• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twelve McDonald's Menu Items That Failed Spectactularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmonax

BY2K said:
Super-Sized fries and coke still exist, no? But most cashier just don't ask if you want it, you have to ask it yourself.
I don't think so. Now the biggest you can get is "Large." They probably don't bother correcting people when they ask for super-size, though.

Purexed

Banned
Man, the bun and sauce on that Arch Deluxe was soooo good. Good times eating that while playing Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES...

painey

im sure super sized does still exist in america. whenever i've gotten a large drink from mcdonalds and i go to get a lid, there is always one that is too big even for my large cup

Purexed said:
Man, the bun and sauce on that Arch Deluxe was soooo good. Good times eating that while playing Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES...

The bun was made with potato bread. You can buy potato buns in some stores, they're damn good for homemade hamburgers.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm actually suprised mighty wings didn't make the list. Those things were advertised like crazy here for a while and just dissapeared.

blackflag

MCDLT was the shit. McLean was ok.

The pizza, not the pocket one, was good too. I had it once.

Haven't eaten at McDonald's in like 15 years though except like once in Korea.

Demy

That Arch Deluxe sounds mighty tasty. Clyde is this aimed at me since I told everyone i like Cracked articles?

Odrion

Banned
Arch Deluxe was awesome. And as a kid seeing those commercials made me want to buy the burger because it would mean I was more mature.

Can't believe it bombed. I would've thought there would be other kids who'd share the same sort of mindset and get suckered in.

Not to mention that it was a damn quality burger.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
t-storm said:
I loved the Arch Deluxe :(

Me too. Greatest McDonalds sandwich (other than the Egg McMuffin) ever. Sad that it was so short lived. Funny fact about myself, I have never gotten anything other than an Egg McMuffin Meal (with Hi-C Orange) since I was a little kid. I have no idea what a McGriddle tastes like.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Does anyone remember the Larry Bird Big Mac? It was on a hoagie with 4 burgers on it. Shit was delicious and one of the reasons I was a fat kid.

Shouta

Karkador said:
I had a Texas 2 burger in Japan. That was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a McDonalds.

McD's in Japan has some freaking awesome chicken items on their list nowadays.

3N16MA

Banned
Teetris said:
Has to be a joke. I refuse to believe this.

They tried it twice.

Jcq69.gif

29TBN.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Very interesting. The Pizza Pocket like item actually looks damn good. Some of those I totally remember too.

When it comes to the Mc Rib they really just need to make it an every day item. It sucks when it comes back for a short time and they get swarmed it becomes almost impossible to get one.

Dan Yo

Banned
Their marketing for the Arch Deluxe must've been very effective because I was certain it still existed before seeing these articles. As I recall it was one of their better burgers.

Aside from that one I can't really recall anything other than the Big 'n' Tasty and the Super Size.

I hate the new "southern" chicken they have for the sandwich and biscuit. Prior to that, they had a great spicy chicken patty that I would often have on a breakfast biscuit. I can remember when I took a bite of the new style patty (that they never even announced as changing) and the contrast was so extreme I thought I'd gotten a rotten one and nearly puked.

johnsmith

remember me
Dresden said:
What happened to the steak 'n egg bagel, by the way? Haven't seen that in years.

Might be a regional item. I just had one a few weeks ago.

The McDonalds here also sell 50 nuggets for $9.99. I've been meaning to get it and see how many I can eat.

Stet

Banned
ZeroGravity said:
I loved their Pizza. I think it lasted longer in Canada than the US.
It must have because that's all I ever remember getting as a kid. Best thing on the menu, in my opinion.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Isn't the Big ‘N Tasty still around in the UK as the "Big Tasty", or is this a different burger (not familiar with the US version)?
Looking at the picture its a different burger. Big N Tasty didn't have cheese on it.

diddles

Banned
Saren is Bad said:
now i feel like an idiot for asking to get my stuff super-sized for the past 7 years

haha. i loved the supersized fry box, with the big yellow bonus meter top.

oh and what happened to the mcdonald's cherry pie? they used to have them and i loved them. now it's always just apple pie.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Isn't the Big ‘N Tasty still around in the UK as the "Big Tasty", or is this a different burger (not familiar with the US version)?
the big tasty is amazing, so big i can never eat any chips(fries) with it

dabig2

Super-size defined my childhood and adolescence. Shit was so good. I'm still pissed they got rid of it. Wouldn't call it a failure either. All that money they made off of it for 11 years doesn't disappear after all.

Retro

MatthewB92 said:
What about the mozzarella sticks they had for like 4 months? They were good.

That reminds me, Burger King had some great Mozzarella Sticks too, 1999-2000'ish. I would get them for lunch all the time when I worked near a BK.

Red

McAfrica looks great, but why market it with that name?

I remember the Arch Deluxe, was pretty young when they were around though. Never really liked the Big N Tasty. Big Mac is way better (and way better than Whoppers too... why do people like soggy mayo-burgers so much?), it's certainly one of the tastiest fast food sandwiches.

The Angus burgers are awful. Just awful. Terrible flavor, somehow worse than those 1/8 inch patties on the McDouble.

Big-E

Absolutely adored the Arch Deluxe, Big Extra (what we called the Big N Tasty in Canada) and the pizza they made at McDonalds. Fuck everybody for losing me these items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom