• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Chicago |OT| We Are Awesome! We Are Awesome!

Yup. Reminds me a lot of Flair, Arn Anderson, and other old school guys like that. His moves are crisp and look painful. He sells moves to him. He can also tell a story in the ring. It's why I was overjoyed to see WWE pick him up.

And it's a style that many might find boring in today's breakneck pacex world (especially on NXT) but not me.

This match is perfect body parts selling my god.

Hex

Banned
So fucking tired of injury bullshit gimmicks in these NXT title matches, especially with Roode it seems like every one of his matches is due to some in match injury gimmick,

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
what will happen first, shibata with the iwgp title or itami with the nxt title

trick question, neither will happen

ElRenoRaven

nothing wrong with roode in this match but NXT has trained their crowds to be PWG crowds and want everything to be nonstop gif fest style wrestling

Yup. WWE is why the business is so spotfest now. Look at the two best matches tonight though. UK championship and this match. What do both have in common? They're not spotfest everyone get their moves in and don't sell nothing matches. You have guys going to war, fighting hard, and telling stories in the matches. They're proof you don't have to have all matches be the previous.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That was a great finish. Hold on for a second one just to make sure.

okay i swear that roode has lost a billion teeth in this match

also yeah i agree that the constant injury thing in roode's matches is getting a bit old. him vs nakamura both times had it and so does this

Beefy

Nobody knows!

No. His ROH world title match with Bryan is probably one of the greatest matches of that decade

Itami was amazing 10 years ago.

Even before the injury he was being left in the dust by the other guys in his NXT generation.

He just seems meh, he seems to have no charisma and seems average in the ring. He will be lucky to stay on with all the talent WWE keep signing.

Top Bottom