• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master of None Season 2 |OT| Aziz Ansari's Show Finally Returns (May 12th - Netflix)

Dereck

they should kill off his parents for the next season. I just feel embarrassed when theyre on but not in a funny cringe sort of way.
image.php

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i accidentally watched most of this in a day. i was really affected by it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Liked the season overall but holy shit I hated the finale.
Dev acting like he was just hearing about Chef Jeff from his manager was super shitty. But his turn from pining for Francesca to acting like a text book Nice Guy was incredibly frustrating. I'm surprised he didn't call himself a fucking incel.

Ansari's said on Fallon his mom doesn't like acting and tried getting out of Season 2. Hell, she got a role in the female Ocean's remake and turned it down.

Theorry

That ending tho.
Thats not gonna last (Why "introduce" Angie also again then) Wich is shame with all that has happened. B

Ledbetter

Ansari's said on Fallon his mom doesn't like acting and tried getting out of Season 2. Hell, she got a role in the female Ocean's remake and turned it down.

At least she doesn't get as much screen time as Aziz's dad, which is fine, because I love whenever he appears. He just looks too enthusiastic to act.

Mau ®

Thaksgiving episode is the best IMO. Just the perfect MON episode.

I couldn't really stand for the melodrama going on between Dev and Francesca. But I gotta say the direction this season was masterful.

jchap

I ended up not liking Dev by the end of the season. I'm not sure why... probably it is the selfish nature of the character.

just finished it yesterday... where to begin?

this season was so relatable to a lot of my life experiences that it was both incredible to watch as it was heartbreaking. the way he goes about pointing out certain things in the dating world, for instance, in the dating app episode, were spot on.

some of the episodes bummed me out, but again, just stirring up old memories i guess. now i want a season 3 as soon as humanly possible.

Melina Matsoukas is doing great things on TV. From music videos to doing some great episodes of Insecure to directing the Thanksgiving episode of this. she really has a future.

VAD

I also binged it yesterday. This show is so beautifully shot. It's better than most movies. I had no idea Tom Haverford was able to do something like that. Congratulations to everyone involved, this season is a work of art.

His mom and dad are great. They're like my parents and so many of my aunts and uncles. It's an entirely accurate portrayal of brown parents.

Birbo

Really enjoyable season. Beautiful cinematography and music selections. The Thanksgiving episode is the best thing I've seen in recent memory and Door #3 followed close behind (Brian's dad was awesome). As far as Dev's storyline,
think Arnold hit it on the head when he talked about the fantasy of the relationship with Francesca not comparing to what the reality would be. The look she gave Dev at the end felt like she was already second guessing her decision.
Too bad we have so long to wait to see what happens next.

polg

I binged watched this last night. What a rollercoaster, it's like a video game that gives you different types of gameplay from the beginning to the end.

The ending of episode 5 is beautiful and brutal at the same time.

Lender

I binged watched this last night. What a rollercoaster, it's like a video game that gives you different types of gameplay from the beginning to the end.

The ending of episode 5 is beautiful and brutal at the same time.
That ending was so painfully recognisable to watch. Went through the exact same thing just 2 months ago. That moment when you
fall for a girl so hard and you know you probably shouldn't. Fuck.

Episode 9 was equally tough as well. Beautiful episode though. Season 2 as a whole was top notch television.

FFP2

This season was pretty great. Episode 6 is one of my favourite TV episodes in recent memory. I didn't really care for most of the "Dev's love life" parts this season... I liked Rachel a lot more.

Also,
that "You used me!" bit was super pathetic and manipulative.

Ending shot was nicely done and pretty nuanced imo

Shaneus

This season was pretty great. Episode 6 is one of my favourite TV episodes in recent memory. I didn't really care for most of the "Dev's love life" parts this season... I liked Rachel a lot more.

Also,
that "You used me!" bit was super pathetic and manipulative.
Yeah, that actually seemed out of character and completely out of the blue, to be honest. I don't think there was much in any episode that gave the indication she did.

Do any other people of color think this show is kinda...whatever?

I'm all for having different perspectives than the regular sad white dude trope but they never go as hard as I want them too. Everything just feels like this sanitized after school special where wowowow there's more races wheee type of feel

It just seems so basic to me. Like they would have this in the "I wanna be more woke" starter kit.

Blackhead

Redarse

I'm all for having different perspectives than the regular sad white dude trope but they never go as hard as I want them too. Everything just feels like this sanitized after school special where wowowow there's more races wheee type of feel

It just seems so basic to me. Like they would have this in the "I wanna be more woke" starter kit.
WTF
It's definitely not people-of-color enough
Nope

LionPride

Banned

You said words, but gave no actual analysis

Top Bottom