• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master of None Season 2 |OT| Aziz Ansari's Show Finally Returns (May 12th - Netflix)

Lulubop

I loved S1 but this season is so much better, crazy to think. So many good episodes.

Thanksgiving, religion, I love NY, the dating app one, episode 9.

They really stepped it up

shoelacer

Banned
I laughed out loud a lot more than I can recall during the first season, and overall I liked it more.

I was not feeling the Italian woman at all though. That scene in Walgreens was so twee and precious, I felt like I was watching outtakes from some shitty Duplass brothers movie. That really didn't help during the last couple episodes during the more drawn out interactions between the two of them.

The ending was good though. It didn't give any of the characters any easy answers.

Brians Dad absolutely killed me. "I made a snack. It was the stew."

Sure, of course, but it's a comedy TV series so I assumed it was going to be reset button immediately.

Is this really that frequent of a thing?

Only halfway through the season but I loved the episode
when his going out with all them women , I swear I clicked with the nerdy chick than all the rest

Thanksgiving episode.
Dev put her on blast and the amount of facial expressions had a negro tripping.

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko1_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko2_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko3_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko5_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko6_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko4_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko7_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko8_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko9_1280.png

tumblr_opw6ctD4N51vnlciko10_1280.png

That shit was so funny and then Aunty calling her a thot.
That ending was so sweet too.

JonnyKong

Oh man, the end of episode 5 was perfect. Superb acting from Aziz, he managed to nail the "oh shit I'm falling for this person" panic via his facial expressions amazingly.

rec0ded1

That Thanksgiving episode is easily top 10 tv episodes of all time for me. Might be all that nostalgia making me biased.

Nikki though obamahankerchief.jpg

On Episode 3, and I really don't remember the acting being this bad. Aziz and maybe that little kid from Episode 1 are the only half decent actors in the entire show. The parents are as bad as ever, Arnold is awful, that Navid kid was bad, it's really taking me out of the show.

The parents have always been terrible actors but I think it adds to the comedy, some how it works.

doop_

Banned
Those final two episodes, just rip my heart into pieces. I have never been this emotionally invested in a piece of media EVER.

So many great things, and experimental stuff. I really enjoyed this season. My brother on the other hand absolutely hated stuff like the black and white episode and the party where it went completely silent while the deaf woman was the main character for a while. I thought it did a great job of conveying what they wanted to.

dcelw540

Just finished it so good! I just read season 3 night happen but I'll be awhile since aziz stated he wants to be married or have kids before the next season. I am majorly bummed out.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Man, when Tupac comes on as little Dev stares down a strip of bacon and he eats it anyways after he was told not to over the phone. Big laugh out loud moment for me.

So many great things, and experimental stuff. I really enjoyed this season. My brother on the other hand absolutely hated stuff like the black and white episode and the party where it went completely silent while the deaf woman was the main character for a while. I thought it did a great job of conveying what they wanted to.

totally agree.

LOVED the episode where aziz didn't even show up until the end at the cinema - some really cool little stories.

so much of this is obviously inspired by european film making, and i absolutely love that about it.

felt the emotional conflict between the two main characters real bad, really hit close to home for me.

god i love this show.

phanphare

Banned
thanksgiving

lol them using a spoof to smoke had me in a time machine. though there's no way a blunt isn't stinking up the whole house even with it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Finished it a few minutes ago, fucking loved it. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that episode 9 though. That hits close to home, though the girl wasn't engaged in my scenario.

Esiquio

Scroll up and read my post.
I think so, yes. To expand my thoughts: I think that the last scene is from a couple of weeks after she was SUPPOSED to leave, but didn't, hence the snow outside the window, since it's still winter in NYC. Although the lack of a ring on Francesca is obvious, and the center of the shot (giving us a hint of a happy ending) the facial expressions of the characters betray nothing, so it's really open to interpretation. That said, maybe Francesca was awake before Aziz because she was reflecting on the reality of her choice, her family back home, and having second thoughts. This is honestly the only way I could see it playing out in the next season...we can't have too happy on an antagonist, after all.

That episode was fantastic. On episode 9 I don't want it to end.
Seriously. As a GAFer mentioned above, they haven't been so emotionally invested in a show ever. For me, some major parts of the stories hit me right in the soul because I've been there, man, I've been there. The absolutely best thing the show did with smaller touches is the lingering of shots, where you aren't able to avoid the fucking moment, the awkwardness, that you would in 99.9% of other shows. This is most evident in something we have rarely seen in a show like this,
with the end of episode 5, where we are forced to agonize with Aziz. And I did. Man, I have felt what he was feeling in that moment. I'm projecting, but there were moments where I could see him playing out a scenario for a moment, thinking it may work, then sighing and thinking better of it.

Dang son, Francesca is a hawwwwwtie.
I don't know who she is, but damn is she smoking hot. Dude on the street knew what's up haha! God, I love foreign women...especially French ;)

Reckoner

What happened to the girl on the first episode? She most likely will appear on the third season and have some sort of clashing moment on Dev's life.

Scroll up and read my post.
I think so, yes. To expand my thoughts: I think that the last scene is from a couple of weeks after she was SUPPOSED to leave, but didn't, hence the snow outside the window, since it's still winter in NYC. Although the lack of a ring on Francesca is obvious, and the center of the shot (giving us a hint of a happy ending) the facial expressions of the characters betray nothing, so it's really open to interpretation. That said, maybe Francesca was awake before Aziz because she was reflecting on the reality of her choice, her family back home, and having second thoughts. This is honestly the only way I could see it playing out in the next season...we can't have too happy on an antagonist, after all.

Seriously. As a GAFer mentioned above, they haven't been so emotionally invested in a show ever. For me, some major parts of the stories hit me right in the soul because I've been there, man, I've been there. The absolutely best thing the show did with smaller touches is the lingering of shots, where you aren't able to avoid the fucking moment, the awkwardness, that you would in 99.9% of other shows. This is most evident in something we have rarely seen in a show like this,
with the end of episode 5, where we are forced to agonize with Aziz. And I did. Man, I have felt what he was feeling in that moment. I'm projecting, but there were moments where I could see him playing out a scenario for a moment, thinking it may work, then sighing and thinking better of it.

I don't know who she is, but damn is she smoking hot. Dude on the street knew what's up haha! God, I love foreign women...especially French ;)
Thank you. I thought it was a flash back.
my wife said she was wearing different clothes

Binged the whole show this evening. Loved every second of it. Liked how they brought back recurring characters from the previous season in select but great moments
(his agent trying to pierce his soul had me on the floor)

Also I impulse bought the vinyl of the soundtrack and I don't even own a turntable. That cover really caught my eye.

mm04

I had forgotten how much I liked the first season until I started watching season 2. Now I'm finished and it's going to be a long wait for season 3...at least there better be a season 3! I don't know why but I got such a big kick out of all the scenes where they were just speaking Italian. Dev's enunciation and flourishes just cracked me up. Oh and I really really need to date an Italian girl one day.

Top Bottom