• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V TPP (PC) to be bundled with Nvidia Cards in Future

Aesthet1c

Trying everything I can with Amazon support, because I bought my card like a week ago. They just told me the codes are handled by the manufacturer and that I need to contact Nvidia on the issue. Guess it was wishful thinking.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
How much of a leap is a 980ti over a 970? Would you say it's a $300 leap?

Depends on what kind of setup you have. If you have a 1080p display then 980ti is pointless. If you have a high res display (1440p) and want 60fps or want 4k 30 at all times (and have the cash to spare) then 980ti offers the best value for money considering the tital X level performance and 6 gigs of RAM.

If it is just 1080p display then 970 is the best card in the market. FTW/gaming 4g 970 performs close to 980 stock.

If you play at 1440, its the difference between a smooth 60fps and choppy 45-60fps.

Depends on what kind of setup you have. If you have a 1080p display then 980ti is pointless. If you have a high res display (1440p) and want 60fps or want 4k 30 at all times (and have the cash to spare) then 980ti offers the best value for money considering the tital X level performance and 6 gigs of RAM.

If it is just 1080p display then 970 is the best card in the market. FTW/gaming 4g 970 performs close to 980 stock.
Hmm, so I currently play on dual 16:10 monitors (1920x1200). I'm assuming I probably wouldn't benefit that much from a 980ti then?

I'd like to pick up a 4k display at some point though...

ALM5252

I got an Evga 750 ti. I mainly use it for Dolphin to achieve 1440p @ 60fps. I also just got a 4K TV. How big of an update will this be for me if I purchase the 980ti? I also have 8gb ram if it makes a difference.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I got an Evga 750 ti. I mainly use it for Dolphin to achieve 1440p @ 60fps. I also just got a 4K TV. How big of an update will this be for me if I purchase the 980ti? I also have 8gb ram if it makes a difference.

Huge. You are moving from an entry level last gen GPU to top of the line latest DX12 ready GPU.

Hmm, so I currently play on dual 16:10 monitors (1920x1200). I'm assuming I probably wouldn't benefit that much from a 980ti then?

I'd like to pick up a 4k display at some point though...

Get your priority right. If you are gonna get 4k soon then you can look into 980ti otherwise no.

kuYuri

Got my code in an email about 5 hours after my video card purchase! I exchanged my Gigabyte 970 for an ASUS Strix one and got a code.

Ew9hrei.jpg

Mechazawa

Trying everything I can with Amazon support, because I bought my card like a week ago. They just told me the codes are handled by the manufacturer and that I need to contact Nvidia on the issue. Guess it was wishful thinking.

That's silly. Nothing's stopping you from theoretically just returning your GPU and rebuying the stupid thing just to get TPP. Especially since people out of the warranty period got it.

I'd suggest hitting them up in a few days. They probably just ran out of reserve codes.

Grassy

It didn't work for me, the message was that their "system doesn't support sending codes to international customers currently". I bought my card in June so it was worth a shot. I'd give it a go if you're in the US though.

Edit: This was with Newegg

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Tried Scan in the UK here and they basically told me to fuck off when I asked lol (very nicely admittedly!)

Seems like Newegg are pretty damn awesome as a company.

Linkup

Batman was apparently gone when I went to claim my code so I ended up getting this. Guess I'm on the MGS5 hype train now.

If you got your card through Newegg and received Batman, you can still get MGSV by using Newegg web chat from their "help" page. Just mention the game being faulty and it being pulled from stores.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Hope you get a positive response. I sent an e-mail earlier in the day and received this response:

I got a positive response :O :O :O

Hello, we have found out that we have enough codes to help customers out who purchased cards before this promo. I have gone ahead and added the " Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain " promo to your invoice. Please allow 1-3 days before you receive the email with the game code. If you do not get the code in a timely manner please let me know so I can check to see if the code was emailed.

YEAHHH NCIX

Gigabyte G1 970 or ASUS STRIX?

How big of a deal is noise to you?

The ASUS one is smaller and will be noticeably quieter, but the Gigabyte will have slightly better performance/overclock better.

For me noise is a big deal so I went with ASUS. At the end of the day the performance of all of the cards is quite similar.

Murman

I contacted OCUK about the whole thing and they just sent me a redeemable code for MGSV. I explained the whole Batman AK on PC being a shitstorm of disappointment and well...I guess I must have made a good point.

If you bought your 980TI on OCUK I suggest trying to contact support and you might get lucky.

Nif

Amazon would only give me a $5 credit. They gave me Batman for a card I got in April before the Batman promo, but I only tried getting an mgs code for the second card I bought in may, and they say they can't do anything. To bad :(

Well, Amazon shot me down, saying since there is no promo, no code. When the MSI MSG:V promo goes live on Amazon I will try again.

Which Amazon branch and what card? Because I see MGS V on the page for the one I checked under "Special Offers and Product Promotions".

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Well, Amazon shot me down, saying since there is no promo, no code. When the MSI MSG:V promo goes live on Amazon I will try again.

Amazon.it told me to pound sand, so I turned to nVidia directly, they're reviewing my case now. I'll let you know what happens.

If you got your card through Newegg and received Batman, you can still get MGSV by using Newegg web chat from their "help" page. Just mention the game being faulty and it being pulled from stores.
To be fair, nvidia themselves should accept people asking for this instead of that busted ass AK port.

I tried with my retailer and didn't get anywhere but that was worth a try.

pahamrick

Only thing now is to hope that any pre-order DLC is purchasable separate in case nvidia promo copies don't get it (like Arkham Knight).

I'm assuming Steam copies will get the same pre-order stuff that the console versions have.

Only thing now is to hope that any pre-order DLC is purchasable separate in case nvidia promo copies don't get it (like Arkham Knight).

I'm assuming Steam copies will get the same pre-order stuff that the console versions have.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too.

GZ also had some Japan-specific DLC (for an extra TPP box, weapon and staff member) that still hasn't shown up stateside. Hope that and the TPP CE DLC is available too.

Mifec

You get all the pre order stuff even if you buy the game on launch for Steam :3 Which has me worried about preload.

Nzyme32

Probably... but then again you can only get the "Steam" box item in the Steam version, so it is possible they stretch to doing that with more content, DLC trinkets or even make little platform specific easter eggs

pahamrick

You get all the pre order stuff even if you buy the game on launch for Steam :3 Which has me worried about preload.

Really? That's something I hadn't heard before, good news.

Probably... but then again you can only get the "Steam" box item in the Steam version, so it is possible they stretch to doing that with more content, DLC trinkets or even make little platform specific easter eggs

Wouldn't surprise me if each platform had little specific easter eggs, but I'd hope it's nothing major.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too.

GZ also had some Japan-specific DLC (for an extra TPP box, weapon and staff member) that still hasn't shown up stateside. Hope that and the TPP CE DLC is available too.

Really? Bummer it hasn't come states side yet.

jwhit28

I was waiting on EVGA B-Stock to become available again, but if I'm saving $50 on MGS V, I might as well buy now. I'm pleased with the R9 290's performance but in my little room it's like my computer and the A/C are having a temperature battle to the death.

This really sucks, I got the GTX 980 TI G1 card on July 21st(I ordered it on Saturday 18th) from an Australian PC store Mwave.

My brother got the same card however from an Australian PC Store Pccasegear at the same time,he asked pccasegear if he could get a code and they gave him one as it was near the promotion.

Mwave though I'm sure are going to be pricks about this,however I asked I just have to wait until tomorrow for a reply, the card even has coil whine in some instances which sucks,hopefully they give me one as in just the past 8 months I spent nearly $6000 AUD with them.

madjoki

I would say that's better than getting a free code for MGSV on Steam. Nice.

Considering MGS V is around $30 at secondary market, that's two times as good.

Sadly I was unable to get anything, but at least Batman Arkham Knight will be better than nothing once it's playable.

I would say that's better than getting a free code for MGSV on Steam. Nice.

I'm definitely not complaining.

Just a heads up for people dealing with Amazon. Do it over the phone, and try to explain the situation very clearly. The reps aren't going to be familiar with the issues regarding Arkham Knight in the slightest, but bare with them. I was told that they can't just give the nVidia codes, but they were more than willing to give a partial refund in gift credit.

Top Bottom