• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Okay, I got it set up and loaded! Now to figure out how to play. You say my first step is to go down to a 25 man roster, eh? Do I just go down my 40 man roster and demote 15 to AAA?

brentech

Okay, I got it set up and loaded! Now to figure out how to play. You say my first step is to go down to a 25 man roster, eh? Do I just go down my 40 man roster and demote 15 to AAA?

When you look at your rosters, you'll see 25 man active, 40 man roster, and each of your minor league teams. so you'll need to go through the 25 man active roster and demote players to AAA or a lower league.

You can choose to set your depth charts/line ups and rotations, or just let your manager do it.

Sorry, I'm going into this totally blind... the top slot says "Kansas City Active Roster (Spring Training) (40/60 Players)". Is that supposed to say 25 man active, or do I just take it down to 25 and that's it?

Edit:

5hMvmx6.png

brentech

Hmm... i keep getting error -201 could not connect. I downloaded the settings folder and put it in the place it says.

Just to be sure you extracted the files and put them directly into the gobl_ootp.lg/settings/ folder? The 201 error is just a failure to connect, so it isn't a big deal. Probably just something set wrong.

brentech

I can't let the league sit unadvanced for too many days. It's bad for interest. Let me know if there is still a problem. I'm going to need to advance tomorrow.

Hmm... i keep getting error -201 could not connect. I downloaded the settings folder and put it in the place it says.

I get this on occasion. What I've found that works is going to file - online league - Online League FTP Settings and setting the FTP mode to passive mode. Save and then go back and set it to active mode. I don't know why this works or why I have to do it, but it works for me.

I get this on occasion. What I've found that works is going to file - online league - Online League FTP Settings and setting the FTP mode to passive mode. Save and then go back and set it to active mode. I don't know why this works or why I have to do it, but it works for me.

That did it! Okay Brent, I'm exported. Sorry to jack up the party, all, I think we're in business now.

brentech

That did it! Okay Brent, I'm exported. Sorry to jack up the party, all, I think we're in business now.

Glad to hear it. I'm going to start the 1 day sim to opening day right now, and then 7 day sim for the first set of games later today. Later today because there is always players that are on the active roster that are somehow not on the 40man and there is a bunch of little fixes I have to apply at the start of the season.

brentech

http://gobl.obleague.com/

Alright. Simmed thru to Opening Day. Had to do full AI organization set on two teams that are managed by people that kind of come and go, along with the normal players on active that aren't on the 40 man. I think I simmed 2 or 3 days into the normal season, just in order to fix all of that.
It's uploading right now, so everyone should have 1-3 games played. Probably 1 or 2. Make any changes and make sure to claim anyone off your DFA list.

Good luck.

synchronicity

Gold Member
Wow the Twin's bringing Jarid Joseph up already after his stellar .199/.298/.311 slash line last year...

Well, my theory on the player is that he thrives on challenge and the best competition brings out the best in him. We'll find out though, won't we. ;) I really think he was just bored at the minor league level. He was constantly frustrated that he wasn't in the bigs throughout last season.

I also viewed it as a relatively low risk move. The team surrounding him is pretty good, and he'll provide great D at the hot corner while allowing me to move Sano to the DH spot (not that Sano is awful or anything @ 3rd), regardless of how he handles the Show in the batters box.

Worst case scenario, he gets a good taste and a trip back down for some marinating.

Alex Jackson was hurt after being hit by a pitch. Yu Darvish you jerk wad!

Edit: Looks like DeJong nailed Gallo first, and then later Texas' reliever hit another one of my guys. Beanball war.

Edit 2: It was the reliever who hurt Jackson, not Darvish.

brentech

Alex Jackson was hurt after being hit by a pitch. Yu Darvish you jerk wad!

Edit: Looks like DeJong nailed Gallo first, and then later Texas' reliever hit another one of my guys. Beanball war.

Edit 2: It was the reliever who hurt Jackson, not Darvish.

I don't know about you, but I find this whole scenario kind of awesome.

I don't know about you, but I find this whole scenario kind of awesome.

Top of the 4th
Sea 3 Tex 0
First pitch hits Kyle Seager

Bottom of the 4th
Sea 3 Tex 0
1-2 count on Joey Gallo, hit by pitch

Top of the 8th
Sea 3 Tex 0
0-1 count on Alex Jackson, hit by pitch

I mean it is kind of hilarious in a way, but it doesn't look like a bean ball war. Still having some scrub 36 year old nail one of my best hitters is definitely a sneaky evil strategy for Texas. I updated my lineup to take AJax out for the rest of the Texas series (since I don't know the extent) so if nothing else they get to face Trayce Thompson for 3 games instead of AJax.

brentech

There was a handful of brawls this sim. League is getting chippy.
Indians hitters starting the season really poorly. My leader is like .240 or something, next isn't even .200, but I'm 3-4 so we're holding it together.

AJax ended up being day to day for 5 days, phew.

Seems like my manager has been doing some weird shit with the rotation. He started my long reliever in one game and then in the next game he used 3 relievers and no starting pitcher, weird. I noticed a bunch of my minor league teams my #1 starter has 2 starts but my 4 and 5 guys have 0. I know my rotations had been 3 man from the playoffs but I changed them back to 5 before the season started.

AJ Pollock 1 win in value in only 8 games. Not bad!

Matt Olson is made out of gotdam glass and he's my best offensive player.

2019 is the season my head bangs against the wall repeatedly and with great vigor.

My team is hitting like gangbusters, and true to a Scioscia team, is stealing like crazy. Top of the rotation looks solid.

Still feeling good!

Worst fucking sim ever.

John Aiello hurt for 3 weeks.

Gareth Morgan hurt for 3 months.

Chase DeJong hurt for 3 months.

Plus like 3 or 4 other prospects that got hurt. Like ugh. My ace and probably my top 2 position player prospects just completely wrecked.

Worst fucking sim ever.

John Aiello hurt for 3 weeks.

Gareth Morgan hurt for 3 months.

Chase DeJong hurt for 3 months.

Plus like 3 or 4 other prospects that got hurt. Like ugh. My ace and probably my top 2 position player prospects just completely wrecked.

Damn.

Sounds like you could use some players to help get you through this terrible time.

Welcome, friend, to the Oakland Athletics FIRE SALE! Everything must go!! Hur-ry Hur-ry Hur-ry step right up! It's the circus of value!

My pitching is better than ever! Too bad my offense is also worse than it's ever been.

Several of my young guys are having great seasons but still can't score any runs.

Last in the power rankings having the greatest starting rotation of all time. I should be fired. Miller and Wood are 1 and 2 in strikeouts and WAR. If I had kept Teheran my pitching would be insane.

Fuck just noticed I was using a four man rotation

synchronicity

Gold Member
I've been dealing with injuries like some of you guys as well. Gordon, Buxton, English- all starters and all out with pretty lengthy injuries. On top of that I hired new pitching AND hitting coaches in the off-season, we're coming off the World-Series-loser hangover, and I'm starting some really young guys/rookies on the defending AL champs, both in the field and on the starting hill. I'm (along with manager Tanaka) really going to have to earn that paycheck this year I think.

Everything is awesome! For me.

I'm especially pleased that Bauer isn't a piece of shit. I was worried for a bit last season.

I guess I'm also amused by my starting 5. I have three starters who have about a combined 3 ERA. They're 5-3. The two guys who have a about a combined 5 ERA? 7-0.

Damn.

Sounds like you could use some players to help get you through this terrible time.

Welcome, friend, to the Oakland Athletics FIRE SALE! Everything must go!! Hur-ry Hur-ry Hur-ry step right up! It's the circus of value!

I mean most of the injuries were in my minors, so it really just delays their development. Morgan is the one that hurts the most since he was mashing in A ball and probably would've been up to AA real soon. Although I was considering bringing Aiello up and finding a place for him to play, I have room at DH since I finally decided to move on from Cano.

As for DeJong, that hurts. He was off to a great start and he was the Cy Young runner up last season. All my AAA prospects are stinking it up so I'm gonna have to rely on 30 year old Roenis Elias I guess. Depending upon how the season goes maybe I'll look to make a trade.

Top Bottom