• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Hardware Info (Conference At 10 PST/1 EST Today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Neiteio said:
Man, only a couple days 'til Nintendo releases a glorious 10-minute trailer for the launch title Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask two-in-one 3D remake complete with upgraded visuals, all-new dungeons, selectable difficulty levels, orchestral soundtracks, dungeon editors and unlockable Master Quests upon completing the game, SQUEEEEEE!

homer-drool.gif

Gravijah said:
I think he meant a lack of games.
Nintendo already said the 3DS was going to have the largest third-party launch lineup in Nintendo history. It ain't gonna have a lack of games.

Neiteio said:
Man, only a couple days 'til Nintendo releases a glorious 10-minute trailer for the launch title Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask two-in-one 3D remake complete with upgraded visuals, all-new dungeons, selectable difficulty levels, orchestral soundtracks, dungeon editors and unlockable Master Quests upon completing the game, SQUEEEEEE!
Like yer hype level, but let's not gloss over the fact that Miyamoto pretty much said Zelda wasn't going to be anywhere near ready for launch (heck, the way he was talking he wasn't sure it'd ever come to the 3DS...Nintendo's PR though announced it right after that). Some people don't know about that, so the hype could confuse them.

Gravijah

Dreamwriter said:
Nintendo already said the 3DS was going to have the largest third-party launch lineup in Nintendo history. It ain't gonna have a lack of games.

Well, the longer you wait, the more games you get.

Chet Rippo said:
And all of those had an arguably better revision latter on in their lifespan.
Eh, maybe.
However I never saw the point in buying revisions. Especially years down the road.
I'd rather be able to enjoy it now.

Gomu Gomu

Nintendo-4Life said:
Wow this thread is huge. So is this the Official thread for the conference?
There will probably be a new thread for that. This thread is has been nothing but empty hype and speculations for the last 50 pages or so.

Boney

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
There will probably be a new thread for that. This thread is has been nothing but empty hype and speculations for the last 50 pages or so.
brain_stew got banned... sooooo :(

I've never minded launch droughts.

Everyone always says it will be cheaper later, so buying at launch is dumb, but it's at most a day's pay difference, and I get to play new games on new hardware in those months.

It seems fine to me. Buying a system at launch only seems dangerous when you can't trust the build quality. I don't need constant releases to make my purchase feel justified, just games I enjoy.

ShockingAlberto said:

Everyone always says it will be cheaper later, so buying at launch is dumb, but it's at most a day's pay difference, and I get to play new games on new hardware in those months.

It seems fine to me. Buying a system at launch only seems dangerous when you can't trust the build quality. I don't need constant releases to make my purchase feel justified, just games I enjoy.
Plus, you get to show it off to friends who are all "zomg new thing!", Which will be made all the more satisfying with the "zomg how the fuck did they do glasses-free 3D?" effect.

Novella

Banned
civilstrife said:
Plus, you get to show it off to friends who are all "zomg new thing!", Which will be made all the more satisfying with the "zomg how the fuck did they do glasses-free 3D?" effect.
I frequently drop $200 on things that will give me a fleeting consumer's high when my friends are impressed with it.

Vinci

Danish
Yeah, it's all fun and games till one of you guys has a damn stroke from overhypeage. Yes, overhypeage. With the train and the bom zal droppen.

EDIT: I'm agreeing with Man God. B&W was overrated, overhyped crap.

Stage On

I hope it's going to come this year.

I mean seriously knowing it's coming soon who is going to spend money on ds instead of a 3ds now? I was thinking of getting a newer ds to replace my fat in august because the battery is nearly dead but it didn't make sense to spend the money on that when I could wait a little while longer and get the superior system I'd want anyhow.

Boney

Banned
Man God said:
B&W is terrible.

It was however over hyped more than any game until Fable took its crown.
Even worse then. Why would I want an terrible game on my precious.

AceBandage said:
I have test results that say otherwise.
Stop you're false accusations heathen and go say something nice on my other thread. That's an order.

Vinci

Danish
Stage On said:
I hope it's going to come this year.

I mean seriously knowing it's coming soon who is going to spend money on ds instead of a 3ds now?

Why we still got people buying PS2s every damn month?

ShockingAlberto said:
This is why every 3DS thread is closed.

I am beginning to think the FYAD-style sub-forum for you guys is a great idea.
Realistically we lasted far longer than we should have been able to with how little news we got in this topic.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, what E3 no-show games from our big ‘ol list of 3DS games do you guys expect to make an appearance?

Refresher;

NINTENDO
  • Animal Crossing
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Mario Kart
  • nintendogs + cats
  • Paper Mario
  • PilotWings Resort
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Steel Diver
  • ROCKET
  • Crash-City GP
  • VS-robo

KONAMI
  • Baseball franchise
  • Contra franchise
  • Frogger franchise
  • HIDEO KOJIMA’S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D
  • “The Naked Sample”
  • PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER franchise
  • WINNING ELEVEN franchise

LEVEL-5
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)

MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT
  • BloodRayne: The Shroud
  • A Boy and His Blob
  • Face Racers: Photo Finish
  • Lion’s Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
  • Martha Stewart
  • WonderWorld Amusement Park
  • Marvelous Entertainment
  • BOKUJYOUMONOGATARI 3D (name not final)

SQUARE ENIX
  • CODENAME: Chocobo Racing 3D
  • DRAGON QUEST franchise
  • FINAL FANTASY franchise
  • KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

SEGA
  • Sonic (name not final)
  • Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

NAMCO BANDAI
  • Dragon Ball franchise (name not final)
  • Gundam franchise (name not final)
  • PAC-MAN & GALAGA (name not final)
  • RIDGE RACER (name not final)
  • Super Robot franchise (name not final)

TECMO KOEI GAMES
  • DEAD OR ALIVE 3D (name not final)
  • DYNASTY WARRIORS (name not final)
  • NINJA GAIDEN (name not final)
  • SAMURAI WARRIORS 3D (name not final)

TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE
  • Carnival Games franchise

CAPCOM
  • RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS
  • SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D Edition (name not final)

ELECTRONIC ARTS
  • FIFA Soccer
  • Madden NFL
  • The Sims 3
  • Gameloft
  • Asphalt GT

ATLUS
  • Etrian Odyssey
  • Shin Megami Tensei
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

ACTIVISION
  • DJ Hero 3D

HUDSON SOFT
  • Bomberman franchise
  • DECA SPORTS franchise
  • KORORINPA franchise

HARMONIX
  • Music game

AQ INTERACTIVE
  • cubic ninja

THQ
  • de Blob 2
  • Kung Fu Panda Kaboom of Doom
  • Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet
  • The Penguins of Madagascar
  • Puss N Boots
  • Saints Row: Drive-By

UBISOFT
  • Assassin’s Creed: Lost Legacy
  • Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike
  • Driver® Renegade
  • Hollywood 61 (name not final)
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

WARNER BROTHERS
  • Batman franchise
  • LEGO franchise

ShockingAlberto said:

Not to mention that we'll most likely be hunting this thing down for over a year if we can't find one at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom