• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Socreges

Banned
Not sure if you're making a joke or not, but what you didn't finish saying is why I'm actually pissed off.
There IS a double standard, so why doesn't it apply to Giroux?
Not saying he shouldn't be suspended, but based on the precedent set by not setting a precedent(with the Weber incident and others) he should only be fined.
They completely fucked up the Weber and Neal suspensions. Both should have gotten more. Giroux should have gotten more than one game, too, but it's not as bad a decision in this case compared to the other two.

t0mp

They completely fucked up the Weber and Neal suspensions. Both should have gotten more. Giroux should have gotten more than one game, too, but it's not as bad a decision in this case compared to the other two.

well said by you and curufinwe. The only reason why there's any sort of commotion is because the lack of suspension earlier in the playoffs. If Weber were to get a few games in the beginning of the playoffs, and if Neal were to a few, then giroux would be on par to get 2-3. But since Shanny blew it, the whole playoffs have been a joke. It's a real shame.

Cagey

Banned
Just to escape the Rangers echo chamber on the football board I read...

Ovechkin: should he have received a suspension, y/n/m?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I've given up trying to figure out what does and does not earn a suspension.

Gonna be on a plane this evening back up to NY, but I should be able to watch the game on the plane, thank god. Must win tonight!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Please note that in the last pic, the back of his t-shirt has a picture of him loaded from a previous binge session
aA0pU.jpg

UBFbh.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Jamison is a millionaire and from my understanding helped turn the Sharks into a successful franchise, so he must be a smart guy that's doing something right.

He's buying the coyotes.

The coyotes aren't in the middle of silicon valley

cube444

LMAO @ Jagr:

After this morning’s skate, Jagr talked with reporters about how a goal he scored against New Jersey as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 1999 was the biggest in his career and one he believes helped save the franchise. Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger relays Jagr’s tale of Game 6 heroism.

“I came back and I tied it with a minute and a half to go and then I scored in overtime. That was probably my best game ever, I would say. My most important for sure. I’ll probably never score a goal that important. Probably if I hadn’t scored, the team wouldn’t be in Pittsburgh right now. (Sidney) Crosby would be in Kansas City.”

Cactus

Banned

I don't think so. His hit was borderline in every respect, and I don't think it was his intent to hit the head considering the shoulder was the principal point of contact.

rellix

I've given up trying to figure out what does and does not earn a suspension.

Gonna be on a plane this evening back up to NY, but I should be able to watch the game on the plane, thank god. Must win tonight!

initial contact was shoulder and skate was on ice at the time. it's really not that confusing.

Slurmer

Banned
I'd like to make it known that la's success has a good amount to do with richards, yes, but nothing to do with carter..still looks lost out there now that it's the playoffs. Still, those two must be ecstatic to play in front of a guy like quick after dealing with the garbage goaltending in Philly.

For a guy with no history, 1 game is appropriate.

In a vacuum, yeah. With shanahan's track record this playoffs, nope. Neal, a guy with a history, did the same thing twice in under a minute of game time and got 1 game.

Basically, everything everyone else is saying.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jamison is a millionaire and from my understanding helped turn the Sharks into a successful franchise, so he must be a smart guy that's doing something right.

To buy a team that has never turned a profit and is consistently the league-worst in attendance after a decade is incredibly foolish and to think he's going to turn a profit is crazy talk.

I can't believe any legitimate businessman would touch this franchise without the expressed intention of moving it somewhere where it can flourish.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
To buy a team that has never turned a profit and is consistently the league-worst in attendance after a decade is incredibly foolish and to think he's going to turn a profit is crazy talk.

I can't believe any legitimate businessman would touch this franchise without the expressed intention of moving it somewhere where it can flourish.

Gettin em for cheap.

Who knows if he won't move them after or if they build an arena...that's not in the middle of nowhere? :p

Marvie_3

Banned
The Sharks were always a successful franchise. Jamison had nothing to do with it.

That's why this whole thing seems like nonsense. There are plenty of better ownership opportunites out there. I don't know why anyone would throw money away in Phoenix when they could step into an ownership role in a better franchise.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to get on the plane just in time to see Stralman score. Woo!

Alright, switching to Airplane Mode. Let's go Rangers!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Uhhh I would recommend taking that out for anyone who hasn't seen the movie

Top Bottom