• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

Kiermaier already has the same amount of win shares in Miami that he got in Arizona, but did it in about 1/3 of the time. You're the best Kevin!

Its cool Ozuna is doing what I need him to. Kevin did not like the desert it seemed.

Pineda pushing for that $380k pitcher award bonus this year. Glad I locked him up for a few more years cheap.

Mets are done. Zack Collins will be moved to first for the rest of the season. dude is 80 potential, gotta let him loose. might move Gregor to third. also moving Sheffield to pitching rotation and going with a 6 man. let the youth play.

Still having trouble believing my team is in first this late in the year. 71% chance of the playoffs, which seems crazy. Love my offense, but my pitching has been pretty bad. I think in a playoff series I'd have a shot with Moore/Bundy and whoever gets hot. Carbonell is finally hitting for the first time this season, and if he can keep that up my offense is going to be scary. Nothing has made me happier than Schoop's career year. He's doing better than what I expected his ceiling to be.

Still having trouble believing my team is in first this late in the year. 71% chance of the playoffs, which seems crazy. Love my offense, but my pitching has been pretty bad. I think in a playoff series I'd have a shot with Moore/Bundy and whoever gets hot. Carbonell is finally hitting for the first time this season, and if he can keep that up my offense is going to be scary. Nothing has made me happier than Schoop's career year. He's doing better than what I expected his ceiling to be.

I feel that. I was throwing in the towel in July but somehow the A's are clinging to a wild card spot, thanks to some AAA guys I brought up going out of their minds.

Really fun race this year. No matter what though, the hyumahns must prevail!!!

6-1 last sim, 5-2 this one

-_______-

Adam Conley has been absolutely lights out since his return. I could have used this all season!

omg I didn't realize that Adam Conley threw a no hitter. I was glossing over at his stats again and realized "9 IP...0 Hits" and then it struck me

I can't wait for next season. To hell with Yelich, I got Dominic Fletcher and Kevin Keirmaier GOAT ready to step in. Twine will have a year of experience and I think I've also found my 3B of the future!

brentech

Hey guys. There should be a normal update today and one tomorrow around noon-2pm eastern if I remember. I'll be heading out of town for just a couple days. Doesn't look like the place we're staying at has good wifi, so I don't plan to even bother trying to update while there.
Should be back Wednesday to keep it moving.

If I go and the wifi is surprisingly adequate, I'll do it in the evenings. We're going down to New Orleans, but can't stay out in the evenings because my wife is pregnant and we don't want to risk mosquito's....even if zika is unlikely to be transmitted.

brentech

7 day sim is going up. again, there may or may not be sims pushed the next two days. I'll be back on Wednesday

The Akron Rubberducks win the AA Eastern League two years in a row! Cleveland/Akron popping the bottles tonight.

This definitely wasn't my year. Now Gray is out for 4 months, season will end up with Martinez, Petrick, and Gray all on the D/L with long-term injuries. Hoping for a more healthy rotation next year.

Love watching the Southsiders implode down the stretch. Hope it continues to the final day of the season.

I'd love to have a chance to defend our AL crown, and back to back post-season appearances would be great, given the mess I had to work with in the Twins first year in the GOBL. I know the Astros are a juggernaut this year, but you know what, fuck the Astros! ;)

We're a very young team, with a lot of guys growing into their potential - some faster than others. And we've got a great clubhouse with a lot of the "right" type of guys.

I've got a team built in the mold I prefer, for the most part. We play great defense, we have a strong bullpen, we have nice speed, and we're gradually coming into form at the plate. Starting pitching could certainly be improved in a couple spots, but I've got budget room. Fan interest is maxed, revenue is soaring, relatively speaking, and payroll is low, so I can make some moves if needed - assuming my profit-first (new) owner doesn't hamstring me, and he shouldn't because the Twins are making bank, given the market.

Minor leagues are adequate, with some nice talent still in the pipelines. (Although I'm overloaded at a few positions.)

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. Maybe not that bright. :p

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

image.php

I'm not signing shit. My payroll is going up $30m in arb and escalating long term deals. Unless winning the WS really opens up the wallet, I might have to sell a guy or three this offseason.

This season might be my peak, unfortunately. I'm going to be competitive going forward, but duplicating this season is going to be tough.

brentech

Back home. Ran the sim 5 days and then made sure no human players were going to risk missing the playoffs because of a lack of change. We're on the day the playoffs start, gets your teams in order.

Since this is a late sim, I'll push it to 72 hours or whatever unless the teams involved in the wildcard are exported.

The Twins making back-to-back post-season trips, I like.

Our entire starting outfield being injured going into the playoffs, not so much. Granted Buxton will be back in 2 days, but I'm pretty sure he'll stub his pinky toe and announce his retirement. "It's just so tender, I've gotta hang 'em up." Taylor is back in 6 days, but he'll miss the entire first round probably. And English has been hurt all year. Yeah, he's not a force at the plate, but he's a phenomenal RF, and fits in with this team and how we like to play very well.

I feel like we've been held together with chewing gum all season in the outfield.

Well, you never know what will happen in the playoffs, but you'd certainly like to be healthy, at least.

Pretty happy to have made the playoffs, and my team is completely healthy, but I have no faith in my pitching at all. Unless I beat teams 10-8, I think my stay in the playoffs will be short. Probably won't be really happy with my rotation until Danner is in the bigs. Got a really good scouting update this month on him, he looks like the real deal. Matuella, who I almost let walk, also seems to be developing, though the results haven't looked like it. If both pan out, I could possibly compete.

I'm amused that it lined ended up being 4 human AL teams and 4 CPU NL teams.

And I'm coming for you Queso. Doolittle told me all your secrets.

Rommel

Rise of the machines in the NL:( Last year I lost my best starter before the playoffs. This year my best position player. The CPUs are in cahoots!

Just got my download link for OOTP 17. So pumped to play around with it.

Best of luck MIN. Looks like it could be a good series. Have to hope my pitching holds up.

Just got my download link for OOTP 17. So pumped to play around with it.

Best of luck MIN. Looks like it could be a good series. Have to hope my pitching holds up.

Thanks. You too DLC. I know you're worried about your pitching, but you've got the right match-up in the Twins. We've struggled to score consistently all year. We pitch well usually and play great defense, but our bats can really slumber for stretches. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out. If our bats are awake, I think we can win, but that's a big if. You've got a good team and it should be a tough series. Good luck!

I'm amused that it lined ended up being 4 human AL teams and 4 CPU NL teams.

And I'm coming for you Queso. Doolittle told me all your secrets.

But the NL is 4-0 in GOBL WS play. Uh Oh! ;)

brentech

Sorry, just remembered to sim right now. It's in the middle of it and should be up in 15 minutes. I'll try to get it simmed on time tomorrow or earlier even if those involved in the playoffs are exported.

Considering I dropped 3 of 4 in my last series of the season, I probably shouldn't be surprised that I'm in an 0-2 hole now. But I'm still sad. I think I'm the 2001 Mariners.

Considering I dropped 3 of 4 in my last series of the season, I probably shouldn't be surprised that I'm in an 0-2 hole now. But I'm still sad. I think I'm the 2001 Mariners.

But it has been a crazy close series.

Look at Game 1.

Going into the top of the 9th, Astros up 4-0. Barreto single, Munoz single, Olson walk. Loaded the bases for Daniel Sweet, who triples. Makes the game 4-3.

Doolittle comes in, strikes out Haniger on three pitches.

Then with 1 out, man on third and down by 1, Jesus Lopez SQUEEZE BUNTS and Sweet scores, tying up the game!

After that Doolittle strikes out Frazier and gets Heineman on a ground out.

The Astros were a squeeze bunt away from taking game 1, which ended up going 14 innings.

Game 2 the Astros started up 2-0 going into the 4th, but then the wheels came off for Musgrove.

The series has been very tight. Expect it to go 7.

Congrats on the win DLC. Good series. You even called the 10-8 score. (Are you a robot? :p) All the games were close, but we couldn't pull it out.

On the bright side, Jarid Joseph had a bit of a coming out party, winning the series MVP on the losing side, after a nice rookie season.

All things considered, injury issues, young team, not-ready-for-primetime starting pitching, I consider this season a success. Back-to-back post-season trips, a World Series appearance and a division title is good times for the Twins, and the future looks good right now. Hopefully that isn't a mirage.

Top Bottom