• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V TPP (PC) to be bundled with Nvidia Cards in Future

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Well, this is pushing me into a purchase of a 970.

Is the Asus STRIX truly one of the quietest models?

I suppose it has to be, since it has the 0RPM mode while in idle, don't know about gaming though.

I can tell you that have an MSI G4 and it's dead silent even while playing heavy games, with the deafult fan profile the max fan speed I've seen is 54%-1245rpm and 68° max temp (and this is during a super hot summer). In idle it's so cool I've started shutting down my case fans too for total silence. :lol I assume the Strix would be in the same ballpark.

Rodin

Well, this is pushing me into a purchase of a 970.

Is the Asus STRIX truly one of the quietest models?

Yeah, it is.

fannoise_idle.gif
fannoise_load.gif

And temperatures are outstanding as well, despite the card being silent.

temp.gif

I used Newegg customer service chat and got MGS5 very easily. I just said Arkham Knight is so defective even the publisher pulled it off the market. The Newegg agent immediately replied that he'll give me MGS5. Minutes later i got an email to confirm my new order.

The game is now on my Steam account.

I suppose it has to be, since it has the 0RPM mode while in idle, don't know about gaming though.

I can tell you that have an MSI G4 and it's dead silent even while playing heavy games, with the deafult fan profile the max fan speed I've seen is 54%-1245rpm and 68° max temp (and this is during a super hot summer). In idle it's so cool I've started shutting down my case fans too for total silence. :lol I assume the Strix would be in the same ballpark.

Yeah, it is.

And temperatures are outstanding as well, despite the card being silent.

Thanks guys, sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Consider me on the 3.5gb partition of the MGS hype train.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So all I could get was a Arkham Knight code. I'm not really into Batman but I've played all the other games. It's still 50€ saved when the game will come out! :lol

It took almost exactly 23 hours after purchase for the email with the code to arrive from Newegg, but I got it. Hooray!

My loyal 570 is days away from retirement. It has served me well.

StarVigil

Huzzah! I sent an email to the German shop, Atelco, where I purchased the GTX 970 back in May.
Told them how Batman is so unplayable WB took it out of the shops, and NVidia started giving out MGSV codes instead.
Got my code after 24h. Best purchase ever! 0 Ragrets. The Witcher 3, someday fixed Batman, And MGSV:TPP for free!
0gjlHnw.gif

synce

Just ordered a 960 from newegg, I'm assuming they'll send the code within a few days? The card comes out to $110 basically, what a steal :3

fastmower

I tried to get Amazon to give me a code because of the Batman Arkham Knight issues; they just gave me a $60 credit instead. Nice people (or maybe just in a hurry and didn't know how to give me a code).

npa189

Newegg just came up with a code for me, got 3 games with my 970! kinda thinking about canceling that PS4 collector's edition now, don't need to buy the same game twice...

I contacted Newegg by chat when I didn't get an email response and the rep got me the code in like 30 seconds.

It's almost as if Newegg wants my money in 2 weeks for my Skylake build, they really are too good at keeping me a loyal customer >_>

I tried to get Amazon to give me a code because of the Batman Arkham Knight issues; they just gave me a $60 credit instead. Nice people (or maybe just in a hurry and didn't know how to give me a code).

I got $80 told them i was just going to use it on the ps4 version

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I got a 970 from best buy the week before this promo went live. Am I out of luck?

DamnBoxes

Huzzah! I sent an email to the German shop, Atelco, where I purchased the GTX 970 back in May.
Told them how Batman is so unplayable WB took it out of the shops, and NVidia started giving out MGSV codes instead.
Got my code after 24h. Best purchase ever! 0 Ragrets. The Witcher 3, someday fixed Batman, And MGSV:TPP for free!
0gjlHnw.gif

You could not have picked a better .gif for this. Well done!

I got $80 told them i was just going to use it on the ps4 version

What are you telling them? They are reluctant to do anything with my order. Its still being reviewed by their promotions team.

Did you call? Email?

I am still in my return window to be honest and I feel that I may as well return it and reorder. :x

What are you telling them? They are reluctant to do anything with my order. Its still being reviewed by their promotions team.

Did you call? Email?

I am still in my return window to be honest and I feel that I may as well return it and reorder. :x

i hate to say this but throw a tantrum seriously one thing ive learn from working retail is you fight hard enough they will cave in seriously
i called btw

i hate to say this but throw a tantrum seriously one thing ive learn from working retail is you fight hard enough they will cave in seriously
i called btw

Well, I tried to throw a tantrum, got to the highest level of phone support and I still got diddly squat. They said go to the manufacturer and see what they say but Amazon would not be giving codes/credits at all.

The rep I spoke to said to just return the GPU and pay the 20 percent restocking fee. I was seriously floored at that response.

No idea how one person can get it but another can't. But whatever. Not worth the hassle and cost to return it. Wait for codes to go on sale I suppose! :x

Well, I tried to throw a tantrum, got to the highest level of phone support and I still got diddly squat. They said go to the manufacturer and see what they say but Amazon would not be giving codes/credits at all.

The rep I spoke to said to just return the GPU and pay the 20 percent restocking fee. I was seriously floored at that response.

No idea how one person can get it but another can't. But whatever. Not worth the hassle and cost to return it. Wait for codes to go on sale I suppose! :x

That makes no sense at all did someone say they would call you back or anything ?
The fact they are me giving me well over what the game is worth makes me scratch my head tho i have spent $2000+ already just this year with them

That makes no sense at all did someone say they would call you back or anything ?
The fact they are me giving me well over what the game is worth makes me scratch my head tho i have spent $2000+ already just this year with them

I know! I have too. I bought a new monitor and TV in just the past 6 months on its own. The monitor was like 700 dollars itself!

I have no idea what their deal was. The highest level of support on the phone said that was the "final" resolution they would offer me. I think I will email them explaining the situation in detail and hopefully they get back to me. It's upsetting only because they are treating me like a monster for purchasing it from them. :x

How should I ask the question? Just say that Arkham Knight is broken on PC and ask if I can get an MGS5 code to make for that or say that others have asked for replacement codes and gotten them?

LAA

Still been waiting for amazon UK to get the MGS V promotion but still nothing. I wonder if they're purposely waiting till August for the batman fix to avoid giving the codes out. (And I already have batman so having the code is useless to me either way)

I did contact nvidia about it and they wouldn't help. Said it was down to the retailer to do that. Could try again for another agent possibly but I can't see it helping.

Took a few days to hear from Newegg via email, but got my code. Took me a good 10 minutes to figure out I had to go to Nvidia's site to redeem it as I kept getting invalid messages on Steam -_-

Also, I purchased my card at the beginning of May, so if you did too don't be discouraged!

Vitor711

Spoke to Amazon, explained that the product was deemed defective and they said I'd hear back from their marketing & promotions team in 1-2 business days.

*Fingers crossed*

Ibuki

Banned
I just talked to Amazon after waiting a week for a response from the promo team. They basically said there is nothing they can do and kept ignoring the issue and asked if they could help with anything else. Ridiculous, should have just bought my parts from Newegg.

Vitor711

I just talked to Amazon after waiting a week for a response from the promo team. They basically said there is nothing they can do and kept ignoring the issue and asked if they could help with anything else. Ridiculous, should have just bought my parts from Newegg.

Same. Disappointing.

impact

Banned
It's nice sure, but if I got it on PC then I couldn't buy used and re-sell to double fuck this piece of shit scummy company.

Gonna be hard to resist people selling their codes in the B/S/T thread, but I'ma try to be strong on this after these dumb fucks killed Castlevania, Silent Hill and now MGS.

jacobeid

Banned
Hmmm I think I'm going to bite the bullet and upgrade my PC this fall. I wonder if I should go for one now or wait until Black Friday....maybe later in the month and hope for a price match with my Discover Card later down the road.

Rodin

By chat too. First guy I talked too was a no go, second one was more understanding. Try again!

I asked twice and both guys told me that Nvidia does not give codes directly, but only retailers do. The online store where i bought the card will most definitely tell me to fuck off, so i guess i'm screwed lol

EDIT: the retailer told me to ask Nvidia. Nvidia told me again to ask the retailer.

Ilmyr

I used my code on the nvidia redeem site. Within the nvidia redeem process i had to sign in with my steam account to activate the code directly. It was successful, also got that confirmation mail.

Though the game does not appear in my steam library!
If i go the steam store page of MGS V The Phantom Pain, i cannot buy the game, because its is already in my library...

Anyone got the same problem?

Top Bottom