• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos, Frequent Defender of Pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf... why would you assume he's secretly trans?

I'm not. I was just going by the pattern of homophobes who end up being gay themselves. I'm trying to wrap my mind around why this shitbag, who happens to be gay, is dumping on the transgender community, who like gay people are marginalized to a great extent. I'm not saying that proof positive he's secretly trans, but it's a real fucked up cycle of self loathing, crapping on another demographic with the confidant assumption that none of this shit will backfire on you one day. Someone compared him to a modern day Ernst Rohm. I tend to agree. And if CPAC is hesitant to drop this guy if the allegations of him advocating pedophilia turns out to be true, well, I don't know what to say.

ViviOggi

Also GAF we're better than equating pedophilia with child molestation. Pedophilia is a horrible disorder and non-criminals suffering from it should be met with at least a sliver of empathy and viable avenues to get professional help, not stigma.

In the context of the thread M*lo is literally advocating for the "benefits" of child molestation

Acorn

Also GAF we're better than equating pedophilia with child molestation. Pedophilia is a horrible disorder and non-criminals suffering from it should be met with at least a sliver of empathy and viable avenues to get professional help, not stigma.

In the context of the thread Milo is literally advocating for child molestation.

I'm not sure how that is pertinent to this thread. What he is advocating for is child molestation.

Ah just caught the edit.

Brakke

Banned

In the context of the thread M*lo is literally advocating for the "benefits" of child molestation

We've had the pedophilia vs "pederasty" or whatever conversation plenty of times. In the videos, Milo is specifically standing tall for the value of grown men having sexual relationships with young boys, so there's no nuance getting lost in the shuffle here.

We've had the pedophilia vs "pederasty" or whatever conversation plenty of times. In the videos, Milo is specifically standing tall for the value of grown men having sexual relationships with young boys, so there's no nuance getting lost in the shuffle here.

So, does anyone ultimately think this will have teeth to it, or will he successfully deflect and claim that he said all this to be edgy? Is there any precedence in the conservosphere that has given advocacy for pedophilia a pass? Misogyny, sectarianism, and racism seem a-ok to them, so I wouldn't put it past them.

I've never placed my personal information on the internet. I don't have a facebook account. If someone had an axe to grind with me, what means would they have of doxing me for the purpose of harassing me?

Have immigrants and transgender people begun taking more precautionary tactics in light of these incidents?

I've decided to stay in the closet for the immediate future. But that has to do with career reasons, not Milo.

edit: Also, as a gay man, why would he of all people take it upon himself to wage a personal vendetta against transgender people? It makes no sense. You hear stories about gay bashers turning out to be gay themselves, so what's at play for Milo. Is it possible he's being this douchey agent provocateur in order to tap into a lucrative vein so that he can one day afford a sex change operation? Sorry if I seem crass, but I'm using the Larry Craig incident as my frame of reference here.

He definitely isn't trans. If you followed Milo at all you would know that the one group he loves to hate on more than trans women is cis women. Being anti-feminism is basically his #1 thing.

Ratrat

He definitely isn't trans. If you followed Milo at all you would know that the one group he loves to hate on more than trans women is cis women. Being anti-feminism is basically his #1 thing.
Honestly, he's pretty much a homophobe too. He was against gay marriage and is catholic.

Honestly, he's pretty much a homophobe too. He was against gay marriage and is catholic.

Oh he's absolutely homophobic, and racist, and anti-Semitic. He checks the box on pretty much every kind of bigotry there is.

I'm just saying that feminism and women in general is what he rails against the most. Which makes sense because his fanbase is a bunch of sexually repressed losers who hate women because of their inability to get laid.

Oh he's absolutely homophobic, and racist, and anti-Semitic. He checks the box on pretty much every kind of bigotry there is.

I'm just saying that feminism and women in general is what he rails against the most. Which makes sense because his fanbase is a bunch of sexually repressed losers who hate women because of their inability to get laid.
Exactly. He not only seems to be all that but he also genuinely despises women in general in every sense of the word.

Exactly. He not only seems to be all that but he also genuinely despises women in general in every sense of the word.

I haven't had cable tv in years, so my knowledge of this guy comes mainly from articles from Rolling Stone and NYT.

Personally, I can't sit through conservative polemicists on television such as Ann Coulter or Laura Ingram. I imagine I'd get that same sickening feeling by watching this dude pontificate on television a well. What I hear and read of him, as well as his own quotes are basically what I know of him.

I haven't had cable tv in years, so my knowledge of this guy comes mainly from articles from Rolling Stone and NYT.

Personally, I can't sit through conservative polemicists on television such as Ann Coulter or Laura Ingram. I imagine I'd get that same sickening feeling by watching this dude pontificate on television a well. What I hear and read of him, as well as his own quotes are basically what I know of him.

He's literally the gay male version of Coulter. Like 100%.

He's literally the gay male version of Coulter. Like 100%.

He sounds like he plays into every cliched negative stereotype that the general population perceived of the gay man back in the 1950's, or the degenerate inverse of the gay male BFF, to allude to a poster's special mention of his misogyny. For a movement that worships the cult of masculinity, it's hard to reconcile them embracing what amounts to a mincing, self absorbed caricature, unless it's because they relish the irony of utilizing him as this tool to inflict on progressives, or more succinctly, the gay male progressive, who has taken great pains to divorce themselves from the type of slandering caricature that Milo represents.

So...he's saying he doesn't defend pedophilia by arbitrarily changing what counts and doesn't count as pedophilia in certain cases that he arbitrarily considers to be special? Is this seriously the stance he's pushing here??

Jackpot

Banned
05d.jpg

ha. I understood that reference.

Bastables

Why people feed the troll is beyond me.
As a child I remember a story about the mythological Norwegian creature the troll, that lived under a bridge halting goats to eat as the goats attempt to cross the bridge in order to gain access to a meadow . The first two crossed the bridge by arguing the troll should wait for the next larger goat to eat, finally the last and largest goat attempts to cross and headbuts the troll off the bridge.

The lesson did not seem to be ignore mythological creature as unreal, but instead trick it into a situation where a larger more powerful goat can give him a final cumuppance.

Cyframe

I'm not. I was just going by the pattern of homophobes who end up being gay themselves. I'm trying to wrap my mind around why this shitbag, who happens to be gay, is dumping on the transgender community, who like gay people are marginalized to a great extent. I'm not saying that proof positive he's secretly trans, but it's a real fucked up cycle of self loathing, crapping on another demographic with the confidant assumption that none of this shit will backfire on you one day. Someone compared him to a modern day Ernst Rohm. I tend to agree. And if CPAC is hesitant to drop this guy if the allegations of him advocating pedophilia turns out to be true, well, I don't know what to say.

Homophobia and transphobia are not one on the same. One can be gay and transphobic. Just like a person can be white and gay and racist. It's pretty common despite being marginalized on one axis. Being marginalized doesn't mean a person can empathize with other minorities or understand their struggle. Sometimes they even think their marginalization gives them a pass to speak on issues of racism as if they personally experience things like anti-blackness when they don't.

Regarding this subject matter, I'm disgusted, and I hope anything and everything comes to light regarding someone who discounts and imo advocates for pedophilia and telling young kids to seek out essentially adult predators.

SerTapTap

Funny to see pizzagators totally okay worth pedophilia now. It's almost like it WASN'T done out of genuine concern for the children.

I'd hope this sinks him but these people are so genuinely disgusting I don't think there's anything any of them could do to get rejected by their own vile kind.

So...he's saying he doesn't defend pedophilia by arbitrarily changing what counts and doesn't count as pedophilia in certain cases that he arbitrarily considers to be special? Is this seriously the stance he's pushing here??
When people start going into semantics about the term, and start discussing hebephilia (11-14) or ephebophilia (15-19), it's time to be really suspicious of what they're trying to normalise and it's all still sex with minors by older people.

Milo literally is the cartoonishly evil version of gay people that only exist in the minds of bigots cept for real.

He makes me wanna choke him both as a decent human being with morals and as a gay man who hates what he's doing to our community. Purposefully.

I'm in the same boat. This piece of shit has caused so much damage with the crap he spills constantly.

Cyframe

When people start going into semantics about the term, and start discussing hebephilia (11-14) or ephebophilia (15-19), it's time to be really suspicious of what they're trying to normalise and it's all still sex with minors by older people.

Absolutely.

Sou Da

Just out of curiousity Mess, you are a Muslim, is that correct? Well didn't the prophet Muhammed enter into marriage with a 7 year old? Do you yourself condemn that behaviour as well?

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam_and_Pedophilia

Can you state the inaccuracies in that for me please if there is any?^

If you do condemn it then why are you a follower of Islam? I mean every argument I have seen lately involves 'If you agree with (insert person here) and some of their beliefs are disagreeable to the group think then you must be guilty by association' does this pattern of thinking follow in this instance as well?

Or is this different?

And before I get dogpiled, let me just say, it's the hypocrisy that bothers me here and religion is an ideology, it's free to be criticised, unless of course criticising ideas is outlawed now?

It sounds to me as well that Milo may have faced abuse himself at a young age, hence why he is trying to normalize it, sadly these things are commonplace in the world and in all religion where it is easy to hide behind faith to justify horrible behaviour.

I find it morally wrong that Milo is justifying this but I am also questioning WHY he is.

"Just asking questions"

Then PM them instead of transparently trying to make a public show of it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Why should I have to PM? It's in relation to the topic.
Mess's religion literally has nothing to do with the topic.

EDIT:OH COME THE FUCK ON, you were one of those people in that other Milo thread saying that "intelligent debate" is how we stop people like Milo. Along with debating the semantics of whether or not nazi is an appropriate term for Milo. Nowhere to be found after it turned out that hey, giving hatred a platform doesn't make it go away and that Bill Maher made things worse by letting transphobic shit be spewed on his channel. -______-

Sou Da

Why should I have to PM? It's in relation to the topic, I am not making a "public show of it" it' s a forum with open discourse, just because it might make you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed.

Barely. But I'll let Mess deal with it themselves instead of de-railing.

Don't fucking play dumb with me by the way, it's insulting. You know exactly what you're doing.

Sou Da

Yes, I know what I am doing, calling out hypocrisy when I see it, that much is evident, I even said so in what I wrote.

Why? The topic is Milo (wrongly) defending Pedophilia, Mess follows Islam, I have always taken issue with the issue Pedophilia within Islam and as an individual who follows Islam and his criticism of pedophilia here I wish to know his stance on it.

That's really not hard to understand, is it?

Then do it in a PM. This isn't a catch-all Pedophilia thread. Again, you know exactly what you're doing and it isn't "calling out hypocrisy" as you wish to frame it.

Ratrat

Has anything happened yet? It seems he's being completely snubbed by conservatives now. Whether the alt-right will have him is questionable. I feel like America is way less tolerant of these kind of views than Europe. He's finished isn't he?

Yes, I know what I am doing, calling out hypocrisy when I see it, that much is evident, I even said so in what I wrote.

Here's a post about you agreeing with Richard Dawkins, who once defended pedophilia.

You have no problem with this being brought up, right? Since this forum encourages any and all avenues of discussion apparently, regardless of how relevant it is to the topic at hand?

Play the victim? This is a fact, this forum encourages discourse, it's literally on the front page and has always been the case since I have been a member, it's only been in recent times that it's looked down upon by groups of individuals who want to try and censor conversations.

I am not playing a victim, you wish to make it look that way so I can fall victim to a dogpile though, that much is evident.

You most certainly are, only you're being disingenuous about it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Gross as fuck.
It really is.
Why? The topic is Milo (wrongly) defending Pedophilia
So discuss this specifically.

Because this:

Mess follows Islam
Is literally irrelevant. If you wish to be more relevant, you should probably admit how fucking wrong you were about how good of an idea it is to have "an intelligent debate" with neo-nazis.

As someone who was molested as a young boy, I feel sorry for Milo if that is something that happened to him. But I hold a very, very special hatred for him for parroting and normalizing the same fucked up rationalization that many adult men use to excuse forcing themselves on young boys. That, "I'll help you understand these feelings," "don't worry, this is only because we're really close," bullshit is out of the standard sexual abusers playbook. And no, that shit is not comforting. No, that shit does not make you feel loved. It makes you feel frightened within an inch of your life.

Milo deserves a good elbow to his fucking throat for that.

I am sorry that happened to you. Damn. :(

So you have taken a post of mine, agreeing with him about something completely unrelated and then used it as a way to say that I agree with him on his view about pedophilia?

I have already condemned Milo for his views on it, so why would I agree with Dawkins on it?

No I do not agree with him on that, also, I love how you framed what I said in the manner to which it seems like I was agreeing with the article.

The irony of you calling ME disingenuous after what you have just done is not lost on me.

Read the post again - I didn't say you agreed with him on pedophilia. You can even easily see in the linked post that you're not talking about that.

I said you once agreed with him and brought up the pedophilia connection so as to show how hypocritical you're being with Mess by saying that, since Mess is a Muslim, surely he must agree with every single thing in the Quran. And if you're applying that standard to Mess, surely you're fine with it being applied to you - or not. Maybe I should have been more clear, but my point still stands.

Sou Da

So you have taken a post of mine, agreeing with him about something completely unrelated and then used it as a way to say that I agree with him on his view about pedophilia?

I have already condemned Milo for his views on it, so why would I agree with Dawkins on it?

No I do not agree with him on that, also, I love how you framed what I said in the manner to which it seems like I was agreeing with the article.

The irony of you calling ME disingenuous after what you have just done is not lost on me.

So for some fucking reason you know Mess well enough to know that he's Muslim and you assumed he was fine with pedophilia until this specific post he made?

Like, I'm really trying to understand how this isn't just you attempting to both attack Mess' religious beliefs and trying to shift attention away from Milo's pedophilia defense.

Zen Aku

PhilOsophy what the hell are you doing man?

I don't think calling Mess out on his religion on public forum is the right thing. I'm a Christian but it doesn't mean I believe gay people are a sin. If you wanted to ask him something like that a PM would have been much better if understanding is what you seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom