• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood is the next Twitch Marathon

megalowho

Give me 10 minutes and I'll provide you with some "receipts."
Eh, don't bother. I don't really have the time to get into this conversation anyway and I don't speak for "GAF" but if someone else wants to engage go ahead, by all means.

And, you don't see anything interesting in agreeing with someone saying that watching something on television impacts children's development, but playing something on television doesn't?
I will respond to this though - what you found interesting from your original post was that so many would "rally" around a person like Fred Rogers when he believes that young children are impacted by what they see and hear. You're trying to set up a Catch-22 where if someone in the past has argued that they played a violent game as a kid and came out ok, they should be against what Mr. Rogers said in his hearing, and against his philosophy in general. You did not separate it as a watching vs. playing argument, and his statement from that hearing is also abstracted from the show itself and what children have actually taken away from similar programming targeted towards the developmental stages. There's no gotcha to be found here and more nuance than you're allowing for.

Line_HTX

Kind of appropriate that this is the next marathon when there was all that talk about defunding public broadcasting in general.

kulapik

Kind of appropriate that this is the next marathon when there was all that talk about defunding public broadcasting in general.

That's the main reason this marathon exists, actually. It's gonna start with Rogers' speech about public TV funding and all donations are going to go to PBS.

Wow I wonder if the slightly warped picture is a result of old television sets or simply the age of the recording. Amazing. He looks impossibly young.

Top Bottom