• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Team home screen->info

Your team is bad on the road, and has been okay in close games. Your offense is not particularly good, looks like you destroy left handed starters but are only so so versus righties. Woods, Realmuto, Yelich and Munoz are your only above average hitters against righties. Romero and Keys are both about average vs righties (95 OPS+). Everyone else is below average offensively versus right handed pitching.

Derek Dietrich is probably your worst every day player. 70 OPS+, 67 wRC+, 0.1 WAR. I think some of that is because he's played half his games at SS and been not very good there, but the rest is the fact that he just can't seem to hit.

Edit: Just realized that Dansby Swanson is your normal 2B, yeah that'll probably help when he comes back from injury.

eznark

Banned
Without Aguilar my team is dumpster tier. Awful timing going into the Cardinals series. Fuck.

Goodbye Mike Fiers. You were a trooper. I'm sorry I couldn't do better by you friend.

brentech

lol, that's fine. It was so late I forgot that part. I was trying to be absolutely sure I didn't go past the opening of IFA that I had it sim 3 days, and then simmed 1 more and had the upload checkmark turned off.
So that will just be todays upload right now.

eznark

Banned
Can't believe how good my offense is. Bats came on early. I have some arms for next year and hopefully some budget room. I feel like the 2015 Cubs right now.

Sanjuro

Finally had some free time to play around and see if I could get it to work. I think it's safe to say Steam and the new OSX version is borked. It's not OOTP, no games will install and/or update.

zLf8FhL.gif

brentech

Since the league was updated so late at night yesterday to get to IFA signings, the next advance will be tomorrow and normal from there, with shorter sims when needed.

Anyone have any interest in Garrett Richards or potentially other players? Gonna start unloading here (not fully) to prepare for the future.

edit: Shouldn't this be in off topic gaming?

brentech

I spent dumb money on that 16 yo pitcher just because I had the money and I have to use it before my owner pulls the funding.
troll.gif

I tried the same thing and I thought I offered them plenty, but they all told me I was a comedian and talked to me like I was TLBB offering it up

Finally dumped Alex Avila, bench Zunino and called up Aiello and my team has responded by winning 5 straight and moving to 3.5 back of a Wild Card spot.

Only 2 weeks until Chase DeJong is back, although I'll rehab him. The question becomes, who goes to the pen? King Felix is having his worst season, perhaps him?

Everybody's scout must have thought Jorge Lopez was trash since I was able to sign him. Mine thinks he's 75 potential with high power.

Just noticed I had a 19 year old 61 potential SP in my international complex! Found him in 2016 and I just now noticed.

eznark

Banned
Everybody's scout must have thought Jorge Lopez was trash since I was able to sign him. Mine thinks he's 75 potential with high power.

Just noticed I had a 19 year old 61 potential SP in my international complex! Found him in 2016 and I just now noticed.

Signings were weird so I used my omnipotent commish powers to see how different scouts viewed guys. Wow, this is the most variation I think I have ever seen from scout to scout, over the entire crop of IFAs. Very cool.

On that point your scout and mine were in agreement. Had him at something like a 78 POT, the next guy was somewhere in the low 50's and it fell off steeply from there.
I don't even think my scout liked someone else for 30 or above. Hence why I just went all in on the guy.

Billy Burns sits out
Waiting for potential trade
Bubblegum he chews

Billy Burns thinks hard
Contemplating what he's done
Why does Brent not care?

Am I not a man?
Billy Burns thinks to himself
Do I not exist?

If only one cared
Thinks Billy Burns, crying soft
If only they knew

I could bring so much
Billy dreams, the bench attached
To his butt, now numb

Brent, CPU, please
Let me free to fly around
Other, far, outfields

Billy Burns cries, one
Broken man, really is he?
Or does Brent hate him?

brentech

^ Hasn't been a normal set of days where I think to read the thread and sim. Just been loading up when I cn and pushing it forward. Forgot to sim until 1am a couple days ago, and then 9pm yesterday or there bouts.

^ Hasn't been a normal set of days where I think to read the thread and sim. Just been loading up when I cn and pushing it forward. Forgot to sim until 1am a couple days ago, and then 9pm yesterday or there bouts.

Hey man I didn't write that. I was just posting it for fake Billy Burns!

Love you man!

No team offers a one-for-one trade for Billy Burns.

th

"Honey, we're staying in Oakland, I guess!"

Brent if you get around to shopping guys, can you see if the CPU will give me anything for Mike Zunino.

Also if anyone wants to make an offer for Zunino I'm willing to part with him.

brentech

I went ahead and pre-ordered OOTP 17

---------------
Ever since someone asked to check the 'shop player' on a guy and then wanted to make the trade, but then the CPU no longer wanted it, I've started doing the shop player after the current days sim that way you have a day to answer before I sim the next day. (assuming they don't change their response same cycle)

7 day sim should be available

Brent if you get around to shopping guys, can you see if the CPU will give me anything for Mike Zunino.

Also if anyone wants to make an offer for Zunino I'm willing to part with him.

oh boy

this week could make or break my season

1-2

I guess nothing was made or broken

Adam Conley only 1 injured day left!!!

whoa

whoa.png

don't think I've seen something like this yet

Top Bottom