• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Roto13

The symbols literally look like rock/paper/scissors.

Ha! That's kind of mindblowing.

EDIT: This is the day speculated to be update day. If it's like previous update days, we'll get to play for a little while before everything goes down for maintenance. Cross your fingers.

Speaking of the update, someone over on the website posted a translation of what seems to be a Korean GM's post saying the next three characters are Singularity, Nico, and She-Hulk. Not Strange, Enchantress, or Sandman.

Yeah. Here's the full announcement post. Still going to classify this as a rumor though.

1. 3 new characters will be added. heroes of secret wars:A-force Singularity, sister grimm, she hulk

( we should do "event battle" to get new characters )

2. New pvp mode will be added. (Its name is battle world)

3.marvel.comics cover collection will be added

(if you complete marvel comics cover, you can get reward and hero buff effect+additional stat)

4.more powerful villain will be added in villain-seize mode.

5.new uniforms are added. One of them is black spidy or miz marvel Next update will come out end of the august.

Also there's another double-bio event coming up.

Switch to Japanese for a free dimension chest.

Drayco21

Speaking of the update, someone over on the website posted a translation of what seems to be a Korean GM's post saying the next three characters are Singularity, Nico, and She-Hulk. Not Strange, Enchantress, or Sandman.

Terrible, but I guess I'd rather be playing as Nico than Strange, so I'll take it. Kinda funny that Singularity is going to be playable in a video game before she even does anything in the comic.

A-Force is one of the last Secret Wars books I'd want to see an update based around.

Roto13

Yeah. Here's the full announcement post. Still going to classify this as a rumor though.

Also there's another double-bio event coming up.

Switch to Japanese for a free dimension chest.

If this gets confirmed, I guess I'm reupping my Stark's Stash subscription because I need both of those costumes. :p

Drayco21

She-Hulk should be a Combat character right? We need more female Combat characters, the amount of samey female speed characters kinda piss me off.

It'll almost assuredly be Combat for She-Hulk, Blast for Nico, and Universal for Singularity. Maybe Universal for Nico too, but I can't see them doing 2/3 new Universal heroes in one update.

Roto13

I just cleared Villain Siege for the first time. Solo'd the stage 9 Ronan fight with my 6* Giant Man.

She-Hulk should be a Combat character right? We need more female Combat characters, the amount of samey female speed characters kinda piss me off.

It would be completely shocking if She-Hulk wasn't a combat character. Nothing else would make any sense. She's like a wrestler.

The lack of female combat characters is just a symptom of decades of female character tropes. If they were fighters at all, they were either fast or magic. I think this is one of the reasons She-Hulk was so appealing at the time.

It would be completely shocking if She-Hulk wasn't a combat character. Nothing else would make any sense. She's like a wrestler.

The lack of female combat characters is just a symptom of decades of female character tropes. If they were fighters at all, they were either fast or magic. I think this is one of the reasons She-Hulk was so appealing at the time.
Fair enough, but there's a handful of characters who's inclusion in this game is kinda weird as they seem like straight up filler.
Singularity seems WAY TOO EARLY for her to added in a game. Especially over Kamala.
They're using this game to market their stuff, if you look at it that way it kinda makes sense for them to add a character that debuted in A-Force(IIRC).

mreddie

Fair enough, but there's a handful of characters who's inclusion in this game is kinda weird as they seem like straight up filler.

Malekeith and Blackbolt seem pointless as fuck but they are in movies or gonna be, Angela falls into the boat of marketing.

They're using this game to market their stuff, if you look at it that way it kinda makes sense for them to add a character that debuted in A-Force(IIRC).

True but I feel it would make more sense to add Kamala. At this point, Devil Dinosaur is gonna get added soon.

Malekeith and Blackbolt seem pointless as fuck but they are in movies or gonna be, Angela falls into the boat of marketing.

At least those are kinda unique, who the hell asked for all 5 of Black Cat, Mockingbird, Sharon Carter, Black Widow and Elektra? Black Widow is mandatory and I like Elektra but come on, all 5? There's plenty of cool characters in the Marvel universe you could have replaced at least one of them with.

rexor0717

At least those are kinda unique, who the hell asked for all 5 of Black Cat, Mockingbird, Sharon Carter, Black Widow and Elektra? Black Widow is mandatory and I like Elektra but come on, all 5? There's plenty of cool characters in the Marvel universe you could have replaced at least one of them with.

Yeah, there are a few too many uninspired speed characters in general. I think Mockingbird could be dropped entirely. She has the most pointless team ups too. I do look forward to some Quake tho.

Drayco21

Mockingbird is a major character in Agents of SHIELD, and Sharon is in Winter Soldier and is set up to have a big role in Civil War, so they both fall into the MCU ad camp.

Black Cat is more popular and well known than any other character on that list than Natasha.

It was pretty crazy to see Sharon make the cut for the initial roster, but I appreciated it; I like seeing characters we don't get much of. Probably should have made Mockingbird (and maybe Elektra) a Combat character just to mix it up.

mreddie

Black Cat is the one I'll agree with, Sharon and Mockinbird are now in the MCU and Elektra is gonna be in Daredevil S2.

I like that we're getting characters we'd never get in other games. It's one of the positive aspects about this game for me. Hopefully they continue adding in characters that aren't in everyone's top 20.

Roto13

Black Bolt makes perfect sense with Marvel's recent focus on the Inhumans instead of the Mutants. Also he's pretty cool.

All of those speed ladies also make sense from a promotional standpoint, except Black Cat, who is just a cool character.

rexor0717

Yeah, I just want some diverse movesets. Make non-damaging moves actually useful and you have a lot of space to make some interesting characters. Also it would be nice to have some actually diversity in the cast. Right now I think there are pretty much like a bunch of white characters, like 4 black characters, then aliens.

Roto13

Yeah, I just want some diverse movesets. Make non-damaging moves actually useful and you have a lot of space to make some interesting characters. Also it would be nice to have some actually diversity in the cast. Right now I think there are pretty much like a bunch of white characters, like 4 black characters, then aliens.

Another symptom of decades of straight white dudes being the default for everything. :p Most of Marvel's characters are white and there's not much to be done about it now besides make more diverse new characters like Kamala Khan and Moon Girl.

GreekWolf

We need a Maximum Carnage update with Kasady, Shriek, Demogoblin, Carrion and Doppelganger.

Shriek alone would be the coolest female character in the game.

Yes! Level 50 Vision with Angry Hulk ISO! I now have both he and Ronan at 50. I really want a Carol bio flash sale to complete my 6* main team.

So, about what level/rank should your characters be to beat the main story?

I have a 5-star Venom and 4-star Spidey and Warmachine, all fully mastered, but I'm getting trashed every time I try to keep going. :/

Roto13

So, about what level/rank should your characters be to beat the main story?

I have a 5-star Venom and 4-star Spidey and Warmachine, all fully mastered, but I'm getting trashed every time I try to keep going. :/

I beat the story and elite modes with one level 50 and two 5 star level 45s.

Shit I'm hooked on this game

First thing I did was to get a team with Cap, Sharon and Bucky

Hope they eventually add a more comics-like costume for Buck

You guys must be spending some real money to reach 50th and 6*s that crazy. I'm close to 5* only on black Widow and I spent a tad bit for her bios that were on sale including Yellow Jacket for that 70 bios deal.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You guys must be spending some real money to reach 50th and 6*s that crazy. I'm close to 5* only on black Widow and I spent a tad bit for her bios that were on sale including Yellow Jacket for that 70 bios deal.

I'll never reach 6*. After someone gets to 5, I just stop farming their bios.

Is it worth starting this game now, four months after release?

Definitely, especially since all the best characters (e.g., Vision, WH, etc) are known so you can not waste your time with crappy characters (unless you like them!). The game is definitely beginner friendly and there's never a need to spend money, ever. I have something like 5,000 crystals because I never feel the need to buy anything. I don't know what I'd ever buy.

Okay, I'm going to take it for a spin, then. I've been pretty engrossed in Ultimate Spider-Man for the last couple of months, but it's going downhill fast.

rexor0717

Definitely, especially since all the best characters (e.g., Vision, WH, etc) are known so you can not waste your time with crappy characters (unless you like them!). The game is definitely beginner friendly and there's never a need to spend money, ever. I have something like 5,000 crystals because I never feel the need to buy anything. I don't know what I'd ever buy.

I'd say costumes are the only thing worth buying really. I've spent a decent chunk of cash in the game, but I figure there is no point in continuing to play if I'm not down for grinding bios. But you can only buy costumes and the stat boosts alone are worth it.

Drayco21

Am I the only Captain Marvel user who wants a Ms Marvel and/or Binary outfit for her?

Also add Kamala. That would be nice, too.

Nope; I keep 750 crystals reserved for a day one purchase the moment a proper Ms. Marvel costume comes out for her. I'll probably actually play Journalistic Integrity when it comes, too.

Am I the only Captain Marvel user who wants a Ms Marvel and/or Binary outfit for her?

Also add Kamala. That would be nice, too.

Nope. She's on my main team and I'm right there with you. Give us this Netmarble!:

ms__marvel_by_artgutierrez-d7uc553.jpg

Do it and take my money!

They probably won't do it because it requires a different model due to the hair.

Still the best costume for Carol.
Well after the Fear Itself version that is.

They probably won't do it because it requires a different model due to the hair.

It's one of the rumored costumes for the next update, and Thor goes from helmet to long hair with his costume change, so I'd say you've nothing to worry about.

Roto13

Not really. I've only bought Tony Stark's Stash, and only once.

Roto13

There's an opening in the NeoGAF Capes. Search for it and apply and also post your in game name in this thread to be accepted.

We're still 100 timeline battles away from the weekly achievement and there's only 2 hours left. :( I think some people are just logging in once a day and not playing. I don't think there's any way for me to find out who, though.

Is it worth starting this game now, four months after release?

My missus started a couple weeks ago now. Has probably 75% of the characters already.

This isn't like other Marvel games, it's pretty fair, you can get stuff fairly easy.

The only grind comes from ranking everyone up highly.

I think some people are just logging in once a day and not playing. I don't think there's any way for me to find out who, though.

I think so too. There's a few people on the list who's low levels haven't moved in a while too.

Just need nine people in Capes to do their Timeline battles and we all get 50 energy (which you're gonna want for double bio farming tomorrow). C'mon dudes!

Top Bottom