• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Orca

I'm the alliance leader on neoGAF Tights. At least apply, I generally kick any players who naturally decide to stop playing every once and while and when a spot opens up and I usually will just add you if you're on the list and seem to have actually made headway in the game.

If I click apply it just says it's full. Not sure if it still sends an app or not.

Nearly have everyone up to 3 star or greater now. Just a few characters to go.

I'm finding those later Destroyer Villain Sieges a lot easier with a team of Hulk, Giant Man and Venom. Those three just wreck Destroyer on the higher levels. Did #7 yesterday with just those three.

Had 6 characters left over after yesterday's VS run.

Roto13

Bought a flash sale biometric pack with 50 for War Machine and Vision. War Machine is half way to 6* now. Vision just hit 5, so I also bought his costume. Spending those gems I was saving for the Journalistic Integrity pack which I missed out on. :p

Down side is I kind of hate the way Vision looks in his movie costume. Much prefer his default look.

I had been saving my crystals for the next patch, but an 80 Bio pack for Vision came up over the weekend, so I just had to bite at that one. He's half-way to 6* now.

Xion385

Man, people seem to get better luck at random bios at the shop than I do. I wouldn't mind a double pack of vision/War Machine right now. I'm really tempted to get that 150 bios/uniform combo for Giant-Man since I have 2000 crystals. I would've got in a heartbeat, but I already bought the uniform. Hopefully an 80 pack shows up in the shop. I doubt that they sell anything higher than 80 bios at a time. I'm not sure I have the patience to farm the 160, but I want a 5* badly.

Out of curiousity. Do you guys drop a few bucks for extra crystals? I'm very satisfied with Tony's Stash. I can't see myself spending more than that monthly.

Roto13

Man, people seem to get better luck at random bios at the shop than I do. I wouldn't mind a double pack of vision/War Machine right now. I'm really tempted to get that 150 bios/uniform combo for Giant-Man since I have 2000 crystals. I would've got in a heartbeat, but I already bought the uniform. Hopefully an 80 pack shows up in the shop. I doubt that they sell anything higher than 80 bios at a time. I'm not sure I have the patience to farm the 160, but I want a 5* badly.

Out of curiousity. Do you guys drop a few bucks for extra crystals? I'm very satisfied with Tony's Stash. I can't see myself spending more than that monthly.

Bundle prices adjust when you own some of the costumes in them. If you don't own Ant-Man's costume, look at the two bundles. Giant Man's bundle will be 750 cheaper.

Characters you can grind for in special missions might not be the best characters to spend gems on bios for, though.

There are 100 Bio packs, I've seen two of them before.

I have bought extra Crystals before. Normally only have the Tony's Stash going though.

Got a quick question for some of you guys here.

I never really bothered to look at the alternate costumes for characters until recently when i realised that they actually give you stat boosts. Since Vision is my main i decided to save up my crystals and get his AoU costume.

My question is, do you think that his stat boost are actually useful since he changes to a Universal power and thus doesn't get any Blaster ability boosts against power characters. I don't know, i just wasn't too sure myself so i thought i would drop by and see what other experts here think.

I am currently saving for Black Widows AoU costume though and will be looking forward to the stat boosts for her.

Roto13

Got a quick question for some of you guys here.

I never really bothered to look at the alternate costumes for characters until recently when i realised that they actually give you stat boosts. Since Vision is my main i decided to save up my crystals and get his AoU costume.

My question is, do you think that his stat boost are actually useful since he changes to a Universal power and thus doesn't get any Blaster ability boosts against power characters. I don't know, i just wasn't too sure myself so i thought i would drop by and see what other experts here think.

I am currently saving for Black Widows AoU costume though and will be looking forward to the stat boosts for her.
It's better to have a universal character with higher stats than a blaster who has an advantage over one type but also a disadvantage against another. Vision is better with his costume. Except for the way he looks. :p

Xion385

Bundle prices adjust when you own some of the costumes in them. If you don't own Ant-Man's costume, look at the two bundles. Giant Man's bundle will be 750 cheaper.

Characters you can grind for in special missions might not be the best characters to spend gems on bios for, though.
Yeah. I'm just being a little impatient. I'm currently running the Ultron SM to get him to 4* and then thinking of the Yellowjacket SM to get him to 4* with the Janet and Scott along the way. I just wanted the 5* Giant-Man to make farming the level 4 stage a little easier and cut down on time.
There are 100 Bio packs, I've seen two of them before.

I have bought extra Crystals before. Normally only have the Tony's Stash going though.
Sweet, but I never seen it before. I hope they pop up for the characters I need. Barring the Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch (yeah, we got our favorites. This one is really obvious. Unless she sucks like Black Cat.) joining Future Fight I'm probably going to use my crystals on Bios. It would be my mission to 6* Scarlet Witch if she gets included.

God I'm so glad none of the new bios packs are for Capt Marvel, they're super expensive but my dumbass would have bought them too. Actually, maybe not, there's a lot of unnecessary stuff in them I don't care about.

It's better to have a universal character with higher stats than a blaster who has an advantage over one type but also a disadvantage against another. Vision is better with his costume. Except for the way he looks. :p
Yeah thats true, i figured he would probably be better overall but when I'm fighting power based characters i do miss seeing those yellow damage figures :)

Commodore

If I click apply it just says it's full. Not sure if it still sends an app or not.

Didn't realize that. I have a few applicants still on the list, so I assumed you could still apply and get on the list even though the team is full. Keep asking, I'm sure you'll get on one of the GAF alliances at some point.

Roto13

Didn't realize that. I have a few applicants still on the list, so I assumed you could still apply and get on the list even though the team is full. Keep asking, I'm sure you'll get on one of the GAF alliances at some point.

Next time some people haven't logged in after a few days, I'm going to kick them out without posting her in the thread first, then make an announcement. :p

What's the best way to grind levels if my characters are level ~35? Level 30 special missions aren't giving me enough xp and I can't do the level 40 ones. They are 4 star if it matters.

Roto13

What's the best way to grind levels if my characters are level ~35? Level 30 special missions aren't giving me enough xp and I can't do the level 40 ones. They are 4 star if it matters.

EXP is kind of weird in this game in that it takes forever to get strong enough to tackle stages that give you a decent amount of EXP for your current level.

But level is also one of the least important ways to improve your character. Your rank is already as high as it can easily go, but make sure you're improving your equipment and powering up your skills. Those make a huge difference. Make sure you're taking advantage of all of the systems.

I try to play missions with enemies at level 38 and up.
Use one or two maxed characters and one unmaxed character so that all the exp points goes to it only. Dimensional rifts give about the same exp like any other mode except one.

EXP is kind of weird in this game in that it takes forever to get strong enough to tackle stages that give you a decent amount of EXP for your current level.

But level is also one of the least important ways to improve your character. Your rank is already as high as it can easily go, but make sure you're improving your equipment and powering up your skills. Those make a huge difference. Make sure you're taking advantage of all of the systems.
Fair enough. I've already got my team up to date on rank, mastery, gear and iso-8 so levels are the only way I could realistically improve them right now.
I try to play missions with enemies at level 38 and up.
Use one or two maxed characters and one unmaxed character so that all the exp points goes to it only. Dimensional rifts give about the same exp like any other mode except one.
Do you mean maxed on levels? I don't have any level 40 characters right now, these would be my first.

It's tempting. But I'd have to spend $30 bucks to get it. Unless I can legit get crystals throughout this week to buy it completing dailys and etc.

BUT THEN YELLOWJACKET DEAL THO

Never buy special character deals. They're so easy to farm.

Unless you really like Iron Man and his Hulkbuster suitbecause of comics, I don't get the desire for the Hulkbuster packager either. There are way better combat characters.

Never buy special character deals. They're so easy to farm.

Unless you really like Iron Man and his Hulkbuster suitbecause of comics, I don't get the desire for the Hulkbuster packager either. There are way better combat characters.

It's not so much about his effectiveness (though he's definitely decent enough, with a great leadership ability), it's that deals the only real effective way to get his bios anymore.

Roto13

I'm sitting on 20k+ Chaos Tokens. Really hope this update gives me something good to spend them on. At first, I was buying Venom bios with them, but they got rotated out.

EDIT:

ebXwMTU.png
rbCg8tH.jpg

Needed 6 bios for Angela. Saw a flash sale for 10. Went for it. Now I have everyone.

Was too busy with my Special runs last night to notice I was about to rank up to level 49.

All that lost energy :( Haven't done that since about level 18 haha..

-Digits-

I'm really feeling the nerf to shifters in the YJ special mission. My YJ is almost 1/3rd of the way to 6 stars and my Ant-Man isn't even 4 stars yet. I may just buy his package, have him at 5 stars and be done with it.

rexor0717

I'm really feeling the nerf to shifters in the YJ special mission. My YJ is almost 1/3rd of the way to 6 stars and my Ant-Man isn't even 4 stars yet. I may just buy his package, have him at 5 stars and be done with it.
Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I don't even get why they did that. They design the whole update with the shifters in mind, then say fuck it, Ant-Man is now near impossible to get. It wouldn't be as bad if you could get antman with tokens, but that's not the case.

mreddie

Yeah, I feel a lot of people complained so NM nerfed it but having Scott behind a paywall feels cheap.

Roto13

They definitely nerfed the Ant-Man and Wasp drops too much. I was planning to eventually go after Ant-Man bios, but I'm not going to bother now.

mreddie

They definitely nerfed the Ant-Man and Wasp drops too much. I was planning to eventually go after Ant-Man bios, but I'm not going to bother now.

I JUST 2 starred Scott and Janet is a Chaos Token item so no harm there but yeah, Scott really got boned in the nerfs.

I hope NM levels it out around the new character update.

Commodore

Yeah, she's great but isn't too strong until you 5* her. She needs that third source of damage. She's part of my Sharon Carter/Groot team for taking the most advantage of shorter cooldowns.

I'm fairly interested in doing a Groot/Janet team. Their bonuses feed into each other and could boost one other character fairly well.

Glad I got in when I did with the YJ mission. Managed to get YJ to 6 star and Ant-Man and Wasp to just under 5 star before the update hit. Only need about 5-10 Bios for both to hit 5 star.

Probably as far as they'll ever get the way it is though unfortunately.

Janet is a beast? She's nowhere near it, especially in her class that has War Machine, Vision, Malekith, and Yellowjacket. Having a third attack is still less than the ones that have 4. Her leadership is the only good thing about her.

Xion385

Damn, have I been playing this game wrong for a month now. I thought combat were weak against speedsters. Not the other way around..... MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!

mreddie

Janet is a beast? She's nowhere near it, especially in her class that has War Machine, Vision, Malekith, and Yellowjacket. Having a third attack is still less than the ones that have 4. Her leadership is the only good thing about her.

Oh yeah, YJ is god tier compared to Janet but some people are sleeping on her, Scott is just meh tier.

rexor0717

They really need to buff non-damaging skills to actually be noticeable in their effect without requiring huge skillpoint investments.

I need at least 1 person to add on LINE app to play our private match for Team Up tonight.

It'll be me and my friend. Which we need three ppl in a private match all together to play.

Please add me: Bornsteller

I spent a lot of time tonight messing around in the skill preview room. I am going to start saving up tokens for Star-Lord and working on getting Bios for Blade and Black Widow. All three had fun skills.

I kept the option to keep the type chart in settings for a couple days till I had it :p

I just associated the colors to Pokemon types. Combat/Red (fire) beats Speed/Green (grass), which beats Blaster/Blue (water), which beats Combat/Red (fire). I'm going to guess that this may have been on purpose too.

Top Bottom