• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (premiers March 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
key_art_late_night_with_jimmy_fallon.jpg

Fallon officially replaces Late Night with Conan O Brian this Monday, with Conan coming back in June.

Among the guests this week are Tina Fey, Justin Timberlake, Cameron Diaz, Robert De Niro, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Jon Bon Jovi and more.

I'm giving it a try this week...Fallon I think will be pretty good in this spot. We'll see!

Tieno

Has it been known how or if Conan's show is going to be changed now that he's moving up? Is it just going to be the same?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Tieno said:
Has it been known how or if Conan's show is going to be changed now that he's moving up? Is it just going to be the same?
Andy Richter is the announcer now, so I think just in that regard it'll be quite a bit different.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely will be watching every night this week.
He definitely has a tough act to follow, but I honestly can't think of anyone better.

I'm willing to give him a shot, he might be more inclined for this type of format moreso than SNL. And The Roots mothafucka! Following Questlove's tweets has been the joy of my year so far.

loosus

Banned
I want to believe. :(

I just have no confidence whatsoever. The dude is probably super nice. He's just not funny.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I gave Conan a chance back in the day and that turned out well. Guess I'll do the same for Fallon.

me so Grant

Neo Member
AD Miles is head writer of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

If you know anything about comedy, you're excited for this show, regardless of how you feel about the host.

Blueblur1

chubigans said:
Andy Richter is the announcer now, so I think just in that regard it'll be quite a bit different.
And Max Weinberg and the Max Weinberg 7 will be the house band. Like he said on the last episode of his Late Night, I'm hoping Conan brings his brand of comedy over to The Tonight Show.

I'll probably watch this when possible. I think it's obvious it'll take awhile for the show to get in to it's groove, so I won't hold shitness against it.

Sapiens

me so Grant said:

If you know anything about comedy, you're excited for this show, regardless of how you feel about the host.

I didn't know we had comedian elitists...but whatever.

This show is going to be a disaster on the scale of Chevy Chase.

Chipopo

Banned
me so Grant said:

WHAS is garbage

Trurl

Banned
chubigans said:
Oh shit, I heard that Andy was coming back but I didn't realize he would be the announcer. That probably means that Joel Godard won't be part of the show. :-(

Well, I guess on the whole that's still very good news as Joel was only a minor part of Late Night.

LCfiner

me so Grant said:

can you link to something of his that would make us take notice? I have not heard a thing about this guy and nothing on IMDB stands out.

Shaneus

Theory: Conan took a while to come into his own, they'll give the same opportunity to Fallon regardless of how bad it is.
Question: There was obviously potential seen in Conan when he first started... can anybody see JF with the same potential to be awesome? I haven't seen much SNL (in Aus.) to be a judge of that, but enough to question his ability to grow into the role that Conan made his own.

Sapiens

I can finally start going to bed at 12:34PM instead of 1:35 AM.

It's like some kind of nuclear wasteland after Conan now. Fallon and Daily? WTF? Get these mediocre fucks of the air.

Jimmy Fallon is not funny. I don't even think HE thinks he's funny. His personality just doesn't suit comedy very well. I will watch his show this week with very low expectations.

me so Grant said:

Oh that's awesome news. I was actually very curious who would be in that slot, as it's a massive opportunity to create a whole new show. Man, that is fucking great news.

rezuth

Shaneus said:
Theory: Conan took a while to come into his own, they'll give the same opportunity to Fallon regardless of how bad it is.
Question: There was obviously potential seen in Conan when he first started... can anybody see JF with the same potential to be awesome? I haven't seen much SNL (in Aus.) to be a judge of that, but enough to question his ability to grow into the role that Conan made his own.
Diffrence is that Conan actually made somethin funny before his show AND Conan was funny when he started. I mean come on! He made a joke about hanging himself on the first episode, how can you not love that? :lol

Blueblur1

hokahey said:
FACT: Conan was AWFUL at first.
Conan himself always made it sound like the first 3 years were awful. At least that's what I recall when I first started watching the show in 1997.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
For some reason my eyes saw Jimmy Kimmel and let me tell you, I was CONFUSED.

I heart conan so much, best god damn talk show in the history of man. America is ready for him to come on an hour earlier.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
He has one year to find his groove and impress me. I'm a generous man. ;)

Blueblur1

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted.

Canada.com said:
The new Late Night will be more ``tech savvy'' than other late-night talk shows, Fallon promises.

``We're going to treat a video game premiere as if it was a movie premiere. My generation grew up with the computer. We grew up with the Internet. We live in a video game type of world - video games are second nature to us. Games make more money, as an industry, than the film industry.

``I'm interested in tech, and I'm interested in gadgets. I want tech people to come on my show, whether it's Bill Gates or the guy who designed the new Palm Pre, to talk about new inventions. I want to know what makes it so great. I want to see new video cameras. I want to see new technology. And I think that'll be interesting to people who are awake at 12:30 at night. We'll have great bands. We'll book great guests. I hear we got the ShamWow guy. That's good.''

Source

woodchuck

Blueblur1 said:
Conan himself always made it sound like the first 3 years were awful. At least that's what I recall when I first started watching the show in 1997.

"But Mr. T, this is a 7. we've been on the air for 10 years".

"I know fool, but you've only been funny for 7"

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Blueblur1 said:
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted.

Source
I always wondered what TechTV would be like if it were hosted by Jimmy Fallon. Now I'll know.

Blueblur1

woodchuck said:
"But Mr. T, this is a 7. we've been on the air for 10 years".

"I know fool, but you've only been funny for 7"
From the 10th Anniversary Special! I watch it on my iPhone when I'm bored and not at home.

Oh and that's just a small excerpt. The actual article is much longer and covers a few topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom