Wesker. However from what we've seen, even though there's a crap ton of Vergils in Japan they still can't stop it which mean there's no way in HELL we are stopping it.
There is nothing to figure out about Vergil other than the fact that he is top 3 anchor in the game free and a legit S tier character in the game. The best thing you can do to start beating Vergil is to start using Crossover counter technology which bodies him free... but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Abegen just does NOT give a fuck it seems.

All XFLVL3 combos...

But Japan has legit Strider players for sure.

Have you seen our x-factor level 3 combos with Strider?

Neither does Cl0ckw0rk, Floe or Padtrick kill off 1 or 2 meters with x-factor level 3 strider. Trust me I've seen enough of all three.

Oh Shady K and Chrisis too. LOL That's 5 Striders that I can think of that doesn't have kill combos.

She Hulk and Tron both have godlike synergy with Thor.
Three low tiers that become awesome when grouped together.

I know this remind of like the 2004 Detroit Pistons.

kirblar

All XFLVL3 combos...

But Japan has legit Strider players for sure.
The "Team No HP" strider was actually getting good damage as well since he could extend the combos with Tatsu and Log Trap for much better damage and meter gain, which he could then convert into a DHC or Level 3.

Dahbomb

Have you seen our x-factor level 3 combos with Strider?

Neither does Cl0ckw0rk, Floe or Padtrick kill off 1 or 2 meters with x-factor level 3 strider. Trust me I've seen enough of all three.
I wasn't saying "ours" were better, Strider players in the US are far behind as are the Vergil players for the most part. Been saying this for a while.

And I also recognize that Strider is an S tier character but his damage is weaksauce no matter how many combo extenders you have. His strength lie in his godlike mix ups which he can enforce on you all day.

The "Team No HP" strider was actually getting good damage as well since he could extend the combos with Tatsu and Log Trap for much better damage and meter gain, which he could then convert into a DHC or Level 3.
Didn't get to see that team in action and I believe the info as well. That team is legit as hell as long as you don't get hit lol. 3 of the best assists in the game free.

Top Bottom