• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

OctoMan

Banned
Wrestlemania 11: WOAT Wrestlemania or closer to a middle of the pack one?

Opinions always seem split on it. It should have been worse than it was. Lawrence Taylor was legit good in the ring.

Hasney

Here it is avatar size with comedy glasses

bosvip1.png

Shiv47

Watched Raw on DVR after playing MH4 last night with a friend. Liked (naturally) the Sting opening, and Rusev trashing Cena, but the rest ranged from "I watched it at 60x speed" (Hulk and Snoop Dogg, the tag team match, the Divas match, some other shit) to "ehh" (Ziggler-Bryan) to garbage (the final stare down). Anything not mentioned I've already forgotten. What a go home show!

scabro

Hostile, insular, talking about Ring of Honor. I can understand why many have moved on.

we've entered a time where some believe themselves so smart to this business that everything is a work, all the time. in essence kayfabe has somehow morphed turned into a worked kayfabe which is presumed to be kept at all times. so when a worked kayfabe is broken, the work which is normally kayfabe is perceived as a shoot kayfabe, when it wasn't kayfabe to begin with.

i don't know, but sometimes its the simple explanation which suffices. was heyman shooting? only meltzer knows.

DMczaf

Wrestlemania 11: WOAT Wrestlemania or closer to a middle of the pack one?

Opinions always seem split on it. It should have been worse than it was. Lawrence Taylor was legit good in the ring.

I give Bam Bam more credit for that. Should be in the HOF just for protecting This Business that night and keeping LT safe in the ring and avoiding "Football Legend is injured doing fake shit!" headlines.

Gonzalez

Banned

I've been saying for years they should have made Glenn Jacobs an on-air parody of Glenn Beck. But that's too late now because Glenn Beck has become irrelevant as a pop culture personality. The only people that still care about that dude are his wacko fans, and paranoid Liberals that listen to Beck just so they can have someone to disagree with because their significant others left them months ago. So now they feel lonely, depressed, and are ready to grab the rope from the tool shed to tie around their Basketball hoop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bam Bam was being laughed at by some outsider and defended his honor. LT went to get lawyers and sue the WWE instead of settling it in the ring like Bam Bam requested.

#BamBamWasRight

DMczaf

Bam Bam was being laughed at by some outsider and defended his honor. LT went to get lawyers and sue the WWE instead of settling it in the ring like Bam Bam requested.

#BamBamWasRight

He just lost to fucking Bob Holly and XPac, did he really have to add insult to injury? Fuck LT!

Cagey

Banned
He just lost to fucking Bob Holly and XPac, did he really have to add insult to injury? Fuck LT!

Bro. You don't want to go there. I don't want to have to hurt you. But if you continue to disparage the Greatest Defensive Player in the History of the National Football League, I'm going to have to hurt you. It's nothing personal.

tumblr_myj4zvcCS31qhkbk8o1_400.gif

It's actually completely personal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bro. You don't want to go there. I don't want to have to hurt you. But if you continue to disparage the Greatest Defensive Player in the History of the National Football League, I'm going to have to hurt you. It's nothing personal.

tumblr_myj4zvcCS31qhkbk8o1_400.gif

It's actually completely personal.

Unsurprising, LT fans jumping to provoke people. Just like LT. LT, the wealthy man, invited all his millionaire fans to come to the wrestling and laugh at a hard working blue collar Bam Bam.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Bam Bam and Vader, I watched Bam Bam vs Vader on NJPW World today.

There's a really dope six-man on there, Masa Saito, Shinya Hashimoto and Kitao Koji vs Big Van Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow and Steve Williams.

Bandini

Catching up on RAW now.. actually pleasantly surprised. The Sting/HHH stuff isn't doing much for me, but the Nikki/Paige match was good, the Snoop Dogg segment was fantastic, and seeing Rusev destroy Swagger never gets old. Oh shit, and now he's crushing Cena. I love watching this guy work.

jmdajr

You know maybe it's the age, but I feel that Cena really cares about this feud. I think he's doing some of his better work and this will be one of his best all time feuds.

XenoRaven

There's a really dope six-man on there, Masa Saito, Shinya Hashimoto and Kitao Koji vs Big Van Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow and Steve Williams.
I've been going through all of Vader's matches on there at a super slow pace. I think I've watched the first six. The big takeaway I've gotten so far is that all the matches seem completely chaotic. People getting knocked outside the ring, tables being thrown, barricades being broken, Vader going out in the crowd and scaring people, etc.

In one match, Inoki stabs Vader in the arm with a pointed object and Vader blades his arm to the point where it looks like something out of a CZW gif (specifically the one where the guy cut his leg on the light tubes).

It's also fun to see Young Lion Suzuki in random shots.

16BitNova

I'm starting to like Ryback more and more. Actually, it's not really his fault I disliked him (more like disliked his positioning). I just felt he was thrown into the title picture way too soon. You can't do that with guys. They need that experience of being in the spotlight in front of thousands. They need time to go over with the crowd. And like I said, it was the way he was booked, not his fault. But, now I'm ready for feeding time. Loving Ryback as a wrestler and as a person. Can't wait for an inevitable run in with Brock Lesnar and another push. I think he'll be ready by then.

Ryback rulez!

Aiii

So not worth it
You know maybe it's the age, but I feel that Cena really cares about this feud. I think he's doing some of his better work and this will be one of his best all time feuds.

For one, it's a great feud. For another, I really think Cena is fine with not being in the spotlight of the show for once. I know he does the "the fans can change what they want, I don't care, really!"-shtick, but I'm sure he's not to bothered with Reigns talking all that heat for once.

Besides, he's really been good at putting guys over for the last year or so, must be fun for him too.

Recall

As backlash is the best WWE PPV of 2007, any suggestions for what is the second best (apart from Mania, which I've seen) or at least worthy of a watch from the same year?

Hasney

As backlash is the best WWE PPV of 2007, any suggestions for what is the second best (apart from Mania, which I've seen) or at least worthy of a watch from the same year?

Not No Mercy. 3 HHH matches in one night is too much even if the 6 man was fun.

EDIT: Judgement Day is a lot of fun if you turn it off before the final match. CM Punk V Burke is great as is Benoit/MVP.

16BitNova

Rosenberg is a fantastic dude. I love 99% of his interviews, he's a passionate wrestlng fan too, so he's not just some shill. I wish his station was on in Chicago.

Yeah. And their is definitely a mutual respect between the wrestlers and him. Which is good, brings out good interviews. Good thing is we get pretty much all the interviews on youtube.

zychi

Banned
That Ryback interview, I get ex-cocaine user/current cocaine user vibes from Ryback. I hope that I'm wrong, but all the sniffles and nose touching really bothers me and reminds me of some friends I have who do it.

Top Bottom