• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

DirtyLarry

So I just got this game on the PS4 thanks to GameFly, checked it out yesterday, and either my reflexes are just not what they used to be and/or I just do not have the patience that I once had and/or it is just pretty damn challenging, but I played for about an hour and never even got to see the boss battle for No 1. I just did not have the patience.

So I just got this game on the PS4 thanks to GameFly, checked it out yesterday, and either my reflexes are just not what they used to be and/or I just do not have the patience that I once had and/or it is just pretty damn challenging, but I played for about an hour and never even got to see the boss battle for No 1. I just did not have the patience.

1's level is a pain in the ass, try 2-6's levels instead and you'll probably have better luck. 7 can be a bit tough and 8 is just annoying (no checkpoints) so I'd not recommend tackling them first.

RiggyRob

You can change the number of lives you have from 2 to 9 in the game options - also, you don't have to kill every enemy, dashing past them is enough.

I noticed that the game is $19.99 at Best Buy this week ($15.99 with GCU). I think I'm going to pick it up. I can't decided on XB1 or PS4. Other than cross-buy, are there any differences between the two?

I noticed that the game is $19.99 at Best Buy this week ($15.99 with GCU). I think I'm going to pick it up. I can't decided on XB1 or PS4. Other than cross-buy, are there any differences between the two?

I think the PS4 might have an oh so small advantage frame rate wise on a couple of stages (might be worth checking the Digital Foundry comparison to be sure). Otherwise no real difference that I've heard.

RedToad64

I played the demo on XBLA (which I didn't even know existed) yesterday. The game seems to be better than what I was lead to believe, but yet it is totally not worth twenty bucks. I can see it dropping further in price very soon.

molnizzle

How do I get in touch with Comcept support? I never received a Steam key for the game even though I backed on Kickstarter. I never did the platform survey or anything because I'm a normal human who doesn't keep track of stuff like this after I've backed. Humble resender doesn't send me anything related to Mighty No. 9. I've send a few messages on Kickstarter and never gotten a response.

I know the game sucks, but shit, I gave them $20. I want my key.

Guys, any word on the backer swag we were promised? I backed for $60 for an instruction booklet and a retro empty box. I haven't heard a word about it and I've been patient. I realized they were up to their nose trying to launch this game but it's been more than a month. Talk to us, Comcept. I don't need this now. I just want to know its coming.

Guys, any word on the backer swag we were promised? I backed for $60 for an instruction booklet and a retro empty box. I haven't heard a word about it and I've been patient. I realized they were up to their nose trying to launch this game but it's been more than a month. Talk to us, Comcept. I don't need this now. I just want to know its coming.

End of the year they said.

Opa-Pa

End of the year they said.
Ugh I was wondering too. Thanks.

How do I get in touch with Comcept support? I never received a Steam key for the game even though I backed on Kickstarter. I never did the platform survey or anything because I'm a normal human who doesn't keep track of stuff like this after I've backed. Humble resender doesn't send me anything related to Mighty No. 9. I've send a few messages on Kickstarter and never gotten a response.

I know the game sucks, but shit, I gave them $20. I want my key.

I sent them a mail a couple of years ago to solve some KS issue and they were fairly quick to reply: mightyno9@comcept.jp

Also to other backers: It looks like the soundtrack has been avaible on Humble for like a month now (never got a mail about it or anything!), although obviously it's just a mess of files, only like three songs are tagged, and it has less songs than the commercial release in Japan. Pretty fitting.

fernoca

PS4 version does offer better value mostly because of cross-buy, but also at the moment you also unlock a digital PS4 copy; so you don't need the disc at all.

End of the year?

They delayed the game twice and they can't even get the Kickstarter rewards in the same half of the year it came out in?

Found the quote, is not an official statment just the response a backer got from Fangamer.

fangamer wrote:
"Sorry for the delay! Comcept has been focused on releasing the game, but now that it’s out they’ll be able to turn their attention to the assets we need to produce the merchandise. We expect to have rewards shipped out sometime this fall."

So figured I ought to redeem this before I totally forget, for some reason though it's only showing the PS3 version or the DLC, no PS4 option?

aHAK6UB.png

Finally got around to playing this

Some parts are challenging, didn't need to switch weapons at all except for the robot boss battles

I'm going to try and finish the "Wily's castle" type levels tomorrow

I'm very glad I only paid 25ish dollars for this

chrono01

Every time this thread is bumped, I'm reminded that I still haven't received a large number of my physical backer rewards. They haven't sent any emails for multiple months (like, 9+) updating me on it either. :/

I don't even care anymore, I just want what I paid for.

RM8

And I just wish I could play this game, you know? I wouldn't be surprised if they just cancel the 3DS version, but then I want a Steam key in exchange :(

RiggyRob

Every time this thread is bumped, I'm reminded that I still haven't received a large number of my physical backer rewards. They haven't sent any emails for multiple months (like, 9+) updating me on it either. :/

I don't even care anymore, I just want what I paid for.

It's worth emailing Fangamer just to see if they've got anything new to say, but they kept saying to me they're dependent on Comcept for dates of rewards.

'Before the end of the year' is the best I've heard.

RoeBear

Well after getting the harder trophies for the ps3 I've found out the platinum is unobtainable. The fine pay trophy for the prison boss on ps3 is bugged, and it seems to be based off region versions. This will probably stay bugged forever along with the poor frame rate.

Intel_89

Sooooooooo has the game been improved in any way since launch? Any patches or stuff like that? The game is on sale @amazon.it anda I'm on the fence about picking this up as a Mega Man fan.

fernoca

Outside the patches close to launch, nothing new since.

But $15 is a good price, especially the PS4 version since you also get a digital copy of it (PS3 and a possible Vita version too) along the DLC and the booklet/poster are cool.

Bulzeeb

Sooooooooo has the game been improved in any way since launch? Any patches or stuff like that? The game is on sale @amazon.it anda I'm on the fence about picking this up as a Mega Man fan.

I dont remember any patch on the PC version, however, as someone who paid $15 for the kickstarter, I think you are better of waiting for a sub $10 price

Will all the bad press that went on this game, this should be a Game with Gold or PSN + game. Try to get your games before the eyes of more gamers.

Homefront Revolution should also do this.

I don't believe this game is the dumpster fire people made it out to be.

steveovig

I just bought the Wii U version today and I kinda like it. I wasn't expecting a GOTY, so that probably helps. Some parts of the levels are really annoying but others really shine. I thought it wasn't going to be like a MM title and it would be more about chaining and scoring but to me, it feels like a decent MM clone. I'm not worrying about chaining too much but it can be fun. IMO, it is somewhat similar to Sonic Lost World, in that some parts of it are really cool and fun but some parts are janky as can be. Oh yea, and the game is butt ugly but whatever.

Anyone have any idea how well this game has sold so far?

steveovig

I've been playing it the last two days, and I think I've done a 180 on the whole thing. The level design is a huge let-down. I can deal with the bad visuals but some of these levels are rancid, like the Mine or the Capitol Building one with no checkpoints. I went into the latter thinking it wouldn't be as bad as people had said but I was wrong. I proceeded to try two or three times, and dying all times, and I gave up.

I managed to beat 3 bosses but altogether I don't find this game too appealing anymore. The controls can be wonky, at times, and the level design can be atrocious. I think the character design is nice and charming though. The core gameplay is there but it just has too many problems for me to keep up with it. I've already switched it back out for The Last Story in my Wii-U.

fernoca

Wait, the 3DS version never came out? I thought that's why this game was delayed so many times and the other versions look like dog shit.
3DS and Vita versions started development after the others were finished and by a different team. The delay was because the publishers wanted the online mode day one on all versions rather than patched later.

schaft0620

I got a physical from Best Buy for $8 (PS4) and it came with a poster, DLC and digital copies of the game on PS3 and Vita. Backers are STILL waiting?

RiggyRob

I got a physical from Best Buy for $8 (PS4) and it came with a poster, DLC and digital copies of the game on PS3 and Vita. Backers are STILL waiting?

The physical rewards being the boxes and artbook/strategy guide - the posters, t-shirts and plush toys got sent out ages ago.

Opa-Pa

The other physical goodies were promised to be delivered "sometime after the game releases" from the start, so sadly they could even extend it until after the handheld versions come out, I mean it's Comceot after all.

Intel_89

I started playing it last night on PS4, so far I'm having a blast with it. The only real problem so far was the ice bit in the water level where the framerate was all over the place. The game feels pretty good, it's also hard as nails. I can see why people got disapointed with it but since I wasn't nearly as invested in the kickstarter campaign as some other people I'm more lenient towards not tearing the game a new one.

I certainly think its worth it for that price, I ended up really enjoying the game despite its shortcomings. Plus at least now with the PS4 Pro boost mode option the game actually runs without any noticeable frame rate drops that I could notice - I replayed Mighty No 2's and 7's levels and they run perfectly now, as opposed to before where frame rate drops were plentiful (especially on 2's stage).

Top Bottom