• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Step right up, one and all! Feast your eyes on the wares we have in stock today!

What do you need? We got it!

Here's what's up for sale!

Brett Lawrie - Off to an amazing start with a 1.050 OPS after posting WARs of 4.8, 5.3, 5.8 and 4.6 over the last 4 seasons. Signed at a reasonable salary through 2022 and plays a 65 rated 3B. Looking for 3 prospects, or 1 ML under long-term club control along with 1 prospect.

Sonny Gray - What can you say about him? An ACE! 4.4, 4.5 and 5.2 WAR seasons over the last 3 years, already off to another great start in 2019. Under contract through 2024. A bargain! I'm looking for 3 top prospects, or 1 ML under control, 1 top prospect and 1 mid prospect.

Sean Doolittle - Does your bullpen have you down in the dumps? How about picking up a guy who had an ERA+ of 283 last year and who struck out 87 in 59 innings last year? A true bullpen anchor, Doolittle is under contract through the 2020 season and can be had for 1 top prospect.

Jesse Hahn, Kendall Graveman and Blake Treinen - Or do you need a solid mid-rotation Starter? Well, we have 3 of those! Make an offer!

We also do one year rentals... for cheap! All of these guys are FA after the season and can be had! Alexi Amarista, Dan Otero, Evan Scribner and Josh Fields.

EVERYTHING MUST GO! IT'S A FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE!!!

eznark

Banned
24 year old Justin Chigbogu is available for prospect(s). Currently has .914 OPS 6 home runs and 26 RBI. In his 235 starts in the bigs he has 52 home runs.

++ power ++ contact + gap power, + discipline + avoid K's

He is a hitting monster. He is terrible at defense. Right now I am playing him in right because Jesus Aguilar is also a stud.

Diamondbacks, your 1B situation is a mess. Wakamatsu is trash and Baker, your top prospect, is legit dumpster tier. Straight up Chigbogu for Magnerius Sierra. Lets do this friend.

Young Dansby Swanson's really been struggling but at least the team's been winning. If he has another shitty sim I'm shipping his ass back down to AAA and starting Dietrich again who has produced more in pinch hit situations lol

Also, how do your pitchers learn new pitches? Cause I've got some young SP who are killing it in the minors...but with 3 pitches. I don't think that'll last in the majors?

this draft pool is trash :(

Rommel

24 year old Justin Chigbogu is available for prospect(s). Currently has .914 OPS 6 home runs and 26 RBI. In his 235 starts in the bigs he has 52 home runs.

He is a hitting monster. He is terrible at defense. Right now I am playing him in right because Jesus Aguilar is also a stud.

Diamondbacks, your 1B situation is a mess. Wakamatsu is trash and Baker, your top prospect, is legit dumpster tier. Straight up Chigbogu for Magnerius Sierra. Lets do this friend.

Could be interesting. Let me check it out when I get home.

Defense is a mess? Sounds like he could be a fine DH!

Looking at the draft pool and thought CF Dazmon Cameron looked familiar. Went to his history and saw that he's been drafted in the first round in the past 4 drafts, failing to sign every time. Class looks pretty bad according to my scout as well.

Had a couple of position players hit the DL and was looking at my minor league options to replace them. Figured it was a good enough time to call up Cooper Johnson. He's crushing it in AAA at 21, and my scout thinks he's a star. Would be nice to have a solid catcher, though Okey has done alright.

Ahhh yes the Miami bats have awoken :)

Some pitchers still though...my god...

Trevor Williams out 3 weeks, but he's been horrible. Time to call up Castenallos...he and Ovalle were next in line to come up.

eznark

Banned
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball-17.php

woooooooooooo

For those of you who don't know, the franchise just keeps going from version to version.

Being honest, I don't see much in the way of improvements. Was kind of hoping for a partnership with baseballprospectus to use some of their stats. I thought Ben Lindbergh brought that up before. If we could use Jonathan Judge's DRA I might have ruined my underwear.

That said, I'm sure there is a bunch of good stuff under the hood.

eznark

Banned
Thanks for thinking of me Rich and thanks for reading it Dmncn. My next one is a little trickier to do so I am working out the kinks.

Crazy how far this game has come since I first played it 12 years ago or so. I think I started with OOTP 4. Looking forward to the trading system updates.

Rommel

Rommel, did you look at the deal? Any interest?

I did. 34.99 for effectively 2 copys of the game if bought before March 1st.

One copy will be an early release and the other will be an additional steam key you will get at release.

If someone wants to chip in 17.50 with me I'll pull the trigger.

One copy will be an early release and the other will be an additional steam key you will get at release.

I think he's talking about the trade offer

eznark

Banned

I hate you

The UI improvements look fantastic. Very interested to see what happens with the player arcs, and not going to lie really looking forward to the headlines and recaps.

The Max Muncy/Garrett Richards fight that got them both 10 game suspensions? Dying to see what the recap to that would have looked like, and if there'd be any descriptors in a recap as to what happened.

Preorder get.

What UI enhancements? I didn't look closely at the screenshots.

Just a cleaner look... more contrasting use of color to help segment different functions. Still very much OOTP in terms of what's where, but definitely a bit easier on the eyes/brain.

Pulled the trigger on the pre order. Now the debate starts on if I should get the show. Hmmm.

Every year I buy the show and every year I'm disappointed. Too much fuckery happens in that game. Not this year. I'll just dump another 200 hours into this thing.

Every year I buy the show and every year I'm disappointed. Too much fuckery happens in that game. Not this year. I'll just dump another 200 hours into this thing.

I still love the Show despite its myriad glaring problems, but it can't really contend with OOTP as an overall baseball lover's fantasy imo.

BTW, how does it work with upgrading to 17? Are those who remain on 16 not able to continue with the GOBL, or what? (I'm getting 17- I'm just curious if we could lose league members.)

eznark

Banned
Yeah the league has to all be on the same version. We likely won't upgrade immediately but I definitely think we need to take this opportunity to try and recruit new members.

Gotcha. Well, maybe I'll hold off on upgrading until we do it as a league. I'd rather not be flipping back and forth between versions.

If you guys need to keep track for eventual league migration purposes, you can mark me down as ready to upgrade for if/when we do it collectively. I'd rather we not lose league members than upgrade too soon, if that would be the result, though.

Count me in as ready to upgrade and to do whatever the rest y'all do

My first scout liked Carter Kieboom but nobody else seems to. This guy is killing it in Double A.

Authentic minor league systems from 1919 through 2015 with a database of more than 100,000 real players

Oh man this is awesome. When I was trying to do historical sims it bummed me out having like 10 real dudes and 100 fake dudes who were all awful.

Oakland/STL trade

Sonny Gray

for

Daniel Sweet
Marcos Santana
Danny Diekroeger

Had a glut of outfielders that I could lose a couple and this gives me a hell of a rotation for the next few years. Be nice if I stopped losing a guy for the whole season however.

Oakland/STL trade

Sonny Gray

for

Daniel Sweet
Marcos Santana
Danny Diekroeger

Had a glut of outfielders that I could lose a couple and this gives me a hell of a rotation for the next few years. Be nice if I stopped losing a guy for the whole season however.

OAK agrees.

Sweet is at STL, other two are at AA Brent.

brentech

Trade completed. 7 day sim run.

Indians went 0-6. This is the season I thought I'd have last year, not now. Club was the top team in Spring and can't hit for the life of them. Also, Lindor just went down for 3-4 months!

Top Bottom