• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

At least they are only down 1, basically took that whole period off. It could have been much worse. They need some Lavi motivational magic.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
k, this is the first episode of hockey I'll be watching since 10 days ago, let's see what this round 2 looks like...

Also just noticed this again when looking at league leaders and it made me sad again:

GAA

1. Cory Schneider VAN 1.31
2. J. Quick LAK 1.55
3. H. Lundqvist NYR 1.68
4. J. Halak STL 1.73
5. M. Smith PHX 1.85

Save %

1. Cory Schneider VAN .960›
2. J. Quick LAK .949
3. M. Smith PHX .946
4. H. Lundqvist NYR .940
5. J. Halak STL .935

Holy shit Glenn Healy is an idiot. I feel like I say that alot...hmmmm

Man look at those shots, 32-12.....for the Devils. What is happening to my team...

RC

Banned
k, this is the first episode of hockey I'll be watching since 10 days ago, let's see what this round 2 looks like...

Also just noticed this again when looking at league leaders and it made me sad again:

GAA

2. J. Quick LAK 1.55
3. H. Lundqvist NYR 1.68
4. J. Halak STL 1.73
5. M. Smith PHX 1.85

Save %

2. J. Quick LAK .949
3. M. Smith PHX .946
4. H. Lundqvist NYR .940
5. J. Halak STL .935

Not bad for a prospect.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You've seemed to have left out the amount of games each goalie has played....hmmmm

cube444

GAA

2. J. Quick LAK 1.55
3. H. Lundqvist NYR 1.68
4. J. Halak STL 1.73
5. M. Smith PHX 1.85

Save %

2. J. Quick LAK .949
3. M. Smith PHX .946
4. H. Lundqvist NYR .940
5. J. Halak STL .935

Two of those guys do not belong on that list.

At least Florida could out skate the Devs on their forecheck. Flyers are just getting caught flat-footed in their zone, they need to beak the forecheck and make pressure.

Keep playing that system that isn't working.

I really dont think it is the system at this point. The Flyers had several chances to put big hits on Devil defensemen and didnt, and they are getting out skated down the ice every single time. The Panthers were up 3-1 and went to OT twice against this Devils team, do you really believe the Panthers are that much more talented then the Flyers? Flyers believed all the talk about them sweeping this series and they just cant get it back now.

Smiley90

You've seemed to have left out the amount of games each goalie has played....hmmmm

Because the league leaders page totally displays that and I cut it out purposely to misinform, right? -conspiracy- I was just too lazy (and sad.)

But just for you:

Regular Season:

Cory Schneider VAN 33 1.96 .937
Roberto Luongo VAN 55 2.41 .919
Carey Price MTL 65 2.43 .916
Peter Budaj MTL 17 2.55 .913

Playoffs:

Cory Schneider VAN 3 1.31 .960
Roberto Luongo VAN 2 3.59 .891 (ew)
Ca-oh who am I kidding.

For the lulz:

Brent Johnson PIT 1 6.00 .667
Sergei BobrovskyPHI 1 8.11 .722

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
LOL Flyers

Series isn't over, though. Flyers will win it, unfortunately. If any team can come back, it's them.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So Rangers VS Devils, Kings VS Coyottes, then Rangers VS Kings, and Rangers win the cup.

Flyers suck, pathetic trap at the end of the period though, was about to fall asleep. My only hope now is that Parise will still not sign with NJ even when they do make it to the next round.

LOL Flyers

Series isn't over, though. Flyers will win it, unfortunately. If any team can come back, it's them.

I still think they come back but they have made this hole almost as deep as it could be. Hopefully Lavi can flip that switch like he did 2 years ago.

Ra\/en

Grats Kings fans. Knocked off Van and St. Louis. I think PHX or NSH are going to be a bit harder for the Kings.

Smiley90

If anyone has been missing them, the IIHF Power Rankings that update everyday(or every 2 days? not sure: http://www.iihf.com/de/competition/272/homeiihf/power-ranking.html) are HILARIOUS, especially coming from the official website:

RUSSIA
Geno is a very dangerous man

SWEDEN
We love playing in front of sold-out arenas

USA
If you're a French-speaking nation, we will beat you

SWITZERLAND
Yo, any other former Soviet republics want a piece of this?

FINLAND
Our mothers taught us never to waste goals

CANADA
Congrats to USA Hockey on the greatest victory in your history

CZECH REPUBLIC
Three goals? Jagr used to get that in one period

LATVIA
DJ Miks always gets the party started for us

GERMANY
Three goals in a row is better than three penalties in a row

ITALY
Wow, was that Giulio Scandella or Guy Lafleur?

FRANCE
Kazakhstan will never trash-talk our croissants in the warm-up again

NORWAY
Could we switch over to cross-country skiing?

DENMARK
There once was a guy named Jannik, whose absence created a panic

SLOVAKIA
It's kind of like last year, without the beating Slovenia part

BELARUS
Is Coach Heikkilä giving all his pump-up speeches in Finnish?

KAZAKHSTAN
Our dream now is to limit Belarus to five goals

t0mp

I still think they come back but they have made this hole almost as deep as it could be. Hopefully Lavi can flip that switch like he did 2 years ago.

enough with these fucking pointless dreams. lavy won't adapt and the team is just drowning. there's no switch when you get fucking raped in so many games.

if lavy could figure out how to get these guys focused every game so he doesn't have to call a timeout 2 minutes into the game would be nice.

both the players and lavy need to fucking sit down and watch tape all night long.

also: giroux's hit was dirty as fuck, and I'm embarrassed to say the least. BUT, with the way suspensions have been handed out, there should be no way he gets 1. No record, no injury.

enough with these fucking pointless dreams. lavy won't adapt and the team is just drowning. there's no switch when you get fucking raped in so many games.

if lavy could figure out how to get these guys focused every game so he doesn't have to call a timeout 2 minutes into the game would be nice.

both the players and lavy need to fucking sit down and watch tape all night long.

Did you think the same thing when they were down 3-0 to the Bruins? The Flyers were 3-0 against this team in the regular season with Bryz, so they must be able to beat them. They look slow and they are getting out worked, I think they can fix both but they need to come out and want it. The Devils are not this much better then the Pens, the Flyers can beat them but getting out shot by 20 isnt going to get it down.

Top Bottom