• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos, Frequent Defender of Pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanashrew

Banned
I'm reading this thread and I see the term "doxxed". It sounds like a medical vaccine, or intentionally spreading an STD. A clarification would be appreciated.

Illegally getting personal information like your home address, work place, phone numbers, and publishing them online to send people after you.

Illegally getting personal information like your home address, work place, phone numbers, and publishing them online to send people after you.

I've never placed my personal information on the internet. I don't have a facebook account. If someone had an axe to grind with me, what means would they have of doxing me for the purpose of harassing me?

Have immigrants and transgender people begun taking more precautionary tactics in light of these incidents?

edit: Also, as a gay man, why would he of all people take it upon himself to wage a personal vendetta against transgender people? It makes no sense. You hear stories about gay bashers turning out to be gay themselves, so what's at play for Milo. Is it possible he's being this douchey agent provocateur in order to tap into a lucrative vein so that he can one day afford a sex change operation? Sorry if I seem crass, but I'm using the Larry Craig incident as my frame of reference here.

karasu

I totally disagree.

If you tweet something inflammatory, and nobody replies, then you aren't heard.

If you tweet out something inflammatory, and 10 people agree with you, then you've been heard a bit.

If you tweet out something inflammatory, and 10 people agree with you, and 1000 people disagree, and reply and retweet to show their disapproval, and write articles about how wrong you are, well, they've just magnified the initial voice far beyond anything it ever would have/should have been. And that's when the real crazies catch wind of it, and others will back it just to contradict people they are used to disagreeing with because they have seen how much it riles them up.

I think there are certain people who should be put under a microscope, and these are people in positions of power who have the legal ability to make decisions about how society runs.

But this guy, he's just an attention whore. The more people talk about him the more his message spreads like an annoying plague.

I think he should be ignored, and I think the world would be a better place if people put half as much energy into spreading the word of well-meaning, educated people, instead of drawing everyone's attention to someone they disagree with. I think the same mentality is what ultimately got Trump elected.

My suggestion (to everyone) is, next time you see someone say something stupid, go find someone who said something smart and give them praise and feedback and retweets and likes and follows. Imagine checking social media and it was filled with quotes from smart people. The stupids should be buried under it, but we fail to allow this to happen.

He became huge well before people started speaking out against him. While we weren't paying attention he has amassed a huge following. You don't ignore problems to make them go away. That's just silly. That's the very definition of evil winning because good people are doing nothing.

Nanashrew

Banned
I've never placed my personal information on the internet. I don't have a facebook account. If someone had an axe to grind with me, what means would they have of doxing me for the purpose of harassing me?

Have immigrants and transgender people begun taking more precautionary tactics in light of these incidents?

edit: Also, as a gay man, why would he of all people take it upon himself to wage a personal vendetta against transgender people? It makes no sense. You hear stories about gay bashers turning out to be gay themselves, so what's at play for Milo. Is it possible he's being an agent provocateur in order to tap into a lucrative vein so that he can one day afford a sex change operation? Sorry if I seem crass, but I'm using the Larry Craig incident as my frame of reference.

He's joked a number of times that he wishes he could be turned straight.

But I don't even think all your info online. If they can find a way to identify you like a name, they will dig into that. It's a witch hunt essentially.

edit: Also, as a gay man, why would he of all people take it upon himself to wage a personal vendetta against transgender people? It makes no sense. You hear stories about gay bashers turning out to be gay themselves, so what's at play for Milo. Is it possible he's being this douchey agent provocateur in order to tap into a lucrative vein so that he can one day afford a sex change operation? Sorry if I seem crass, but I'm using the Larry Craig incident as my frame of reference here.
WTF.

I'm assuming you're just a shitty troll, but in case you're genuine: there are most certainly transphobic LGB people. Just because they're lumped into the same acronym doesn't mean every gay person is supportive of trans people. This is an offensive speculation tbh.

Here's his full "explanation":

Wouldn't be surprised if Milo ends up being a Max Clifford-type.

Clifford was a British publicist that always sat on a high horse while releasing information to the press of people he deemed undesirable. He was recently sent to prison for sexually abusing women as young as 13.

BigDes

You'd honestly be surprised at how much of your personal info is out there and these shitstains don't need very much in order to find you and make your life hell.

As for the last, no, Milo is just a vicious shitheel.

Breads

Banned

Okay now we're just doing the worn out just asking questions song and dance. What is doxing. Why would he do this. etc etc etc...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
WTF.

I'm assuming you're just a shitty troll, but in case you're genuine: there are most certainly transphobic LGB people. Just because they're lumped into the same acronym doesn't mean every gay person is supportive of trans people. This is an offensive speculation tbh.

For the record, he's pretty openly anti-LGB too, despite acknowledging it's not a choice and that he's gay himself, as I quoted earlier here.

Milo Yiannopoulos said:
I think that gay marriage is another one of those things that helps to reinforce to people that it is a perfectly acceptable, normal, possibly even desirable lifestyle choice and I don’t believe that.

Got

Banned
Okay now we're just doing the worn out just asking questions song and dance. What is doxing. Why would he do this. etc etc etc...

I mean, check the post history. It's like reading a who's who of "what is this?" and "have we thought of it this way yet?"

WTF.

I always assumed that there was an unspoken measure of solidarity among the LGBT community, given what I've been exposed to in the media. Yeah, I'm sure there's some degree of ambivalence about the notion of what it means to be transgender among gay people, but this Yiannopoulos character takes his vendetta to Roy Cohn levels of infamy -- almost as if he's been slighted by transgender people in general. I had no idea about him outing transgender college students -- one to the point where they ended up dropping out. I'm aware of the outing of immigrants though. Shitty all the way through.

Zakalwe

Banned
I totally disagree.

If you tweet out something inflammatory, and 10 people agree with you, then you've been heard a bit.

If you tweet out something inflammatory, and 10 people agree with you, and 1000 people disagree, and reply and retweet to show their disapproval, and write articles about how wrong you are, well, they've just magnified the initial voice far beyond anything it ever would have/should have been. And that's when the real crazies catch wind of it, and others will back it just to contradict people they are used to disagreeing with because they have seen how much it riles them up.

I think there are certain people who should be put under a microscope, and these are people in positions of power who have the legal ability to make decisions about how society runs.

But this guy, he's just an attention whore. The more people talk about him the more his message spreads like an annoying plague.

I think he should be ignored, and I think the world would be a better place if people put half as much energy into spreading the word of well-meaning, educated people, instead of drawing everyone's attention to someone they disagree with. I think the same mentality is what ultimately got Trump elected.

My suggestion (to everyone) is, next time you see someone say something stupid, go find someone who said something smart and give them praise and feedback and retweets and likes and follows. Imagine checking social media and it was filled with quotes from smart people. The stupids should be buried under it, but we fail to allow this to happen.

You don't ignore a weird lump on your skin, you get it diagnosed and take appropriate action.

Milo needs to be focused on. There's no way the mainstream right will back him up once his vile shit becomes prominent, and when they start denouncing him in numbers he'll lose a lot of perceived credibility and find himself slumming it back to the fringes of the shit-web.

Fucker needs to be taken out pro-actively.

Dylan

You don't ignore a weird lump on your skin, you get it diagnosed and take appropriate action.

Milo needs to be focused on. There's no way the mainstream right will back him up once his vile shit becomes prominent, and when they start denouncing him in numbers he'll lose a lot of perceived credibility and find himself slumming it back to the fringes of the shit-web.

Fucker needs to be taken out pro-actively.

OK but how do you "take out" someone you don't agree with?

The people who supported him all along aren't going to change their minds because a lot of people on the internet tell them they're wrong.

What needs to happen is someone smarter and more sensible be given the spotlight, and then the Milo people can choose between the two, and they can decide for themselves.

I think, in general, attention needs to be shifted away, not towards, idiocy.

I totally disagree.

Your viewpoints are not based on reality but rather an utopia that doesn't exist outside of your mind.

Here in the real world, you can't ignore an cancer. You can't ignore a cockroach infestation. You can't ignore fascism. (if I have to explain why then you guys are hopelessly lost)

RM8

So it took defending child molestation for this pathetic little cunt to be questioned by society at large, fuckin A
I doubt this will affect him that much. If people are okay with what he has said before, I don't see why this would be different.

Zakalwe

Banned
OK but how do you "take out" someone you don't agree with? The people who supported him all along aren't going to change their minds because a lot of people on the internet tell them they're wrong.

The answers right there in the post you quoted.

---

What needs to happen is someone smarter and more sensible be given the spotlight, and then the Milo people can choose between the two, and they can decide for themselves.

I think, in general, attention needs to be shifted away, not towards, idiocy.

No, we just collectively tell him to fuck off. And the right are joining in now so it won't be long.

Spladam

As someone who admits to hurting and harassing people for fun you'd think he'd be happy

Has Milo ever been seen eating pizza before? No evidence this story is true.
GAF never fails to get me laughing. I love the humor around here.

This is not the end of this Jack-Ass, I see a lot of people here suggesting he's done. He wants attention, and he's getting it, and the folks that support him do that out of mutual feelings of hate and insecurity, and those bonds, as fellow marginalized victims in a PC society, are much stronger than any detest they might feel at some of his statements.

At least we saw him get triggered, man did he get triggered.

Zakalwe

Banned
I doubt this will affect him that much. If people are okay with what he has said before, I don't see why this would be different.

It's different because now he's seeping onto the mainstream stage he's being scrutinised by the mainstream. Before he was a fringe radical that could be ignored by the right. He had benefits (rallying the alt) but no ties to them directly.

They could denounce him and gain from him at once.

Now he's in the limelight though, they /have/ to denounce him. This shit won't fly with too many of their voters, plus the fact that many of them will actually find his schitck disgusting.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
What an absolute shit of a human being.

Hopefully this destroys the career in the public eye that he's been building.

Frankly I don't see any college campuses letting him come speak when this really hits the fan.

You have far too much faith in College Republican groups.

Also, the majority of elected GOP officials had no issues whatsoever defending Dennis Hastert, an actual pedophile and child molester. Pedophilia and child abuse are fair game to the GOP.

Zakalwe

Banned

Also, the majority of actually elected GOP had no issues whatsoever defending Dennis Hastert, an actual pedophile and child molester. Pedophilia and child abuse are fair game to the GOP.

Was that dude actually advocating it in public though? I just can't see how they could support that.

BigDes

Also, the majority of elected GOP officials had no issues whatsoever defending Dennis Hastert, an actual pedophile and child molester. Pedophilia and child abuse are fair game to the GOP.

Indeed, whenever you start to think the GOP or Republicans in general might show some integrity and spine remember

"but her emails"

Foffy

Banned
Was that dude actually advocating it in public though? I just can't see how they could support that.

In this culture? They'd probably accept his stance...

I mean, these are the same people who believe in a fake theological philosophy, use it as a weapon, and literally ignore any of its significant teachings when looking at the President of the United States.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes. We have the tapes. Not sure what distinction you're looking for but if this is the line people are going to argue about then I think the accusation is in good shape.

No, I mean was he actually saying "I support this" in public.

Having evidence is something they've been able to brush over for years, they have it down to an art, but someone actually standing up saying "Pedophillia is ok!"?

This is something else.

Breads

Banned
Why people feed the troll is beyond me.

The troll has already been fed. He is mainstream now. People need to move beyond this talking point and address the public figure that he is.

:edit:

I'm dumb don't listen to me. You were talking about someone else.

Is it something else? I'm willing to argue that it isn't and this indeed is him saying in public that he supports this. Again - we have the tapes. And by tapes I mean podcast episodes readily available to everyone. The question of whether or not it is public enough is really bizarre.

He's talking about Hastert, not Milo.

Dennis Hastert is the former speaker of the house who was outed as a pedophile who sexually molested (at least) 3 boys, and no elected GOPer was willing to condemn him. Severely even staunchly defended him.

Wtf... why would you assume he's secretly trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom