• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN PAX 2014 Sale (Transistor, Child of Light, Beyond Two Souls, Pixeljunk, more)

Wensih

Show me Tales of Graces f for less than $9.99

It wasn't an absolute statement. I said a lot because you can find a lot, not all, of these titles for less.

BioShock Infinite
XCOM
Starhawk (not ultimate edition)
Mickey Power of two (PS3 version)
God of war collection (PS3)
Prototype 2
Dynasty Warriors 7 (not Xtreme Legends Edition although that's $13)
DmC
Lost Planet 3

If you have the option of choosing between a 360 and PS3, the 360 versions on games are oddly enough less.

Other titles not listed go between $11-20. Tales of Grace f for example is around $23 on amazon marketplace; it will only deprecate in value from there.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It wasn't an absolute statement. I said a lot because you can find a lot, not all, of these titles for less.

BioShock Infinite
XCOM
Starhawk (not ultimate edition)
Mickey Power of two (PS3 version)
God of war collection (PS3)
Prototype 2
Dynasty Warriors 7 (not Xtreme Legends Edition although that's $13)
DmC
Lost Planet 3

Other titles not listed go between $11-20. Tales of Grace f for example is around $23 on amazon marketplace; it will only deprecate in value from there.

All brand new or used? I still don't see examples

br3wnor

Hmm God of War Collection on Vita is enticing at that price. Reviews were decent, how's it run for people on Vita? I've never played more than a few hours of GOW and have always wanted to give them a shot

daevv

Sly on Vita for $10 is a good deal. I wish they would put the Jax and Daxter collection for that price too. I'd settle for seperate downloads of J&D at $5 each even.

has Beyond for PS4 ever been more than a rumor? if not I may grab it from this sale
Only a rumour. At this point I doubt it's happening anytime soon. Maybe in the future bundled with Heavy Rain or something.

You should follow Wario on twitter. Apparently there is a twitter account teasing Beyonce: Two Souls and the account if followed by a couple of Naughty Dog people. Some think it might be a viral marketing for that.
I don't think Sony would do that lol Seems like a good joke.

netguy503

Hmm God of War Collection on Vita is enticing at that price. Reviews were decent, how's it run for people on Vita? I've never played more than a few hours of GOW and have always wanted to give them a shot

Also if you buy it you get a free copy of the PS3 version. That's 4 full games for $10. Pretty good value there. Wish the Sly Collection was like that but still it's 6 full games for $20 so still not too bad.

Akzel

I'm sad, that Flash Sale is not as impressive as I thought. I already own most of them. Too bad for me.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
A lot of these games can be found for less in physical format.
aXsZoBE.png

4JCdWF3.png

ZJepSQB.png

jfdO9Ax.png

nRGzUp2.png

qE9MbPy.png

rZ8Bv2e.png

dtOISoQ.png

You got one right though !!
mFEhLDm.png
Disclaimer : I switched over to searching "GAME PS3" at some point from "GAME UNSPECIFIED CONSOLE" and also, any 360 prices are lowest prices available flat out.

EDIT : You edited your post. Shipping included is in price and quite frankly, a dirty way to shoot yourself to the top of a sellers list. I could put inFamous Second Son for $5 but use $35 shipping. Would I "Be able to get iF:SS for $5" then?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not a bad sale at all, but I was hoping for a discount on Uncharted 1 & 2 or The Last of Us. Don't know if I'll pick anything from this.

mackattk

Disclaimer : I switched over to searching "GAME PS3" at some point from "GAME UNSPECIFIED CONSOLE" and also, any 360 prices are lowest prices available flat out.

EDIT : You edited your post. Shipping included is in price and quite frankly, a dirty way to shoot yourself to the top of a sellers list. I could put inFamous Second Son for $5 but use $35 shipping. Would I "Be able to get iF:SS for $5" then?

For ps3 you would want this instead most likely:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CP6MA2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hopefully Transistor is 10 bucks, Sony pulled the PS+ savings on the EU deals a few hours before the end of the sale so I couldn't buy it.

Hexa

Contemplating Into the Nexus and Darksiders II if they're both $10.
Haven't even played Darksiders yet though so maybe I should wait for a price drop on the physical collection that's being released in September. I'd expect it to be $20 by the end of the year which might be the best option price wise.

Wensih

I found them for cheaper.

EDIT: Originally, I was searching for the game, not the game specifically for the PS3. The games like DMC, BioShock, Lost Planet, etc. can be found for less than $10 (shipping included). Even then, I understand that shipping bumps them over the $10 price point, but I think this sort of shows that the digital market has a lot to think about in terms of sales.

JohnTonne

I don't think I've ever seen DW7 Empires this low, or ever on sale for more than $10 off, I might pick this one up since I've been itching to try a game in the Empires series.

coolasj19

Cheaper how?
I'm asking for total cost that you have to pay for it to be in your hands.

Price Of Game + Shipping = Total Cost Of Game.
It's a common tactic to lowball the price of the game but overcharge on shipping. The prices I got are from the Google Shopping tab and they combine shipping and cost of game in the "Availible From" lowest prices. Games that can also be picked up in store used are also included.
EDIT :
EDIT: Originally, I was searching for the game, not the game specifically for the PS3. The games like DMC, BioShock, Lost Planet, etc. can be found for less than $10 (shipping included). Even then, I understand that shipping bumps them over the $10 price point, but I think this sort of shows that the digital market has a lot to think about in terms of sales.
Bolded : Hmmmm... Okay then.
Games can't just be on sell perpetually to match used prices that'll kill the base revenue line. Doing sales like this is where we buy them. I agree the digital market needs to think and refine prices but the sales that Sony is doing are amazing. Also, unless it's a Flash Sale, discounts don't go under 75%. Which I say is good for keeping the value of games up.

Where did you find them? Link please

coolasj19

Flash Sale
$10 - Tales of Graces f. If I find $10 somewhere around the house, it's going straight to this game. But otherwise... I think I'm skipping it =(
Everything else I either own through PS+ or am not interested in =/

PAX Sale
Trials Fusion I hope is -$10. $5-$8 would be an insta-buy.
Child of Light. Probably at least sub-$10. It's an insta-buy either way. It's probably going to be 50% for $7.50.
Strike Suit Zero needs a deep discount for me to consider especially since I already own it on PC. $5 hopefully, since Sony doesn't let games go below 75% off. But if it is $5 I'll buy it before Trials.
R&C: Nexus would have to go to $7.50 for me to consider and even then I'd most likely skip it. I bet the file size is insane and I want the Vita version.
Beyond... I want this so bad. But it's 25GB big !! It's entirely possible I wouldn't pick it up even if it got an amazing 75% off to $10.

PixelJunk Sale

Oh my god yes. I'd splurge on this if I didn't already own every game here except for 4am. Which if it's $2.50 I'm going for it. Also... Finally... THE PIXELJUNK SHOOTER SOUNDTRACK WILL BE MINE !! Any discount is big enough for me to grab it. I love love love the soundtrack and it's always been a regret of mine that I haven't bought it.

Wensih

Games can't just be on sell perpetually to match used prices that'll kill the base revenue line. Doing sales like this is where we buy them. I agree the digital market needs to think and refine prices but the sales that Sony is doing are amazing. Also, unless it's a Flash Sale, discounts don't go under 75%. Which I say is good for keeping the value of games up.

I agree the Sony sales are amazing. I think there is room for improvement, especially when I can find these games for less any day of the week, but Sony hits the nail on the head when they do their $1 flash sales.

Top Bottom