• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

So the computer wants a $7.7m -0.7WAR catcher hitting .154 but doesn't want the wonderful, honest, pure, gorgeous Billy Burns. The world ain't fair I tells ya.

don't think I've seen something like this yet

Yeah my owner died right before the end of the season last year.

Was well on my way to hitting all my goals, dude dies, kid takes over, changes every goal and then he's pissed I didn't hit those goals in like a week.

What ya gonna do

So the computer wants a $7.7m -0.7WAR catcher hitting .154 but doesn't want the wonderful, honest, pure, gorgeous Billy Burns. The world ain't fair I tells ya.

I looked at Zunino's sterling 79 rating... then looked at his stats. It's weird when a player performs so counter to his rating. I have a guy, Mathisen, who's rated a 21 by my scout, but always hits about .280 or more with a little pop. You just never know with this game sometimes, but isn't that like baseball?

I went ahead and pre-ordered OOTP 17

---------------
Ever since someone asked to check the 'shop player' on a guy and then wanted to make the trade, but then the CPU no longer wanted it, I've started doing the shop player after the current days sim that way you have a day to answer before I sim the next day. (assuming they don't change their response same cycle)

7 day sim should be available

Thanks, I'll look at some contracts and let you know after work.

I looked at Zunino's sterling 79 rating... then looked at his stats. It's weird when a player performs so counter to his rating. I have a guy, Mathisen, who's rated a 21 by my scout, but always hits about .280 or more with a little pop. You just never know with this game sometimes, but isn't that like baseball?

Steve Decker Effect

Steve-Decker-300x212.jpg

0 All Stars for the Mariners :(

On the plus side I swept the Dodgers right before the break and won my first post all star break game. 11-2 on the month, a game over .500 and 2 back of the Wild Card. Kyle Seager just came off the DL, Steven Souza will be back next sim as will Chase DeJong. The Mariners might be turning it around!

brentech

What's the upgrade plan for 17? Will it depend on how many people end up getting the new version?

It will depend on how many people, it's obviously better to retain the members we have, but if we have a bunch of people wanting to join because of the new version, that would also push it over the top to switch over.
I don't know the exact number of what will be needed, but we'll have to come to some sort of consensus.

Brent , can you shop Roberto Pena (MIN) to the CPU, or put me in the queue if there are guys waiting ahead of me please.

4-game sweep of the Pale Hose right before the break is just what the dr. ordered. After suffering through a really bumpy first half in terms of team health, we've gotten pretty healthy, cut some fat (morons) and find ourselves 6 out of the division and 4 out of the WC. I think this team can still contend for the post-season, but we'll have to play solid ball the rest of the way. That first half was nightmare fuel, though.

brentech

Brent , can you shop Roberto Pena (MIN) to the CPU, or put me in the queue if there are guys waiting ahead of me please.

4-game sweep of the Pale Hose right before the break is just what the dr. ordered. After suffering through a really bumpy first half in terms of team health, we've gotten pretty healthy, cut some fat (morons) and find ourselves 6 out of the division and 4 out of the WC. I think this team can still contend for the post-season, but we'll have to play solid ball the rest of the way. That first half was nightmare fuel, though.
Can you run Kevin Kiermaier through the trade-o-matic for me please?

Corey Dickerson, LF, Rockies

Rommel

Wow at Adam's beasting it with the O's. Loving that bandbox it looks like. Fortunately Wakamatsu is putting together a solid rookie campaign so I don't look completely silly.

I'm not sure if we are going to the trading deadline or going past it, but if we're stopping right before it, I want to throw Marcell Ozuna and Christian Yelich's names out there. Both in contract years. I think there's 4 games left before that day and if my team goes 1-3 or worse I think I'm just going to pull the plug on the season.

Yes I know there's a one game difference between 2-2 and 1-3 but my early season run seems to be going the complete opposite direction now :(

Chase DeJong apparently didn't make it through warmups of his first rehab start. At least he's only dtd for 1 day, but ugh if that isn't scary.

brentech

Guys, if you're going to cut players from the lower leagues, you need to be fucking sure you can field a god damn team. I'm not stopping sims just so people can go back and fix their shit.
Arizona had to get set up by the AI.

Sim will be up in 5-10min

Rommel

Guys, if you're going to cut players from the lower leagues, you need to be fucking sure you can field a god damn team. I'm not stopping sims just so people can go back and fix their shit.
Arizona had to get set up by the AI.

Sim will be up in 5-10min

I didn't have any problems prior. I didn't release large amounts of players and with the AI reshuffle you released Tyler Jay my rule 5 player which I definitely would not have released.

brentech

Returned the player. It's uploading with that change. Imported everyone's changes from today's sim so all that is saved and fine.

oh boy

whoa.png

don't think I've seen something like this yet

For some reason I missed this post. I was concerned about my change in owner because Jim's personality was "patient" while his son's is "understanding". I'm assuming that patient is a little better than understanding in this game. Unfortunately, Dave's focus is profit as well, so I'm still trying to make as much black ink as I can while fielding a winner. It would be nice to have an owner who is like, "Money, ha! Put a winner on the field." But I probably actually enjoy the challenge of trying to win within financial constraints more, in reality.

I'm down to upgrade. I just want to move some pieces and get next season going! I have some players available for trade if playoff teams are looking at fill some roster holes.

Fantastic article on Polygon about how OOTP is adding all minor league players and teams since 1919.

More than 150,000 of them — all real-life, career minor league baseball players dating back to 1919 — will join the roster of Out of the Park Baseball 17 when it launches March 22 for Windows PC and Mac. The acclaimed sports management simulation will introduce fully accurate minor league rosters going back to 1919.

"In 2010, I was invited to be on the beta team, and the game had accurate minor leagues but a lot of the guys did not have career stats," said Rod Kronholm, 62, of Maine, a self-described tinkerer who worked with Hauser on the minor league database. "I didn't like that. I'm a perfectionist, and I took it on myself to convince Markus [Heinsohn, OOTP's lead designer and chief executive] that I could put those stats in."

"It's 157,640 players," Kronholm said matter-of-factly. "Half a billion cells of data, pitching, batting and fielding stats."

Great article worth the read.

Fernandez suspended a week for fighting people -_________-

lol god damn Kevin Kiermaier has been playing out of his mind since arriving in Miami! Through 60 plate appearances he has 21 hits and 4 walks

my rotation has a chance to be great next year or two from now

now i need to get a bullpen that doesn't choke close games and hitters that can hit with runners in scoring position

Climbed back up to the top of the Central, but I hope I can stay there - or end up there after 162.

Another injury to Buxton and Joseph a little slow on the mend, though. We've got to stay healthy down the stretch. My starting outfield has been piecemeal and cobbled together all season long.

brentech

Oh yea, ran the sim earlier today and walked away. Looks like it processed fine. 6 days, to the day of roster expansion. Get ready for your playoff push....or in Cleveland's case, prep those young players for a future.

Time to call up my young guns

I hope my rotation next year is amazing. Conley has been superb since returning. Fernandez, Conley, Hand, and then whichever of the prospects wants it the most!

5 games back of the AL Wildcard, but I'm behind something like 6 teams. It'd help if at least one middle infielder on my team remembered how to hit.

Kiermaier already has the same amount of win shares in Miami that he got in Arizona, but did it in about 1/3 of the time. You're the best Kevin!

Top Bottom