• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

lol Cosart out 8 months because he had surgery to remove bone chips

dude is made of glass. and it was a contract year. welp there goes your money!

brentech

7 day sim is available.

annnnd I lost Kluber for 3 months to shoulder inflammation. He missed from late may thru the end of the season last year. I think he's going full fragile mode. He was playing realllly strong spring ball, so that sucks (15innings, .60 ERA)

brentech

7 Day sim is available. One that ends spring training games, the other that lets you get your rosters in check and onto opening day

Are you f'ing kidding me. Zobrist has a torn labrum last year. Out 7 months. Is back for one week at spring training and now has a torn ACL, out 8 months. $40m.

ohsdvoasdnhvoasdfnv;dfiv;

brentech

Only sim I see has the game at the 31st of March. That right?

Yeah. A 7 day sim takes us right onto opening day, so I have to cut it to 6 so everyone can get rosters in order. Or close to everyone. I'm not going to wait an extra day or anything beyond that.

PLEASE CUT YOUR ROSTERS TO 25 ACTIVE NOW unless you know absolutely sure that you can do it after tomorrows sim.

brentech

Hey Brent, can you shop Goldschmidt and Bumgarner when you get a chance? Thanks.

I'm open to offers for those guys from anyone.

Goldy can fetch Carlos Gonzalaz or Josh Hamilton from the Cubs. or Lucroy, from the phillies.

Bumgarner: Jose Abreu (CHW), Jon Lester (CHC), Jonathan Lucroy (PHI), Cole Hamels (PHI), Gregory Polanco (PIT), Anthony Rendon (WAS)

Remember, the AI only returns 1 for 1 trade offers.

Looking over my team to make cut downs, depth is much improved compared to the start of last year. Had a few tough decisions to make. Don't really like my teams chances this year though. Just not enough impact players. I think .500 would be acceptable. Could see myself making a trade if I get off to a hot start.

The latest news from the Oakland Athletics clubhouse is this: right fielder Ben Zobrist is expected to be out of action for another 8 months. He has a torn anterior cruciate ligament, sustained on 03/26/2019. Zobrist expressed a bit of relief. "At least now I know," he said.

Yeah. You know you're collecting $22 million to sit around and rehab, you twerp. OMG I HATE YOU SO MUCH ZOBRIST.

I said this at the beginning of last season, and I'm returning almost the exact same team to the field, but I really feel like I could go places. Ponce quickly developed into a top-10 pitcher, and he's still rookie eligible! He and Bauer represent a good top-of-the-rotation that I've dreamed of of pairing with my offense since the start.

Now watch it all crumble to dust.

I said this at the beginning of last season, and I'm returning almost the exact same team to the field, but I really feel like I could go places. Ponce quickly developed into a top-10 pitcher, and he's still rookie eligible! He and Bauer represent a good top-of-the-rotation that I've dreamed of of pairing with my offense since the start.

Now watch it all crumble to dust.

man my scout didnt really like Ponce wtf lol

man my scout didnt really like Ponce wtf lol

He went from zero to awesome in really short order. I wasn't ready for him, but I wasn't about to keep him buried. Got three ML starts out of him last season before he got hurt. Hopefully that's not a trend.

My guy didn't really think Gregor was anything special either, and he was super blocked. Glad to see he worked out for you. I love win-win trades.

brentech

6 Day sim is in progress. Taking us to the day before opening day. Tomorrow will just be a one day sim to opening day, get your active roster to 25!

Get your active roster to 25!
Code:

brentech

That cut from 26 to 25 was a real struggle for me. I figured the dude was young enough that he'll get his chance in the future or even this season if an injury occurs. I didn't expect to be thinking about competing after only one season of 'throwing it away', but here I am.

Lindor, Ramirez, and Gomes are the only remaining fielders that were actually on the Indians ML roster at the launch of OOTP.

Goldy can fetch Carlos Gonzalaz or Josh Hamilton from the Cubs. or Lucroy, from the phillies.

Bumgarner: Jose Abreu (CHW), Jon Lester (CHC), Jonathan Lucroy (PHI), Cole Hamels (PHI), Gregory Polanco (PIT), Anthony Rendon (WAS)

Remember, the AI only returns 1 for 1 trade offers.
I'll trade Goldschmidt for Lucroy on the Phillies.

eznark

Banned
It finally happened.

Ryan Braun has been released.

Oh shit my manager wants to go to a 6 man rotation! Roll the fucking dice, friend!

Sonny Gray will miss the season after a freak off-field accident. "I was grinding my own hamburger when my finger was caught. I was able to get my arm out, but not until I ground my own hand into a bloody pulp. Weird, right?" said Gray. "But at least now I know."
...is the update I'm waiting to see any minute now.

brentech

Alright, with a new GM, I don't want to push the sim today.

So, what is going to happen?
--I imported all your changes at 4:23 eastern. I added Duane Cunningham as the new GM of the Kansas City Royals. Trade was pushed processed for Randal Grichuck (ML Twins) for Devon Travis (AAA Buffalo Bisons). Update with these changes is in process right now.
This gives Duane and everyone else 1 final day to look over the rosters (AND MAKE SURE THEY'RE AT 25 MEN ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER) heading into the 2019 GOBL season.

Duane, to join the league, please follow the instructions on the league website: http://gobl.obleague.com/league-file-instructions/

~/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 16/saved_games

If you do command shift g in finder and paste that in the box it should get you to the right folder. You could also just create a league and from inside the game when loading a saved game choose open folder and it'll open a finder window for the same spot.

brentech

Anyone know where to put the files on OSX?

~/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 16/saved_games

If you do command shift g in finder and paste that in the box it should get you to the right folder. You could also just create a league and from inside the game when loading a saved game choose open folder and it'll open a finder window for the same spot.

Hopefully this works for you. Whenever you are able to export your team file is when I will go ahead and sim to opening day. Sims USUALLY happen right around 4, or whenever I am able to/remember to do so.

Just an FYI, I made an export reader that shows when each team last updated. At the top, it shows the time of the latest update to the league file. If a team's update time is in red, they haven't updated since the latest league update...and green if they are updated.

It finally happened.

Ryan Braun has been released.

Oh shit my manager wants to go to a 6 man rotation! Roll the fucking dice, friend!

Does this mean no more Braun picks when anyone needs an anything? :p

My manager seems hell-bent on a 6 man rotation as well. I wouldn't do it, but I've reached a point in the build of my team that I am letting my manager do his job. If he doesn't get it right, he knows what's up. I've had a sit down. ;)

Although, I'm not complaining. He helped lead us to the Series a year or two ahead of schedule, so he's got some slack on his rope.

Top Bottom