• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm Macdonald Live (youtube, podcast, Amazon Prime) Season 3 |OT| The Book Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Cody

J5oTY3i.png

Season 3:
Episode 1: Stephen Merchant
Episode 2: Bill Hader

Season 2 round-up:
GAF thread
Episode 1: Ray Romano
Episode 2: Adam Sandler
Episode 3: David Spade
Episode 4: Carl Reiner
Episode 5: Fred Willard
Episode 6: Todd Glass Pt. 1
Episode 6: Todd Glass Pt. 2
Episode 7: Bob Saget
Episode 8: David Koechner
Episode 9: Roseanne Barr
Episode 10: Marc Maron
Episode 11: Martin Mull
Episode 12: Jack Carter
---

Season 1 round-up
GAF thread
Episode 1: Super Dave Osborne
Episode 2: Tom Green
Episode 3: Fred Stoller
Episode 4: Russell Brand
Episode 5: Billy Bob Thornton
Episode 6: Kevin Nealon
Episode 7: Larry King
Episode 8: Simon Helberg
Episode 9: Nick Swardson
Episode 10: Andy Dick
Episode 11: Gilbert Gottfried pt. 1
Episode 11: Gilbert Gottfried pt. 2

Norm's "Mangrate" live-read

---

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NormMacdonald

Norm's stand-up dates: http://www.dead-frog.com/comedians/tour_dates/norm_macdonald

mussolman

Norm, it's been to long! Somebody made a 2 and a half hour compilation of the joke reading segment, I never got around to watching it.

OMG.... I'm going to subscribe just for Norm. Totally worth the cash. I'd pay so much to see Norm live.

His sense of humor never fails to make me laugh

tanooki27

a friggin brilliant show. Season 1 was the funniest media I'd seen in years. season 2 seemed to tone down the anarchy, which was disappointing. I only watched a couple eps. anyone got any recommendations for funny season 2 episodes?

"You can't do it, Norm! You're too important!"

Holy shit, the Matlock story.

Also love that the banner for Norm's book comes on right as he says "I hate books."

EDIT: Oh, geeze, and the Dirty Johnny joke at the end...

John Dunbar

correct about everything
good to have the show back, norm is definitely one of the funniest people who ever lived. but it's disappointing he's still giving a platform to that holocaust denier.

Window

Merchant seems visibly agitated from about a quarter of the way through. He really didn't enjoy doing this it seems. Outside of a few snide remarks he really shuts down afterwards. Frankly, Norm doing the same old routine of shocking his guests has gotten a bit old. It doesn't help he uses the same stories. About the only interesting thing in the interview was when he gets serious for a second when Merchant asks him about his stand up.

Wow. Didn't know this show was still going. I've only ever watched clips on Youtube so I'm definitely going to try to keep up with this. Love Norm!

Geeky

Merchant seems visibly agitated from about a quarter of the way through. He really didn't enjoy doing this it seems. Outside of a few snide remarks he really shuts down afterwards. Frankly, Norm doing the same old routine of shocking his guests has gotten a bit old. It doesn't help he uses the same stories.

Yea, this episode was more meandering than usual.

He has used that shocking story to "that guy was a real jerk" like three times.

Even my beloved joke segment at the end was disappointing. The "moustache rides" joke fell flat because of the culture difference.

Hopefully Norm becomes more engaging with his guests in future episodes.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Merchant seems visibly agitated from about a quarter of the way through. He really didn't enjoy doing this it seems. Outside of a few snide remarks he really shuts down afterwards. Frankly, Norm doing the same old routine of shocking his guests has gotten a bit old. It doesn't help he uses the same stories. About the only interesting thing in the interview was when he gets serious for a second when Merchant asks him about his stand up.

i think you're reading way too much into it. merchant is clearly familiar with norm, so i don't believe for a second he didn't know what was coming.

Oh hell yes! I can't believe he's continuing this no money thing but thank god the greatest podcast ever made is getting another run!

eXtv

Banned
Merchant played the straight man and Norm kept raising the bar with his insane depravity, it was great

swarley64

Holy crap, I thought this would never come back!! Are they doing the audio version? The regular podcast feed still ends with season 2.

Window

i think you're reading way too much into it. merchant is clearly familiar with norm, so i don't believe for a second he didn't know what was coming.

I don't know. He brought up Norm's previous interviews and his expectations of the show multiple times. He appeared to be bemused by Norm's jokes and behaviour rather than trying to play the role of a straight man.

Even my beloved joke segment at the end was disappointing. The "moustache rides" joke fell flat because of the culture difference.

This is satire, right?

Dear god. I was in tears for the last hour and 15. That was incredible!

When Merchant asks him about getting sued when he goes back to England and Norm's next joke is why don't Steve and a bunch of his mates go kill the queen. I didn't stop laughing for 5 minutes after. My face hurts.

That Dirty Johnny joke at the end. So good!

I just finished the episode and that was amazing. He may have just topped the moth joke he told on Conan.

Overall solid episode. I like that Merchant was unsettled by all the topics Norm brought up but he used that to bring the funny instead of checking out of the interview.

Norm is Norm, didn't see how this was much different than his other episodes.

vityaz

As some people have mentioned in various places on the internet, Norm seemed somewhat xanaxed or something.

Bummed about there not being any opening remarks with his trusty sidekick Adam Egret in the beginning, and was confused about the lack of him in the rest of the episode.

Also disappointed with Merchant's response to "I mean that guy was a real jerk!".

But overall, good ep. I'm happy he's back, can't wait for the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom