• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to finally launch Fish McBites this February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Doesn't sound too appealing to me. I'm surprised some people here have had and enjoyed the fillet o'fish. I've never seen anyone order one of those.

Dude, it was my favourite drunk night food until the greasy kebab invasion of the mid '00s.

McDonald's Filet-o-Fish sandwich is (IMHO) one of the most delicious items available from any fast food chain. The problem with it though, it that one sandwich contains enough nutrition for a small family to survive a long winter, and yet it would take a half dozen of the things to make you feel genuinely full. It's the Krispy Kreme donut of fish sandwiches.

I use to binge on them, eating like three per night. It's a good thing I was a teenager and used to train like a motherfucker, because only God knows how many calories I put into myself.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
tumblr_m6x8twunGl1qfbsl5o1_400.gif

akira28

again? These sucked the last time I tried them. They finally started getting the Spicy McBites right, just before they cancelled them. They started making them bigger, and suddenly KFC discontinues popcorn chicken. But McDonalds, sensing victory, ends the promotional and stops selling.

And now, the cheapest white fish available next to shitty swai vietnamese farmed catfish bullshit, in bite size form.

Zapages

BK Fish was better before they changed it...

Currently its like

Old BK Fish > New BK Fish = Nathan's Fish sandwich > McD's Fish Sandwich.

I look forward to see these...

The problem with McD's Fish Sandwich, is that it does fill you up... Its like snack sandwich more than a meal sandwich. :\

And now, the cheapest white fish available next to shitty swai vietnamese farmed catfish bullshit, in bite size form.

LOL yeah pollock isn't the best. I don't ever eat catfish.

I don't mind filet o' fish, but there is nothing like a good fried haddock or cod fillet.

Old BK Fish > New BK Fish = Nathan's Fish sandwich > McD's Fish Sandwich.

Wendy's fish sandwiches are good. What's really weird is Arby's used to have excellent fish sandwiches (6-7 years ago). I don't know if it was old or new but I had a "Big BK Fish" sandwich a few years ago and it was big but didn't have a lot of flavor. The bun was huge as well which I didn't like.

I think the problem is good fish is expensive for a fast food place.

Filet O Fish is good but it reminds me of the fish patty I would get on my school cafeteria tray.
And I'm not a huge proponent of cheese and seafood. Although it can pass on a filet o fish, I can't stand shellfish and cheese together.

akira28

LOL yeah pollock isn't the best. I don't ever eat catfish.

I don't mind filet o' fish, but there is nothing like a good fried haddock or cod fillet.

Cod for the mfing win. I didn't know it was so First Tier until I started cooking with it and noticed it going up like 6 dollars a pound.

Catfish is delicious, but only certain kinds. Swai is the worst of the Vietnamese river catfish. They keep the better varieties and sell them under different names, but swai is just a made up name for farmed Vietnamese catfish. Like "Footlong" is for subway. The meat is almost tasteless, and the texture is completely soft and limp, without resistance. Yet I see restaurants trying to sell it like it's the next big thing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People who actually eat the fish sandwich at McD's are like sasquatch to me, I've heard they exist but never seen one with my own eyes

shira

Fish McBites sounds like a character on a kids show.

McFishBites would've been better.

Yes I'm surprised they didn't go with McFish.

I'd love to see one cut in half.

Prolly 60% bread cumbs
10% fish scales
10% fish genitals
10% fish entrails
9% fish meat
1% grease

Loofy

Fillet o' fish is awesome and to me is alot higher quality than those frozen fish sticks you get at the grocery store.
R6DCtQG.jpg

Loofy

Fish does not get enough love. There should already be fish sandwich on the $1 menu.
The fish sandwich was on the dollar menu, maybe 5-6 years ago. Double cheeseburger with fish fillet was my thing. Now its that Mcdouble and junior chicken :(

Fillet o' fish is awesome and to me is alot higher quality than those frozen fish sticks you get at the grocery store.

Costco has really good fish sticks. They're not cheap but the quality blows away anything from a grocery store.

They have frozen halibut that is amazing too. Baked in the oven, it has a very thin coating and then a huge chunk of fish. It's almost like eating a chicken breast.

Zapages

You mean the Whaler?

The whaler was great... Also any of the recent BK fish sandwiches before they went with potato bread with pickle fish sandwich. :\

Wendy's fish sandwiches are good. What's really weird is Arby's used to have excellent fish sandwiches (6-7 years ago). I don't know if it was old or new but I had a "Big BK Fish" sandwich a few years ago and it was big but didn't have a lot of flavor. The bun was huge as well which I didn't like.

I think the problem is good fish is expensive for a fast food place.

Filet O Fish is good but it reminds me of the fish patty I would get on my school cafeteria tray.
And I'm not a huge proponent of cheese and seafood. Although it can pass on a filet o fish, I can't stand shellfish and cheese together.

The Wendy's Fish sandwich is a hit or miss in my area...

Never tried Arby's sandwich...

big_z

People who actually eat the fish sandwich at McD's are like sasquatch to me, I've heard they exist but never seen one with my own eyes

This is the reason I'm affraid to try one. I imagine the stock sitting there for months until that rare person comes in to order one.

Xeke

Banned
People can rip on McDonald's all they want but they have really stepped it up in recent years and they still offer by far the best value menu of the major burger chains.

Loofy

I love it but I rarely order one. Its a pretty tiny sandwich and a big mac, mcchicken, bigextra(my favourite) are just more filling.

But if you never tried it. Next time you go to McDs..
Get a double.
rswmGGT.png

Zapages

I love it but I rarely order one. Its a pretty tiny sandwich and a big mac, mcchicken, bigextra(my favourite) are just more filling.

But if you never tried it. Next time you go to McDs..
Get a double.
rswmGGT.png

How do you get that? Is there way to get combo with double fish? What do you have to say? May I have an extra Fish patty on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom