• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Boss Man

Quick! Super well-deserved.

Still waiting for that first one. I begrudgely congratulate Kings-GAF.
I remember staying up until ~2:00AM on a school night when I was in middle school to watch the Stars win theirs. Will never forget that infamous (totally legit!) crease goal!

Cagey

Banned
Marty will always have his rings and legacy. Devils were not win or bust this year.

I said Kings in 6 to start, actually won my playoff pool with my friends in part due to that. More pissed about how this game went than the loss itself.

Ah well. If I weren't playing the Kings in the SCF, I wanted the Kings to win the Cup. Loved their game, their style. Hats off.

Lol now we know LA fans are not actual hockey fans because they weren't booing Bettman.

:lol that's the fanbase taunt winner, no use in trying to top it.

I have only been a fan for 5 or 6 years but still, its unreal that this is happening.

I was a fan since I was a kid, became a huge fan in the early 90's with Gretzky and ROBITAILLE, when I was like 8. I really thought they were gonna do it in '92/'93, it felt like it HAD to happen. Then it was some pretty dark times.

It was starting to feel like they'd never do it.

WHAT A MAGICAL YEAR. GO KINGS GO!

Parch

The Kings franchise have paid their dues with some lean years. Nice to see them win their first, and I'm glad they could do it at home in front of their fans.
Congrats to the LA Kings.

calder

Good on Mitchell for finally finding a team

Like every year, I'm on "is he gonna drop the Cup" watch. Always a risk of someone with a gimpy shoulder

Goddamn I wish I wasn't banned for so much of the playoffs hahahaha

Oh man this is so great

I hope the police around LA Live are ready :p

Sad they haven't cut to a shot of the city celebrating.....

The cops aren't letting anybody congregate AT ALL. they're forcing them to move to restaurants or leave, etc. Probably won't get much celebration until the people can leave the venue.

Top Bottom