• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

everybody shut the fuck up i have an announcement to make!

THE 49ERS HAVE SIGNED QB THAD LEWIS TO A ONE YEAR DEAL

adios kap you piece of trash! niners have found their QB of the future!

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

That price range is insane especially with our other priorities. I rather have broken down Peyton or John Elway comeback at age 55 at that price over Brock Osweiler.

Going by tweets I'm seeing Brock was royally pissed off at the Broncos coaches and front office.

He mad.
I mean, on the one hand, i don't blame him. Probably thinks he could've won them the SB just as easily as Peyton. Probably isn't wrong.

But OTOH, shit happens

For anyone that's curious, Vernon is a slightly above average DE who had the benefit of playing with an amazing DE in Wake and a really good DT in Suh which are responsible for his higher than average sack numbers.

He was pretty good 2 years ago though.

He'll benefit from playing next to Hankins at 3 tech and Snacks as the NT with JPP on the other side with something to prove. The Giants went from having nothing in the cuppard on the defensive line to having what looks to be a very solid line and that's without factoring what Jay Bromley and Odi develop into.

Think about this - before JPP was resigned yesterday, the Giants had Hankins, Odi and Bromley as their primary defensive line players. Add in the possibility of a Noah Spence, Shaq Thompson or another highly rated DT at the #10 spot in the draft and Jerry has completely remade the defensive line top to bottom and added a starting corner opposite DRC. We still need a FS, G, RT and ILB. I'd also like more depth at corner but the Giants have a ton more flexibility going into the draft now.

They spent 114 million to get there....but welcome to three years of bad drafting from about 2009-2012.

Cruz News..

I'm betting they drop his cap number down to the 5-6 million range.

I mean, on the one hand, i don't blame him. Probably thinks he could've won them the SB just as easily as Peyton. Probably isn't wrong.

But OTOH, shit happens

No, because if we didn't play Peyton to win us the Chargers game we wouldn't have secured home field throughout the playoffs.

No way, we win at Foxborough.

I was going to, but I was thinking empty space might be a good thing. I could try putting them mexican hot dog carts and freeways there.

I can see what your saying, something on the bottom might make the whole thing a bit too busy looking in comparison to what it is right now. Either way very nice looking. Wish I could make something like that, but sadly I only have Photoshop + Flash skills. So without Illustrator skills I'm not getting any like that >_>/

LJ11

Tyrod going to get that paper. I'd honestly trade him.

Roman did a fantastic job last year, he put Tyrod in great situations. I love TT, the way he plays but he won't be worth the kind of money he can potentially get if he meets and exceeds last years performance.

Edit: Gilmore getting that paper too. Bills in a tough spot, need to restructure 3 more contracts at the least. Very little cap room.

Tyrod going to get that paper. I'd honestly trade him.

Roman did a fantastic job last year, he put Tyrod in great situations. I love TT, the way he plays but he won't be worth the kind of money he can potentially get if he meets and exceeds last years performance.

i kind of miss roman. even though i had a lot of problems with him when he was here, i see now how creative his run offense was :(

LJ11

i kind of miss roman. even though i had a lot of problems with him when he was here, i see now how creative his run offense was :(

I told my buddy the same shit, hardcore Niners fan. Yeah the redzone O was shit, but QB was an issue and they didn't have many redzone WRs, just Davis and he's not a huge target either. Roman can drive me nuts too at times, O will freeze up, but he does a lot of good things. It's hard to be consistent, if Roman ever figures that part out, fixes some of the play calling, he's going to be one great coach. He literally got Richie Incognito one last pay day.

Godslay

Banned
That price range is insane especially with our other priorities. I rather have broken down Peyton or John Elway comeback at age 55 at that price over Brock Osweiler.

The Broncos went up to $16M if it's to be believed.

Though sources are saying that the Broncos knew that he was distant and there were no negotiations for some period. So does that mean that armed with that knowledge they drove the price up on the Texans? Or did it mean that they honest tried to get him? I don't know...

Besides Elway just shit on him. Goddamn.

Elway on Oz:

“We’ve stayed true to our philosophy of building a team with players who want to be Denver Broncos and want to be here. That’s been a successful approach for us," he said.

"While we did offer a very competitive and fair long-term contract to Brock, we ultimately had to remain disciplined while continuing to assemble a roster that can compete for championships."

The Broncos went up to $16M if it's to be believed.

Though sources are saying that the Broncos knew that he was distant and there were no negotiations for some period. So does that mean that armed with that knowledge they drove the price up on the Texans? Or did it mean that they honest tried to get him? I don't know...

Besides Elway just shit on him. Goddamn.

Elway on Oz:

So I can say this now right? We should have drafted Russell Wilson lol

EDIT: God damn Elway.

Football program's average, the basketball team's probably the worst in Div 1.

Huh, I always did think they were decent for some reason. Now I know.

Believe in JFF & Flash!

Now I know you gave up on Manziel.. You said you did. Don't lie like that.

Browns gonna Brown.

Yeah..

Points for a reference I wasn't expecting today RBH.

What is the plan in Cleveland? I get letting Mack go, but why let young guys like Schwartz and Benjamin go? Somehow that offense will be worse this year than last

Burn it down.

Mitchell Schwartz to the Chiefs :(

This is particularly sad.

Hey, they gave us the 90 million dollar man. Surely that's a fair trade..

cheerleadercrying.gif

JR sweezy's contract is over 7million per year

waht the fuck is even happening right now

bucs gaf your team got swindled by his agent

Fucking hell. I didn't mind the signing until I saw the number. I think there is a decent chance he ends up behind Pamphile and doesn't even start.

$2m less than Mack a year. Would way rather have Mack.

Godslay

Banned
So I can say this now right? We should have drafted Russell Wilson lol

You've been saying it all along, I wasn't a fan of the Oz pick either (during the draft, at the time). It's always 20/20 looking back. Oz was a insurance pick with potential.

But yeah, Wilson would have been a better pick given the circumstances.

You've been saying it all along, I wasn't a fan of the Oz pick either (during the draft, at the time). It's always 20/20 looking back. Oz was a insurance pick with potential.

But yeah, Wilson would have been a better pick given the circumstances.

Time to change your avatar.

:)

Bowser

I find it delightfully odd that the two teams being decimated by FA are the Broncos and the Browns. Talk about two teams who had wildly different seasons...

Afrikan

Free Agents don't want to come to our team because of our Front Office's reputation IMO. We have all this Cap space..lol.. for nothing.

How do yall feel knowing the 9ers are going to be garbage next year? how long until yall start feeling sorry for us real 9er fans?.....(not including the annoying ones)

Blaine fookin Gabbert. :/

Godslay

Banned
Time to change your avatar.

:)

This is a lucky avatar, we won the Superbowl with it. When we get a new QB I'll retire it...

I find it delightfully odd that the two teams being decimated by FA are the Broncos and the Browns. Talk about two teams who had wildly different seasons...

I don't get the decimation talks.

Lost one QB to retirement, one that didn't want to be here.

Lost two defensive starters, one who is damn good, but not the star of the defense and the other who had been replaced by and large by the guy behind him.

Cut an older TE, older OL with injury issues, and a long snapper.

Core of the team is still there.

Free Agents don't want to come to our team because of our Front Office's reputation IMO. We have all this Cap space..lol.. for nothing.

How do yall feel knowing the 9ers are going to be garbage next year? how long until yall start feeling sorry for us?

Blaine fookin Gabbert.
This is what Jed York deserves.

Top Bottom