• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Congrats on the win DLC. Good series. You even called the 10-8 score. (Are you a robot? :p) All the games were close, but we couldn't pull it out.

On the bright side, Jarid Joseph had a bit of a coming out party, winning the series MVP on the losing side, after a nice rookie season.

All things considered, injury issues, young team, not-ready-for-primetime starting pitching, I consider this season a success. Back-to-back post-season trips, a World Series appearance and a division title is good times for the Twins, and the future looks good right now. Hopefully that isn't a mirage.

Thanks, good series. Surprised I'm still in it. I'm convinced I lose the series if it wasn't for Zach Britton getting back healthy just in time for the post season. He was huge, and I haven't been sold on the back of my pen since he went down. Oakland looks like it might be a close match-up as well. Surprisingly I won the season series with them, but they've got a great home record and home field advantage.

brentech

cBj1LTf.png

Boy1.jpg

Taking it back home to Oaktown. Bringing out MC Hammer to jam the anthem, digging up Tupac, Rickey gonna throw out the first pitch. Pulling out all the stops.

Holy shit Michael Jordan and Macho Man Randy Savage are in OOTP 17!

Yes they are! As well as Kurt Russell and Russell Simmons and a whole bunch of other interesting folks.

http://www.sportingnews.com/athleti...inor-league-players-john-elway-michael-jordan

We really hope you guys enjoy this year's game. The dev team went above and beyond, and it's a blast.

Personally, I love the little dudes running around the field the most. :)

Thanks for being fans of OOTP. It means a lot to everyone on the team.

Yes they are! As well as Kurt Russell and Russell Simmons and a whole bunch of other interesting folks.

Awesome story!

But HOLD UP.

Are you telling me the real PORTLAND MAVERICKS are now in the game? I knew about the real minor leaguers and all that, but didn't put this all together until reading that article for some reason. OMG.

Hahahahaha omg I know the first sim season I'm running this year. The Battered Bastards of Baseball on Netflix was awesome. Bring on the 1976 Northwest League sim! Walla Walla can suck it!

1988 California League is also going to get a shot. Ken Griffey Jr and the San Bernardino Spirit shall live again!

brentech

We're going to have to make a new thread to gauge the interest of OOTP 17 for new members.

In the meantime, a sim is currently running and will upload shortly.

I messed around with OOTP 17 a little this morning. Didn't even think about Jordan or anybody being in the game. The Braves roster looks horrible ):

Shelby Miller is still rated high but he didn't have triple crown numbers in the season I simmed. I wish he wasn't a Dback now.

brentech

Keeping our current season separate: Baltimore has to head out of town, so we're going to try to finish off the WS early. Extra sim is happening right now.

I know. I wasn't expecting this...

20-6, 2.61 ERA, 58 BB, 275 K, 0.99 WHIP, 6.3 WAR

...when I got him. I think my scout had him at a 59 POT when the deal happened. I credit pitching coach Mark Buehrle and the fact that I massively increased my development budget the minute I had available money.

brentech

I simmed the league 2 days in case a game 7 is needed. It is.
The humans and the machines are at the final day of reckoning. We must overcome.

Matt Moore is humanity's last hope. Game 6 was a heartbreaker. Can't believe I lost in extras after Britton blew the save. He's been outstanding this postseason, but I think he's been overworked. I'd still use him to close game 7, but these 2 inning saves seem to have caught up to him.

Top Bottom