• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

gLH2oNI.jpg

Worth it for $1? I know the empty case is not sure if I need the rest though.

You get an artbook with the retail version? All for a $1? You already have more than what backers got.

Ecto311

You get an artbook with the retail version? All for a $1? You already have more than what backers got.

Ha shit what a disaster this thing was. I was going to back it when it was still going. Then I preordered the statue edition through amazon and the reviews started to hit so I returned that. Now I found this and come out in a decent spot it seems - still interested in the game but man what it could have been vs what it appears to be from reviews and videos is a bummer.

S1kkZ

so...when will they announce that the remaining rewards are cancelled? there is no way they will produce and ship all that stuff, right?

chrono01

so...when will they announce that the remaining rewards are cancelled? there is no way they will produce and ship all that stuff, right?
I'm still waiting on my:

- Signed Sketch
- Signed Artbook
- Physical NES USB Key
- Physical Famicon USB Key
- Physical NES Bow w/ Manual
- Physical Famicom Box w/ Manual

I don't expect to receive any of them. The amount of money I spent on this thing will haunt me until the day I die.

brau

So did people ever get their backer rewards? did the game release on all the platforms it was aiming to release on?

Intel_89

So did people ever get their backer rewards? did the game release on all the platforms it was aiming to release on?

3DS/Vita aren't out yet but have not been cancelled either.
I didn't back the project but bought a retail copy for PS4 and judging the game by itself I think it's pretty ok.

brau

-People are still waiting for rewards
-3DS and Vita versions are MIA

Thats interesting. Maybe it'll come to Switch instead.

Do they still have a line of communication with people? or they just never had one.

3DS/Vita aren't out yet but have not been cancelled either.
I didn't back the project but bought a retail copy for PS4 and judging the game by itself I think it's pretty ok.

Game looks underwhelming from what i saw. I was just curious if the rewards for the backers ended up being delivered, and if all the versions were completed. Seems like they have not, its been quite a long time.

Willenium

Man, this thread is a total bummer. I remember waaay back when people were voting on character concept art and everything about this game seemed cool. Pretty crazy how everything turned out terribly.

Did Kickstarter backers ever end up getting all their physical goodies at least? I mean, I probably wouldn't want anything in my house reminding me that I spent money on this, but it's the principle of the thing.

Bulzeeb

gLH2oNI.jpg

Worth it for $1? I know the empty case is not sure if I need the rest though.

as a Megaman fan, I say go or it, the game is bad but it is not sonic 2006 levels bad, also the game is super short on a basic play trough I finished in 2 afternoon so you can just play it as some kind of time waster, now that I think about, you could even try to use a trade in service at gamestop or best buy, who knows, you might get $2 usd for it.

Man, this thread is a total bummer. I remember waaay back when people were voting on character concept art and everything about this game seemed cool. Pretty crazy how everything turned out terribly.

Did Kickstarter backers ever end up getting all their physical goodies at least? I mean, I probably wouldn't want anything in my house reminding me that I spent money on this, but it's the principle of the thing.

not that I am aware of, I remember paying for the USB thing and I don't expect this to appear, also, any respect I might had for Inafune was gone and I don't think he will try any crowdfunding project any time soon (or ever again)

vid

Just to clarify, some of the backer rewards have been delivered. The shirts, plush, and posters were all sent out before the game's release. Additionally, they've shown footage previously of the signed sketches being produced, but I don't know if they were ever shipped. The remaining items are the physical game boxes (NES and Famicom style), the printed manual, the paperback and hardcover (signed) artbook, and the NES/Famicom shaped USB keys. (And of course, all of the digital content and in-game bonuses have also "shipped", but that's far less high profile.)

While all of the rewards haven't shipped yet, we're still a far cry from "NO REWARDS, WHAT A SCAM" - Also be aware that multiple game Kickstarters took a while to get all of their rewards shipped. A recent high profile example is Broken Age, Act 2 released in April of 2015 and backer rewards fulfillment didn't finish until December 2016.

It's easy for everyone to race to pile onto Mighty No. 9, but these things still take time. At the very least, it deserves better than "No rewards have shipped!"

Eusis

Just to clarify, some of the backer rewards have been delivered. The shirts, plush, and posters were all sent out before the game's release. Additionally, they've shown footage previously of the signed sketches being produced, but I don't know if they were ever shipped. The remaining items are the physical game boxes (NES and Famicom style), the printed manual, the paperback and hardcover (signed) artbook, and the NES/Famicom shaped USB keys. (And of course, all of the digital content and in-game bonuses have also "shipped", but that's far less high profile.)

While all of the rewards haven't shipped yet, we're still a far cry from "NO REWARDS, WHAT A SCAM" - Also be aware that multiple game Kickstarters took a while to get all of their rewards shipped. A recent high profile example is Broken Age, Act 2 released in April of 2015 and backer rewards fulfillment didn't finish until December 2016.

It's easy for everyone to race to pile onto Mighty No. 9, but these things still take time. At the very least, it deserves better than "No rewards have shipped!"
Then we need communication and ongoing activity. It's been radio silence far as I can tell and quite a few other Kickstarters did get stuff out sooner than later like Pillars of Eternity (novella aside for... some reason.)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Then we need communication and ongoing activity. It's been radio silence far as I can tell and quite a few other Kickstarters did get stuff out sooner than later like Pillars of Eternity (novella aside for... some reason.)

We need to somehow come together and create a campaign that might get their attention... somehow. I just want to get my stuff :/ I feel like if we don't make noise it'll just make it "ok" for Comcept to never finish the goods, or the ports that they are supposed to send out to other studios to do.

shaowebb

I'm still waiting on my:

- Signed Sketch
- Signed Artbook
- Physical NES USB Key

I don't expect to receive any of them. The amount of money I spent on this thing will haunt me until the day I die.

There really should be some sort of class action lawsuit over this sort of thing. Quality of title is always a dice roll with kickstarters and shouldn't be subject to lawsuit but if physical products were paid for and not delivered upon that is outright false advertisement and scamming.

bumpkin

I'm still waiting on my:

- Signed Sketch
- Signed Artbook
- Physical NES USB Key

I feel your pain. I'm still waiting on all of the above too. :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
There really should be some sort of class action lawsuit over this sort of thing. Quality of title is always a dice roll with kickstarters and shouldn't be subject to lawsuit but if physical products were paid for and not delivered upon that is outright false advertisement and scamming.

Is there any legalities against it? I feel like Kickstarter has some fine print in their policies says something basically like "this is a gamble, if the product doesn't happen etc., you aren't obligated to refunds". There's been other projects that people got entirely screwed on and got nothing out of it, as the company blew all their money and it didn't work out and such. Not to mention, business law varies from country to country, state to state, to really make a "lawsuit" as a whole. Global law is... tricky.

Us backers still waiting for our physical rewards. And those who backed for a Vita or 3DS release are shit out of luck. Inafune has yet to comment on those promised platforms.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I'm genuinely curious why Kotaku, Polygon or any other outlet hasn't investigated what the hell is going on.

What can *we* do here?

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm genuinely curious why Kotaku, Polygon or any other outlet hasn't investigated what the hell is going on.

What can *we* do here?

They haven't investigated because there's no real way to investigate Comcept; they're not going to find anyone to speak to on or off the record outside of official channels and Comcept's not going to talk until they feel like talking, which may never happen.

They can talk to partners like Fangamer or Engine Software but those companies will only divulge so much--if they know precisely why Comcept isn't moving forward with the promised rollout they sure as hell aren't going to talk about it until they're 100% positive they have nothing to lose, both legally and in terms of their own reputation.

They haven't investigated because there's no real way to investigate Comcept; they're not going to find anyone to speak to on or off the record outside of official channels and Comcept's not going to talk until they feel like talking, which may never happen.

They can talk to partners like Fangamer or Engine Software but those companies will only divulge so much--if they know precisely why Comcept isn't moving forward with the promised rollout they sure as hell aren't going to talk about it until they're 100% positive they have nothing to lose, both legally and in terms of their own reputation.

True, but they can make an article with all the facts to rise awareness on the matter, if the press start talking about it, maybe Comcept will be "forced" to release an statement, maybe I'm a little naive here but is better than nothing.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
True, but they can make an article with all the facts to rise awareness on the matter, if the press start talking about it, maybe Comcept will be "forced" to release an statement, maybe I'm a little naive here but is better than nothing.

This. The issue needs exposure, not necessarily someone to bring an answer to light. If a major outlet ran a headline, "What's going on with Mighty No. 9?", heads at Comcept will turn.

@MUWANdo

Banned

It's hard to keep people updated on a situation that isn't being updated, y'know? You can only run "Comcept: still MIA" every so often before people tune out or start complaining about clickbait or whatever, so you either time the status reports around milestones ("here's what has/hasn't changed in x months", etc) or you update each and every time there's new news, which may happen regularly or not at all.

Comcept will undoubtedly show up to at least one of the impending trade shows in some form--E3, Bitsummit, etc--and if they're still not talking after that, you'll probably start to see more MN9 "wtf is happening?" articles from bigger sites.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Is there any evidence that Comcept even still exists as a functioning entity?

Inafune (representing Comcept) was announced as one of the guest speakers at this week's Tokyo Sandbox conference but he's not listed on the site, perhaps he dropped out?

Red Ash still exists (or the anime does, at the very least) so I can only assume Comcept still exists in some form, if only to see that through to the end.

Is there any evidence that Comcept even still exists as a functioning entity?

I believe the mods in the Mighty No.9 forum can contact someone from the company, I guess they are still in business. The Mighty No.9 website domain expires on August 28, we will see what happens with that.

Trojan X

Banned
I'm still waiting on my:

- Signed Sketch
- Signed Artbook
- Physical NES USB Key

Disaster. An absolute disaster. I didn't back this game because I saw too many flaws and issues that given me massive doubt about the entire project. In your case, the fac the fact that you backed it along with perks that you will never receive is a crime that you cannot get any justice for. I'm sorry for I feel for you and others that are in the same situation, people that paid money out of faith and hope but will get nothing in return.

Disaster...

Beartruck

Development on portable versions was delayed until last month? The game came out in june of last year! What the hell were they doing for 11 months?!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Development on portable versions was delayed until last month? The game came out in june of last year! What the hell were they doing for 11 months?!

Throwing backer money in the air?

I'm just glad that I can (soon) cross off the physical goods off my list of things needing to ship... It's only been 6 years!! (Actually, they went by VERY FAST for me).

Top Bottom