• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Just bought a switch and Nintendo won't accept my credit card for some reason. Does anyone know if gamestop sends the digital codes immediately or if the listed midnight time is accurate? One I want to have on the system.

I've got big ass hands

Auto-accellerate is a game changer for me

holding A kills my thumb no matter what controller I'm using, it seems

it also destroys the A button of any controller with clicky buttons

the game plays so much better with AA on

Griss

I'm not buying this until after E3, because if they try to sell us new tracks as DLC with no new tracks in the base game that would be unacceptable to me.

I already spent 75 bucks on the game and the DLC for Wii U. Totally worth it, but I don't like the idea of holding back new content as DLC for a port. I don't think they'll do this, I just want to be sure.

F34R

Hmm, weird. Still, though, I highly doubt either of us will get it by this point.

Yeah, I'm going with my get it at wal mart plan, return the amazon copy to wal mart lol. Also, complain to amazon about the lack of shipping, and get at least a five dollar credit; bringing my game price down to $6.47 lol.

People will have to test it out.

I'll give it a try too then.

Btw HD rumble is real (not just loud reg rumble) and this game uses it well. It's subtle but I feel it and enjoy it a lot.

"Purple boost won't get used" folks BTFO as I'm doing it a lot (150cc but still)

Not that I'll be able to play it until after work, but still would rather it shipped already from Amazon for dat piece of mind.

AEREC

I'll give it a try too then.

Btw HD rumble is real (not just loud reg rumble) and this game uses it well

Im still waiting to be impressed by HD rumble.

Wonderboy supposedly has it but it is incredibly subtle.

Puyo Puyo Testris supposedly has it but it doesnt really feel that impressive.

Hopefully MK8 is something else.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
My Amazon order is just listed as "Pre Ordered." No delivery date. Amazon really are terrible if you want Nintendo games delivered on release day.

Im still waiting to be impressed by HD rumble.

Wonderboy supposedly has it but it is incredibly subtle.

Puyo Puyo Testris supposedly has it but it doesnt really feel that impressive.

Hopefully MK8 is something else.

It's definitely subtle here, but I find it kinda adds to the experience, even if it's in a small way.

Best buy has mine ready for pick up. Sucks though, I wanted it shipped to the house, I'm not sure if I'll be able to pick it up.

Weird, I can't seem to join any online games. It finds a game, sticks on the loading screen (showing the list of players) for like 45 seconds, shows gameplay for a split second, and then drops out with a communication error. (US Switch, JP eShop copy.)

Edit: Got into one eventually. Servers overloaded, maybe?

hatchx

Banned
I've got big ass hands

Auto-accellerate is a game changer for me

holding A kills my thumb no matter what controller I'm using, it seems

it also destroys the A button of any controller with clicky buttons

the game plays so much better with AA on

Never even thought about this.

20 years of playing Mario kart and I don't know if I could get used to not holding acceleration, if only for the subconscious feeling of pressing it to move.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm going to cancel this Amazon package and just buy it on the eShop. No notice more than 24 hours after it was supposed to ship that it had shipped. Unacceptable.

Nepenthe

Out of everything you fancy-schmancy Switch players get, I'm gonna be the most jealous if item RNG is rebalanced for you and you don't get a week's worth of coins from item boxes anymore. That is annoying as shit when you're just begging for a defensive item.

Soooo stoked!! A discount for Wii U owners would have been nice but meh, might be difficult to implement and it's Nintendo we're talkin about.

Can't freakin wait for my brother to get this game so i can kick his ass from hundreds of miles away 😎

ZeroX03

Banned
God I bought this game and I'm regretting it already. It's flooding back to me why I hated this game.

Also whoever told me 200cc was faster and more technical than Sonic Transformed... not even close.

Unicorn

IMG_20170425_195017476_zpsccxkyonp.jpg

My body is ready.

Out of everything you fancy-schmancy Switch players get, I'm gonna be the most jealous if item RNG is rebalanced for you and you don't get a week's worth of coins from item boxes anymore. That is annoying as shit when you're just begging for a defensive item.
Lol nope.

But at least now you can aim for the 2 stack boxes so you get a coin and something else.

Hmm, what I wonder is if Meijer's electronics/games department will be operating in any capacity at midnight.

I mean I think they did a Switch midnight-launch, but eh, that was a hardware launch.

M.W.

God I bought this game and I'm regretting it already. It's flooding back to me why I hated this game.

Also whoever told me 200cc was faster and more technical than Sonic Transformed... not even close.

Why do you hate the game?

Top Bottom