• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN PAX 2014 Sale (Transistor, Child of Light, Beyond Two Souls, Pixeljunk, more)

rezn0r

202, i'd say yes

i haven't touched the sly games (but want them for whatever reason - i like the idea of collections of games that i missed) but you will like the GoWs!

rezn0r

I bought the physical version of Sly Cooper. Sly 1 + 2 were on the card while 3 was a download voucher. I just checked and Sly 3 is 2829 MB and if the download on PSN is 6.2GB for the whole collection then Sly 1 + 2 will be about 3.4 gigs.

weird i dunno, the Sly 1 download screen right now says 5269GB alone, and Sly 2 was listed at 6.1

rezn0r

Are you sure you didn't accidentally get the PS3 version, which is around 20 gigs in total?

sorry! I've meant the PS3 version the entire time in my posts

edit: yeah finally scrolled up and realized i kind of barged in on 2 conversations and repeated the same thing a few others said. sorry all. :)

Guys, should I get the Sly Collection? I never had the chance to play those games since I didn't have a PS2. It seems like a really good deal.

Kinsei

Banned
Guys, should I get the Sly Collection? I never had the chance to play those games since I didn't have a PS2. It seems like a really good deal.

Yes. They're really fun games. If you end up not liking Sly 1, still try out Sly 2 as they are completely different types of platformers.

khaaan

sorry! I've meant the PS3 version the entire time in my posts

Whoops.

You might have actually mentioned PS3 in your earlier posts but so many people were asking about the Vita version that I automatically assumed you were talking about that.

Does anyone know if Sly runs well on the Vita?

Define "well" =P
Sly 1 + 2 look to run as about as well as they can, all things considered. For the most part it runs consistently, I'm no framerate-ologist but whatever it runs at (I'm guessing 30, it's definitely not as smooth as the console Sly's) has occasional slowdowns in hectic scenarios. I think I noticed it more in Sly 2 because of the open environments but even then it was occasional and never something that ruined my enjoyment of the game.

Should I get GoW ad Sly Cooper collections?

I've only played the first Sly cooper for about 3 hours and I liked what I played of Thieves in Time and I never played any GoW games.

If you liked Thieves in Time then you'll like 2 and 3 since they're pretty close in terms of level progression. I preferred the linear approach of 1 and thought Theives in Time was better than 2 (haven't played 3) but they're all fun.

They're fun and a little on the easy side, but then there will be random sections that want to make you pull your hair out. The later games introduce Sly's friends more prominently into the gameplay which I personally didn't like as much because many of their levels are Twin Stick/On-Rail shooters or beat-em-ups. They're easy Platinums if you're into that.

NEO0MJ

Define "well" =P
Sly 1 + 2 look to run as about as well as they can, all things considered. For the most part it runs consistently, I'm no framerate-ologist but whatever it runs at (I'm guessing 30, it's definitely not as smooth as the console Sly's) has occasional slowdowns in hectic scenarios. I think I noticed it more in Sly 2 because of the open environments but even then it was occasional and never something that ruined my enjoyment of the game.

Guess I'll pick up the console version, then.

They're fun and a little on the easy side, but then there will be random sections that want to make you pull your hair out. The later games introduce Sly's friends more prominently into the gameplay which I personally didn't like as much because many of their levels are Twin Stick/On-Rail shooters or beat-em-ups. They're easy Platinums if you're into that.

Yes. They're really fun games. If you end up not liking Sly 1, still try out Sly 2 as they are completely different types of platformers.

I do love platformers! And fun as well. Well looks like I'm buying it, although I would need to clear up some space on my PS3 since it does take 20 GB. ._.

Yawnier

Banned
I don't know if I want Persona 4: Arena or Resident Evil: Revelations, or if I should just get both. I have so many games already backlogged grrrr....

cwistofu

I don't know if I want Persona 4: Arena or Resident Evil: Revelations, or if I should just get both. I have so many games already backlogged grrrr....

Persona 4 Arena has its sequel coming out soon, and it will have the first game's story as DLC.

In either case, if you're getting P4A to fight with people, it will be obsolete pretty quickly.

Yawnier

Banned
Persona 4 Arena has its sequel coming out soon, and it will have the first game's story as DLC.

In either case, if you're getting P4A to fight with people, it will be obsolete pretty quickly.

This makes the decision a little easier, leaning towards revelations now.

I was interested in the GoW collection on Vita.
Then I looked at DF's comparision between all 3 versions.
Yeeeaaaaah, that's not worth my $10. Guess I'm not participating this sale.
KuGsj.gif

wilflare

I want to buy Sly Collection PS3 but I can't cause it says I already own "Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus™" when all I did was download the Free Trial - what can I do now?

robotrock

Banned

Oh geez, really? That's pretty sick. Any word on pricing?

gdt

I've never played a Tales Game (but I own Xillia 1), is TOG F good? Should I play it before Xillia? I'm hankering for more JRPGs as I'm playing FFXHD right now.

I've never played a Tales Game (but I own Xillia 1), is TOG F good? Should I play it before Xillia? I'm hankering for more JRPGs as I'm playing FFXHD right now.
Graces has possibly the best combat system in the series. The characters are all fucking morons though and the story is awful.

Definitely worth $10

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I want to buy Sly Collection PS3 but I can't cause it says I already own "Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus™" when all I did was download the Free Trial - what can I do now?

I will suggest contacting customer service. This is something they have to fix on their end for you.

I got the same issue except i got it through PS+ which is silly that i cant actually buy it now.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Sale is live btw.
PS Blog said:
+ Chieh Chen on August 22nd, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:
Hi AlemanGC,
Check out the Robin Williams Collection!
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...s-collection/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ROBINWILLIAMS
Where’d you hear about that other stuff? Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! Waaaaaariiiioooo! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Btw… Don’t let Kratos hear that opinion on his seminal adventures! =͟͟͞͞ =͟͟͞͞ ヘ( ´Д`)ノ
Bwahaha.

Tales of Graces f bought.

Was tempted to get SFxT and DW7: Empires but:

Just got KoF 13 from the humble bundle deal.
Just got Pirate Warriors 2...last week? Plus I gotta conserve energy for Samurai Warriors 4 & Orochi Warriors 3 Ultimate.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Got DMC...been playing the original Devil May Cry (which I got from the PSN Anime sale...why it was on the anime sale I'll never know) so, I thought, what the hell, I don't have a particular attachment to the original Dante so might as well give it a try.

And Tales of Grace F. On a scale from 1 to 10, how embarrassing is the game when it comes to other people watching you play it? Any obnoxious character attributes or "humor"?

Alucrid

Banned

oh thanks for this. was gonna double dip but i'll skip that now.

Download the trial again and let it run till it expires. Once it expires you should be able to buy it and when you do the trial becomes the full game.

JohnGrimm

Judging by this thread it seems that the best deals would be Sly Cooper and God of War.

Are the collections really worth it?

Pikma

Banned
Any word/guess about the date for the CoD sale?

Also, as always, I'd love to get both Sly and GoW collections, but to do that I'd have to get another memory card. So fuck it, I'm not buying any retail Vita game digitally, I won't support Sony's shitty practices.

Carlisle

Tempted to get Star Hawk. Got the SP from PS+ and would love to take it online, but with all this backlog maybe the time has passed...

Sly for Vita looks good too but I've got it on PS3 and I'm bitter it's not cross buy. And even then I haven't even bothered installing the ps3 version so I should be realistic right? Right?

And then RER. Got it on 3DS already so I should probably just play that. But what is it about this game and lack of sales/price drops? I think this is the cheapest I've ever seen it and that's really tempting me to double dip.

Trials Fusion will be mine though!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm torn between the Sly Cooper Collection (ps3) and Darksiders 2 (both sooo similar I know). Sadly it'll probably come down to file size. I know SCC is about 6GB, does anybody know how large Darksiders 2 is?

netguy503

I'm torn between the Sly Cooper Collection (ps3) and Darksiders 2 (both sooo similar I know). Sadly it'll probably come down to file size. I know SCC is about 6GB, does anybody know how large Darksiders 2 is?

Darksiders 2 will probably come to ps plus eventually (Europe plus got it I believe) and no collection I know of has ever been a free plus game. Does that help? :)

rezn0r

Whoops.
You might have actually mentioned PS3 in your earlier posts but so many people were asking about the Vita version that I automatically assumed you were talking about that.

...it makes so much more sense that you/(we/us) meant VITA, it's really my bad - I'm selfish... almost like an MMO player...
...Z

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Got DMC...been playing the original Devil May Cry (which I got from the PSN Anime sale...why it was on the anime sale I'll never know) so, I thought, what the hell, I don't have a particular attachment to the original Dante so might as well give it a try.

And Tales of Grace F. On a scale from 1 to 10, how embarrassing is the game when it comes to other people watching you play it? Any obnoxious character attributes or "humor"?

trust me on this

Could be worse.
I had a room-mate walk in during numerous Star Ocean 4 cutscenes.

At least Star Ocean 4 was weird but not utterly boring. Graces has this weird pacing and most of the scenes are boring to me. Either way, both games have good gameplay and if you don't care about story you could just skip the cutscenes

Darksiders 2 man. Fantastic game that not enough people played. I think DS2 is around 7.5gb if memory serves.

Top Bottom