• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

Curufinwe

Another brutal turnover behind the net and who knows if Couturier will be back in this series. The defense is a mess and you can't win against a solid team like NJ playing so sloppily.

How many shots do the Flyers have in the last 20 mins? 2 or 3, this is insane to watch. This did not happen once in the regular season, clearly the Devils are the greatest team of the last 40 years.

Brierre so clutch. Every time he scores I want to punch Darcy Regier in the face.

Outdated stats:
The score in the playoffs since July 1, 2007? Danny Briere 36, Buffalo Sabres 33.

That's right, since being let go by the Sabres and signing with Philadelphia, Briere has outscored Buffalo in the postseason. Briere has 36 goals and 69 points in 64 playoff games with the Flyers. The Sabres, meanwhile, scored 18 times against Philly in their first-round loss last year and found the net 15 times against Boston in 2010.

Also, Briere has nine game-winning goals. The Sabres have five.

Alucard

Banned
Just imagine if either one off these two teams actually had a good goalie.

Hawks won with a 2.62 GAA from Niemi, and the Pens won with a 2.61 GAA from Fleury. It's possible.

Brodeur's at 2.14 in these playoffs, with a .919 save percentage.

cube444

Just like last night I have to play the odds and go with the domination of the road teams in OT.

Hartnell with the winner.

Alucard

Banned
Just like last night I have to play the odds and go with the domination of the road teams in OT.

I'm gonna go with Giroux and Elias. Have a feeling the Flyers are going to pull this one off just because of how they've been sticking around. Who knows, though? Hockey's hard to predict, especially in OT.

Flyers looking better at the end of the period and they've already won 2 OTs in the playoffs. I'd give the odds to them too. Hope it's not a 3+ OT event like in the other series. With these goalies I doubt it

ShaneB

As much as I would love another OT marathon, I see this one ending quick on a garbage goal based on a goalie falling asleep.

Alucard

Banned
Bryz is at 3.62 gaa and .879 sv% coming into tonight.

Never said the Flyers had a chance at the Cup. I was laughing when people were saying to just give it to them when they were putting up 8 spots against the Pens. Pens' defense fell apart, and Fleury's play was incomprehensible. Said the Flyers would get bounced if they faced a team with defense and a goalie. If NJ doesn't do it, the Rags would be able to.

cube444

Never said the Flyers had a chance at the Cup. I was laughing when people were saying to just give it to them when they were putting up 8 spots against the Pens. Pens' defense fell apart, and Fleury's play was incomprehensible. Said the Flyers would get bounced if they faced a team with defense and a goalie. If NJ doesn't do it, the Rags would be able to.

The last four teams all look so equal between Caps, Flyers, Rangers and Devils. I don't ever remember this much parity in the league.

Top Bottom