• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia I |OT| Why is it so small?

cabot

Interesting, since Ty definitely did a soft confirmation with this reply to Yeeny.

When I said both I meant that both 2T and 0T give the same setup.

Isn't it enough for me to claim once?

This isn't me misinterpreting. Yeeny took it as the same:

ohhhh okay. gotchu. thanks :>

oh ok, so it's legit. that's fine. thankie :> :>

So please don't lie to me.

I re-read your statement. I thought you meant I was going to switch to Ty before day end. I went for Ty for something he said near the end of the day yesterday.

Sorian

Banned
why do you townread Ty, Sorian?

Going from DP, Ty is a lot more awkward when he is scum, he plays close to the chest and isn't sure how to interact, especially with teammates. I don't see any of that shyness here with anyone. He's always generally sketchy when he is town, I spent like 75% of night vale mildly panicking that I invited scum to my gossip chat because Ty4on would look good behind closed doors with just me but then in the thread, he kept making very questionable votes and choices.

Sorian

Banned
Interesting, since Ty definitely did a soft confirmation with this reply to Yeeny.

This isn't me misinterpreting. Yeeny took it as the same:

So please don't lie to me.

I re-read your statement. I thought you meant I was going to switch to Ty before day end. I went for Ty for something he said near the end of the day yesterday.

And sure, fair, the fact that he refused to give a straight answer and instead let you all assume should have been the tell though.

Timeaisis

cabot (0)
sorian 821 (882)
ty4on 861 (883)

ty4on (0)
cabot 836 (843)
cabot 843 (868)
cabot 868 (1012)

melonrabbit (8)
yesnononoyes 881
sorian 882
ty4on 883
fireblend 887
*splinter 891
kawl_usc 902
stanleypalmtree 1005
cabot 1012

yesnononoyes (0)
melonrabbit 909 (950)

sorian (1)
melonrabbit 950

DAY 3 WILL END:
red_1469912400.png

IMPORTANT POSTS:
OP
LINKS AND CURRENT COUNTDOWN
D1 Start
D1 Final Vote Count / Flip
D2 Start
D2 Final Vote Count / Flip
D3 Start

What's left to say?

Not much really. I've given you my read on things. I will emphasize that for the benefit of the town you take what I say about SK seriously. If not, that one is you.

((I had fun y'all~ see you in another game. I respect your game YNNY o7))

Fireblend

Banned
I'm ashamed to say I'm not sure if I've posted 10 times today, yet I have little to say. Someone accuse me of something or make a daring claim =X

Also I see Sorian and Ty4on calling my reaction to the mason thing "good" (or at least I assume that's what they were referring to). Not sure what to make of that. I can't wait for it to be tomorrow so I can just throw a coin and start tunneling on either of them.

Sorian

Banned
I'm ashamed to say I'm not sure if I've posted 10 times today, yet I have little to say. Someone accuse me of something or make a daring claim =X

Also I see Sorian and Ty4on calling my reaction to the mason thing "good" (or at least I assume that's what they were referring to). Not sure what to make of that. I can't wait for it to be tomorrow so I can just throw a coin and start tunneling on either of them.

Good as in genuine. Scum would have potentially acted differently since they'd be able to confirm or deny it easier due to them having partial knowledge of the set up. Or you can just act /shrug Ty4on was the one running a gambit, I figured I was fairly obvious with my joke.

((omg melon. i respect YOUR game. ALL of the comments from the survey about newcomers dropped your name as THE ROOKIE OF THE SEASON. that's amazingggggg. and now that i've played with you, I can see why. you're TERRIFIC. glad you had fun. <3 melonrabbit))

((omg melon. i respect YOUR game. ALL of the comments from the survey about newcomers dropped your name as THE ROOKIE OF THE SEASON. that's amazingggggg. and now that i've played with you, I can see why. you're TERRIFIC. glad you had fun. <3 melonrabbit))

((I promised I wouldn't cry.....

Too late ;__;))

I will return in the sequel.

batsnacks

The full moon was beginning to set as the train approached a stretch of mountains. Could these be the fabled Mountains of Madness?

The overhead compartments started shaking, an eerie light was emitting from the openings. The overhead compartments opened. Ouro stepped out of one compartment and Blargonaut from another.

Melonrabbit remarked at the spectacle, &#8220;Oh hey guys, what&#8217;s up? Why are you here?&#8221;

&#8220;Prepare for trouble&#8221;, Ouro said. &#8220;And make it double!&#8221; Blargonaut finished.

Ouro was puffing on a tobacco pipe, &#8220;You shouldn&#8217;t have come here, buried here is the The Angry Seal of Kali --&#8221;, he was cut off.

Batsnacks in WERE-BAT form crashed into the train car through a window, shrieking and wailing, and started breaking everything. Ouro was decapitated.

Blargonaut declared confidently, &#8220;Somebody call for an exterminator?!&#8221;, as he rushed towards batsnacks. Batsnacks grabbed Blargonaut and began eating him peacefully in the corner.

The TVs buzzed to life, as they do. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was playing starring Timeaisis as Indiana Jones. It was the sacrifice scene. He addressed the audience, &#8220;60 seconds until you all go completely insane by The Angry Seal of Kali Ma Yumbalamob!&#8221;

The train passed into the threshold of the mountains, and there was darkness. All light was extinguished from the train car and a FLAMING PENTAGRAM appeared. Everyone started chanting uncontrollably, driven mad by the power of the buried artifact.

&#8220;Bali chattahogi! Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!&#8221;, they chanted as batsnacks continued chewing on Blagonaut&#8217;s body in the corner, oblivious.

&#8220;Bali chattahogi! Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!&#8221;

A sacrifice was made to the Elder Gods. &#8220;It belongs in a museum!&#8221;, Timeaisis said as everyone fell asleep.

Batsnacks has entered a cocoon state.

melonrabbit, the Mafia Goon, has died.

PLAYERS:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m] Mafia Goon lynched D1
4. Kristoffer [m] replaced by Sophia [f] Vanilla Townie NKed N2
5. Lone_Prodigy [m] Town Cop NKed D1
6. Terrabyte20xx [m] replaced by Sorian [m]
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f] Mafia Goon lynched D3
9. Catvoca [m] replaced by Fireblend [m]
10. SkyOdin [m] Vanilla Townie lynched D2
11. *Splinter [m]
12. YesNOnoNOYes [f]
13. StanleyPalmtree [m]

Day 3 has ended

NIGHT 3 WILL END:
red_1469998800.png

IMPORTANT POSTS:
OP
D1 Start
D2 Start
D3 Start
D3 Final Vote Count / Flip

batsnacks

The group had overslept this morning, the sun was approaching its highest point in the sky. Everyone was startled awake by the loudspeakers which blared, &#8220;DOO! DOO! DOO! You are now approaching your FINAL DESTINATION!&#8221;

YesNOnoNOYes&#8217;s voice rang out, &#8220;It&#8217;s high noon!&#8221;, she swaggered into the middle of the cabin, unholstered a Colt Single Action Army, aimed directly at a groggy Sorian, and fired. Sorian&#8217;s world exploded around him in a flash, and there was nothing but blackness.

The TVs buzzed to life, as they do. Blade Runner was playing starring Timeaisis as Rick Deckard. He was addressing the audience, &#8220;You&#8217;re in the dessert, walking along, when all of a sudden you see a tortoise crawling towards you. You reach down and flip the tortoise on its back.&#8221;, he said as he stepped casually out of a TV.

All eyes were on him as he pointed at a cake in the center of the train car. A tortoise was crawling all over it. Timeaisis walked towards the tortoise and flipped it on it&#8217;s back, plopping it directly into the center of the cake. He asked the group, &#8220;How does that make you feel?&#8221;

Kawl_USC replied, &#8220;Bad.&#8221;
Cabot hiccuped, shrugged, and took another swig of gin.
Ty4on replied, &#8220;My mother? Let me tell you about my mother.&#8221;
Fireblend replied, &#8220;I can&#8217;t believe I lived this long.&#8221;
*Splinter replied, &#8220;Meow meow meow meow!&#8221;
YesNOnoNOYes replied, &#8220;There&#8217;s a snake in my boot!&#8221;
StanleyPalmtree replied, &#8220;I am sickened but curious.&#8221;

The ghosts of Hyperactivity, Kristoffer, Sophia, Lone_Prodigy, Terrabyte20xx, Sorian, melonrabbit, and SkyOdin were loitering about on the outskirts of the room.

Suddenly there were noises coming from a corner of the room, everyone&#8217;s attention shifted. Batsnacks emerged from his cocoon state having transformed into the replicant Roy Batty, as he did it started pouring rain inside the cabin. He inhaled deeply, preparing for a monologue, and walked towards Timeaisis.

&#8220;I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.&#8221;

Timeaisis took aim at batsnacks, raised his blaster, and fired, killing batsnacks. Timeaisis turned to the passengers and started speaking, &#8220;There are replicants among you, find them or d --&#8221;

He was cut off, both figuratively and literally. A massive blade sliced through the train car, bisecting it lengthwise completely and cutting Timeaisis in half, revealing he had been a replicant all along. The walls fell off exposing the group to the extreme Siberian weather. The train car was now speeding along without cover and Sephiroth was standing before them, hair flowing beautifully in the wind.

One Winged Angel was blaring loudly from somewhere, &#8220;Du doo du du du dooo du du du! Mass prom centaur ease in the air mac and cheese, SEPHIROTH!&#8221;

Sephiroth thrust his sword through the floor, into the ground below and the train screeched to a stop. He started waving his arms around like a lunatic and bellowed:

&#8220;It&#8217;s time to go WHOLE HOG!&#8221;

A massive meteor tore across the sky and smashed directly into the train. The entire planet, and The GAFIA Trans-Siberian Beach House Cruise I, were totally annihilated in an instant.

The disembodied voice of Timeaisis echoed across the void, &#8220;War&#8230; war never changes.&#8221;

Sorian, the Mafia Roleblocker, has died.

All threats to town have been eliminated. Town is victorious!

The game has ended.

PLAYERS:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m] Mafia Goon lynched D1
4. Kristoffer [m] replaced by Sophia [f] Vanilla Townie NKed N2
5. Lone_Prodigy [m] Town Cop NKed D1
6. Terrabyte20xx [m] replaced by Sorian [m] Mafia Roleblocker shot N3
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f] Mafia Goon lynched D3
9. Catvoca [m] replaced by Fireblend [m]
10. SkyOdin [m] Vanilla Townie lynched D2
11. *Splinter [m]
12. YesNOnoNOYes [f]
13. StanleyPalmtree [m]

IMPORTANT POSTS:
OP
D1 Start
D2 Start
D3 Start
D3 Final Vote Count / Flip
END

batsnacks

THE ROLL WAS: CCVTTTT

ROLES:

Hyperactivity - Mafia Goon
melonrabbit - Mafia Goon
Sorian - Mafia Roleblocker
YesNOnoNOYes - Town 1-Shot Vigilante
Lone_Prodigy - Town Cop
*Splinter - Vanilla Townie
Kawl_USC - Vanilla Townie
cabot - Vanilla Townie
StanleyPalmtree - Vanilla Townie
SkyOdin - Vanilla Townie
Fireblend - Vanilla Townie
Sophia - Vanilla Townie
Ty4on - Vanilla Townie

SkyOdin

Good job town, and by town, I mean ynnny. That was a delightfully underhanded and gutsy play. All of us in the spectator chat were on the edge of our seats throughout Day 3. You will be remembered as the most successful one-shot vigilante in GAFia history.

By the way, I would also like to say that I WAS RIGHT. I got lynched for voting for scum on day 1 and I voted for two different members of scum on Day 2.

I sent this to batsie yesterday. LOL

I was so nervous

Hi guys,

Depending on how melon will flip, if she’s not the maf roleblocker, my shot will be blocked again tonight. I’m the 1-shot vigi, (yes, sorry I lied about being the cop lol). My shots have been blocked twice in a row on N1 and N2 so I had to play that gambit. I based my lynch target on melon cuz I rode her hard on D1 and I think that’s why she picked me to block. I did read her as scummy on D1 but the fact that I was picked twice in a row for blockages made me believe that she’s the one with the grudge against me. (I hope she flips maf, OMG lol…) (I think she will flip maf, because she reacted as if she knew for sure that I was lying about being cop. The only way she would be that sure is if she knew I was blocked two nights in a row, so…….)

Regardless, if she’s the maf roleblocker, and she dies in the lynch, I wont have anyone blocking my pewpewpew tonight o/

So, anyway, I donno if it’s even worthwhile dropping this info at the eleventh hour, but here’s the skinny: there is a maf RB out there. Maybe those of you who are great with role speculations can now work out the rest of the design. Right, that’s the reason for this little post. I wanted town to be able to carry on with as much information as I can give, just in case I will not make it to the next Day Phase. I thought, if I get nightkilled, you would get my flip, but you wouldn’t know there is a maf rb.

In the event that I was wrong and melon flips town: SORRY TOWN AND MELON x___x

IF I DON’T SURVIVE THE NIGHT, PLEASE KNOW THAT MY SUSS LIST, FROM SCUMMIEST TO TOWNIEST: SORIAN > TY4ON > FIREBLEND OR SPLINTER > CABOT > KAWL

Oooooookay, Good Luck town o/

Cheers,
Yeeny
#(hopefully)NecessaryGambits2016

I didn't end up sending it cuz I was super jittery and the timer ran out :x

So ynnny, what made you decide to claim cop anyways? And how did you know who the scum team was?

I didn't know for sure! I was really sweating yesterday lol

My shot got blocked N1 and N2, and the person I rode heard in D1 was melon so I picked on her.

As for Sorian, his interactions with melon smelled bad to me. So, as soon as i saw melon's flip, I shoot him with that bullet that kept getting refundedededed

Sorian

Banned
In the world where YNNNY was actually a cop somehow, that meant there had to be a town roleblocker in the game, if there was a town roleblocker in the game then there had to be a SK. I was hoping cabot was the blocker and Splinter was the SK which is why I blocked Splinter and hoped cabot or whoever the blocker was would frame someone else for the no kill night. Oh well, should have just blocked YNNNY for a 3rd night in a row.

At least I've still never been lynched. :p

Sorian

Banned
Was it Terra that pointed that out during the game? I vaguely remember that. He probably hoped it would be ignored for WIFOM but him pointing it out was suspicious.

Also what about Sophia?

We wanted someone middle of the road on the off chance of doctor still. So it was between Sophia, Fire, and uh... someone else I forget now.

Kawl_USC

In the world where YNNNY was actually a cop somehow, that meant there had to be a town roleblocker in the game, if there was a town roleblocker in the game then there had to be a SK. I was hoping cabot was the blocker and Splinter was the SK which is why I blocked Splinter and hoped cabot or whoever the blocker was would frame someone else for the no kill night. Oh well, should have just blocked YNNNY for a 3rd night in a row.

At least I've still never been lynched. :p

The insistence of a SK makes more sense now from melon

We picked Sophia because she was in the middle going into D3 and not one of the town lwader like Kawl and be an unexpected choice (likely a doctor would've be protecting her) and it would also impact activity.

We did alll suspect ynny was something for D1 which is why we kept blocking her. Part of my wanted to NK her over Sophia but I really didn't speak up.

Top Bottom