• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds debuting new items this spring: Egg White Delight McMuffin, Premium McWraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

From the previous thread:

I think these are replacing the Angus Third-Pounders in the US:

VfW947L.jpg

Quarter-Pounder Bacon&Cheese, QP Habanero Ranch, QP Deluxe

Link

The Autumn Wind
If people are ordering this they are looking for a "healthy" sandwich. Yolks are good for you.
I think when people order the "healthy" option at a fast food restaurant, they're more concerned with the content the sandwich avoids, rather than what it includes. Someone is more likely to be thinking, "Hmm, this has less fat and calories, let me get that," not "Hmm, this sandwich doesn't have enough protein."

DJMicLuv

Thank fucking Christ that there is still this amount of creativity in the fast food industry.

No resting on their laurels for McDonalds! Constantly innovative they consistently redefine modern cuisine with new and often bravely experimental dishes which continue to delight their customers and sate the appetite of even the most jaded of carnivores.

It makes my heart sing to know that in these times of uncertainty and austerity there is a company like McDonalds who insist on delivering affordable and dependable culinary creations, fearless in their originality and unmatched in their quality.

The fact that their CEO is a dead clown makes their unrivaled success in the industry nothing short of a miracle.

I don't like their food but I respect them for all they've done for mankind and pray nightly in thanks to God himself for their unparalleled genius.

McDonalds has also been testing the return of Mighty Wings.

q42nWi5.jpg

Aw man, the picture looks like the Mighty Wings of the 90's! I need some! The McD's in China, Hong Kong, and Thailand sell fried chicken wings, but they're different in taste and texture from the original Mighty Wing.

Burai

shitonmychest57
We've had those wraps here in the UK for a while now along with an equivalent sandwich to head off the Subway threat. They are the only thing I'll eat from the day menu too.

But the best wrap...

BREAKFAST WRAP!

breakfast-wrap.jpg

Bacon, egg, sausage, cheese, potato rosti and your choice of ketchup or brown sauce. INTO MY VEINS.

Omni

I remember when I worked at McDonalds and whenever an order for a wrap came through, no one had any idea how to make them. Most times they'd just chuck whatever in and hope for the best

We've had those wraps here in the UK for a while now along with an equivalent sandwich to head off the Subway threat. They are the only thing I'll eat from the day menu too.

But the best wrap...

BREAKFAST WRAP!

breakfast-wrap.jpg

Bacon, egg, sausage, cheese, potato rosti and your choice of ketchup or brown sauce. INTO MY VEINS.

Oh man, i should be british. People look at you like you are dumb as bricks here if you put ketchup on an egg sandwich, thankfully im polish so i give no fucks and lather my eggs in ketchup.

Oh man, i should be british. People look at you like you are dumb as bricks here if you put ketchup on an egg sandwich, thankfully im polish so i give no fucks and lather my eggs in ketchup.

My friends family in Bulgaria apparently puts ketchup on EVERYTHING. Rice, beans, eggs, you name it. Must be a European thing because Americans generally limit Ketchup to fried potatoes and Burgers/Hotdogs.

Salsa/hot sauce on the other hand is great on eggs.

NoRéN;50159694 said:
Seriously. Breakfast after Midnight is a nice start. So glad they started that.

Breakfast at Midnight would make me quit working at McDonald's (though I say that about a lot of shit that happens anyway :v). They actually want to do 24-hr breakfast at my store, even though we arguably don't have the grill capacity for lunch by itself.

They're going to make an eggs benedict breakfast sandwich next, gotta do something with all those yolks

There was (is?) one here in australia, the "NYC Benedict Bagel"

best image i could find:

bag1bbjje.jpg

i think i had one once. i think it was so-so. Tasted more mayo- than holland- aise.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Why the fuck are all these sandwiches? They're burgers goddamn.

Thank fucking Christ that there is still this amount of creativity in the fast food industry.

No resting on their laurels for McDonalds! Constantly innovative they consistently redefine modern cuisine with new and often bravely experimental dishes which continue to delight their customers and sate the appetite of even the most jaded of carnivores.

It makes my heart sing to know that in these times of uncertainty and austerity there is a company like McDonalds who insist on delivering affordable and dependable culinary creations, fearless in their originality and unmatched in their quality.

The fact that their CEO is a dead clown makes their unrivaled success in the industry nothing short of a miracle.

I don't like their food but I respect them for all they've done for mankind and pray nightly in thanks to God himself for their unparalleled genius.

0/10 for me.

pswii60

What does McDonalds do with all those discarded egg yolks? Not sure I want to know.

Also, this is only encouraging fussy eating! The yolk is the only bit of the egg with any flavour.

The McDonalds rubbery circular egg things they put on McMuffins surely aren't real eggs anyway.

What does McDonalds do with all those discarded egg yolks? Not sure I want to know.

Also, this is only encouraging fussy eating! The yolk is the only bit of the egg with any flavour.

The McDonalds rubbery circular egg things they put on McMuffins surely aren't real eggs anyway.

They are. So are the McGriddles but those are precooked outside of McDonalds.

Srsly

Banned
Why the fuck would anyone get this? 35 less calories (of satiating protein and fat) and it tastes horrible in comparison. Fucking stupid

I never liked their breakfasts, too salty. Jack in the Box has better ones.

Also, egg whites lol. Not like you're getting anything healthier.

We've had the Blueberry Pomegranate smoothie in Canada for a while now. It's disgusting.

Love the Strawberry Banana smoothies though, and they're much cheaper than going to a smoothie place.

8bit

Knows the Score
German McDonalds are doing a build your own burger competition, some of the most popular items will be available through the country later in the year.

http://meinburger.mcdonalds.de/

The Sausage Coil, Mc Nasty, MILFDESTROYER, Hot Beef Injection & Mc Forever Alone are my favourite names so far.

akira28

It's funny. I had just cut a can in half to try to make the mcdonalds style eggs for a bacon egg and cheese English muffin sandwich. While it did work, I think the cut was too tall, so too much of the heat was sent away from the bottom. I think the egg was a little runny...

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
It's funny. I had just cut a can in half to try to make the mcdonalds style eggs for a bacon egg and cheese English muffin sandwich. While it did work, I think the cut was too tall, so too much of the heat was sent away from the bottom. I think the egg was a little runny...

Yeah, egg rings are usually abot a half innch tall. Also, Break the outer layer of the yolk with a knife. It takes less time to cook the yolk hard then.

akira28

Yeah, egg rings are usually abot a half innch tall. Also, Break the outer layer of the yolk with a knife. It takes less time to cook the yolk hard then.

Yes, I'll have to go at it again with the tin shears later. But in the meantime...indigestion.

Cheech

Anyone eating this for health reasons is fooling themselves. This food is designed to encourage you to overeat. Even if it is moderately nutritious, it's like the loss leader equivalent to fast food. They want you in there to smell and see the other stuff.

This is just stupid.

I eat 4-5 Egg McMuffins a week. My BP is 120/80, total cholesterol is 123, and my triglycerides are 74.

Not all of us lack self control.

I WOULD like the whole grain english muffin with white cheddar. That sounds amazing. I'd like to keep the whole egg though, not just the whites.

There was (is?) one here in australia, the "NYC Benedict Bagel"

best image i could find:

bag1bbjje.jpg

i think i had one once. i think it was so-so. Tasted more mayo- than holland- aise.

Mayo *shudder*

I wonder why they put it on a bagel? Guess the English Muffin couldn't stand up to the sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom