• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood is the next Twitch Marathon

jbug617

Banned
Mod edit: https://www.twitch.tv/misterrogers

Won't you be my neighbor?

Classic children's show ”Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" will get the streaming-marathon treatment from Twitch, with the Amazon-owned video service hosting a free, 18-day broadcast of all 886 episodes of the PBS show.

The ”Mister Rogers" marathon will kick off on May 15 at 12 p.m. PT and will run through June 3, available at twitch.tv/misterrogers. The live-streamed programming block will feature many episodes that have aired only once and aren't available elsewhere online. The marathon will begin with host Fred Rogers' famous testimony in 1969 before a U.S. Senate committee about the value of public television.

Twitch also will run a fundraising campaign encouraging viewers to donate money to support their local PBS station.
http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/mister-rogers-neighborhood-twitch-streaming-free-1202422417/

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Mr. Rogers was an amazing individual that I don't think ever truly gets the respect he deserves. Everyone know's about him but the man sounded as amazing off screen as he was on. A gentle and caring soul and we need more like him in the world.

Oh this is a perfect choice, can't wait to watch.

Give me Sesame Street while you're at it, but that would take forever to go through all the seasons.

HStallion

This is fantastic. I look forward to re-watching when I am able, and its great and amusing to see Twitch bring back these wholesome classics in a community known for its immaturity. I hope Fred Rogers can inspire a whole new generation as Bob was able to do.

I am not looking forward to the endless chat spam about all the bullshit rumors about Rogers. While most you can roll your eyes at or laugh like the Navy sniper thing, hearing people around me in the past say he must have been a molester just because hes an old man that talked softly is infuriating. I think there are few truly %100 purely good people in the world, but Fred Rogers was one of them. That kind of goodness has a profound effect on people, as seen in his Senate testimony and his speech at his lifetime achievement award.

The most amazing thing is that the Senate committee wasn't even very open to Rogers and weren't really taking him seriously but by the time he was done talking they'd done a total 180. Amazing stuff.

I love when he says, "I'd just like to talk about it."

Total authority in the face of mockery.

But my favorite quote is, "Feelings are mentionable and manageable."

I think about that quite a bit.

Toad.T

Banned
ResidentSleeper Time to feed the fish again, I guess. Even though they aren't the same fish. Haven't tried it in a while even though it eats up air time. ResidentSleeper

HStallion

This is fantastic. I look forward to re-watching when I am able, and its great and amusing to see Twitch bring back these wholesome classics in a community known for its immaturity. I hope Fred Rogers can inspire a whole new generation as Bob was able to do.

I am not looking forward to the endless chat spam about all the bullshit rumors about Rogers. While most you can roll your eyes at or laugh like the Navy sniper thing, hearing people around me in the past say he must have been a molester just because hes an old man that talked softly is infuriating. I think there are few truly %100 purely good people in the world, but Fred Rogers was one of them.

If you read about what he was like off camera he seriously sounds like the nicest most caring person ever. I believe there is a story where he had a driver taking him around for work and actually took the time time to hang out with him and his family after the fact. He apparently went back to his house and entertained his entire family by playing the piano, singing songs and so on.

tenor.gif

TIME PogChamp TO PogChamp WATCH PogChamp MY PogChamp BOY PogChamp MR PogChamp ROGERS PogChamp CHANGE PogChamp HIS PogChamp SHOES

Top Bottom