• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

eznark

Banned
The best GMs are able to take unexpected setbacks in stride. Never retreat, never surrender, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead and some stuff.

The weird part is I had no draft picks to negotiate with.

Draft isn't done yet.

I'm only 1/2 game behind St. Louis despite having a payroll $100,000,000 smaller. No ta type. My entire payroll this year is $52m.

Draft isn't done yet.

I'm only 1/2 game behind St. Louis despite having a payroll $100,000,000 smaller. No ta type. My entire payroll this year is $52m.
I'm not even using all my budgeted payroll. I went under last year and thought that with the playoff revenue I'd get a boost this year. Owner just took the money instead. What they say about spending all your money so you keep your budget up is true.

Sanjuro

Yeah, I don't think I can go back a day. I was waiting to make my list until today, so I'm going to be getting a CPU draft as well. Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot I can do.

No worries. Looks like mixed results anyway based on the posts.

I just want it up and running again.

On that note, are we going to (if able) migrate to the 17 platform?

Last night i had fully completed draft results listed. No ability to see draft pool or set lists. What the what. I got. 70 pot high school pitcher in round 1 lol. Wonder if it was listing last year's results? So weird.

I was supposed to have the 15thh and 30th picks in round 1, but I only got one pick- the 14th for some reason.

Also, I went to the trouble of filling out my top 125 and copied that 125 to every round. (I made my list a couple sims ago.) When my 1st pick came around, 13 of my top 14 selections were available, but I was given someone far lower. What in the FUCK! I got number 40 on my list. What's the point of even making a fucking list!?

I'm just going to disregard the draft altogether from this point forward. It's a shame, because a huge part of team-building is drafting guys you want, that fit your blueprint, but this game gives zero fucks.

Yeah, I'm a little peeved.

I can take jank to a point, but when the game won't even follow the simple instructions you give it, it's more than a little irritating.

What I'm seeing after last night's update.

Internetshrug.jpg

4M5FuGY.jpg

brentech

I just launched the game and that same list is empty for me. Don't know what to tell you, but I just ran the draft and it's processing to upload now.

I just launched the game and that same list is empty for me. Don't know what to tell you, but I just ran the draft and it's processing to upload now.

Hopefully the new upload will get everything back to normal. Very weird. Fingers crossed! If not I'll just flush my save and start from scratch.

eznark

Banned
Awesome, drafting according to OSA ratings still. My scout despises Maverick Buffo. Team takes Maverick Buffo with the 5th pick.

Retarded.

Well I got the division lead back but Twine is out 2-3 weeks with a herniated disk. Fuck, gotta find a replacement lead-off man in the meantime.

7PIB9DT.png

LMAO this is the dude I let go in the off-season!

haha.png

Team's been playing well, offense is going great, and now I lose Manny for a month :(. After losing my closer a couple sims ago. Don't know if I can keep up the pace, this might kill my chances this season.

After a really nice season full of promise for the future last year, my team gets hit hard with injuries, suddenly can't score runs - in part because of the injuries, pitching has been mediocre, and I'm in a bad mood, so I decided to go all Steinbrenner. I fired my manager. Jose Altuve was complaining about this team not wanting to win, despite my bench coach just informing me how good our clubhouse atmosphere is, and that we've got a really good group of leaders, etc., so I released his ass. George is getting upset!

brentech

After a really nice season full of promise for the future last year, my team gets hit hard with injuries, suddenly can't score runs - in part because of the injuries, pitching has been mediocre, and I'm in a bad mood, so I decided to go all Steinbrenner. I fired my manager. Jose Altuve was complaining about this team not wanting to win, despite my bench coach just informing me how good our clubhouse atmosphere is, and that we've got a really good group of leaders, etc., so I released his ass. George is getting upset!

Does that mean you'll hire him back to fire him again?

eznark

Banned

Awesome

Is anyone else on the Fisher Price (Apple) client?

I am.

My scout drafted a ton of CFers (which is fine I didn't have very many in the low minors), but I have a feeling I'm still lacking in pitching from these drafts. Seems like there's never enough pitchers. Will have to look at it more when I get home.

Sanjuro

I am.

My scout drafted a ton of CFers (which is fine I didn't have very many in the low minors), but I have a feeling I'm still lacking in pitching from these drafts. Seems like there's never enough pitchers. Will have to look at it more when I get home.

You've had no issue with steam?

Hmm. I'm almost home. Will check.

You've had no issue with steam?

Hmm. I'm almost home. Will check.

The Steam client has been crashing for me on my Mac a decent amount lately, it just kind of closes without any error message.

OOTP has always given me an error when I quit, but it doesn't seem to affect any of my files.

I think I got maybe 4 future big leaguers in the draft, but at least I reloaded some pitching into my minors. I had a few prospects that could be called up one day but everything after that was total trash.

Does that mean you'll hire him back to fire him again?

I'm not sure you ever really wanna go full-Stein. :p

It was far more cathartic than it ought to have been to wield such arbitrary power over these imaginary beings. I hope I'm not just a Kim Jong-un without the means. :p

New upload got everything back to normal. Wow that was weird.

Yeah, that was strange. My frustration was unwarranted in this case, it seems. Although, after looking at my draft, either some of the ratings changed on a couple of my higher picks between making my draft list and the actual draft...or I was drunk while crafting the list. Either way, it's reassuring to see the game adhere to its own structure.

I have a 1/2 game division lead at 32-21. Let's see how this goes after I update!

35-25. Bah.

Great!

2B Swanson out 4 weeks with back spasms. I'm so glad I held onto Dietrich for now instead of dealing him but I already lost my starting SS for another week or so at least.

Annnnd I have no one to call up that doesn't suck.

On one hand, I just lost AJ Ramos for the season (my first injury), on the other hand, I went undefeated this sim, and am now 11-1 for the month of June. Abbott looks like he's going to go for the triple crown while batting .400. Ponce has to be a frontrunner for AL ROY. Adames raised his average up over .220 for the first time in ages!

Shit's alright.

Speaking of the Dodgers, what the fuck is up with the CPU manipulating positions to get player's voted in to the all star game?

Puig shows up as a CFer on the ballot, but his listed position is LF and he's played almost entirely RF (his best defensive position). Joc Pederson shows up as a LF but he's played CF. Corey Seager shows up as a 3B but he's played SS. The third baseman shows up as a 2B.

Shit is rigged!

Other things I learned from the All Star Ballot, there is a dearth of good C, 2B and CF in the AL. All the offensive talent is at SS, 3B and RF.

Brent, can you please run Billy Burns through the trade-o-matic?

Billy Burns available. $2m, control through 2021. Projects to 2.9 WAR, .663 OPS. 75 LF, 55 CF, 20 RF. 54/54 OVR/POT.

My bullpen ERA is 2nd and my starters ERA is 4th. I believe my starters, but my bullpen? These guys are losing every other game for me!

Top Bottom