• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Finally got around to watching HIAC. Interesting to see that Triple H is actually Vacant/Abeyance after all these years. That explains why he's been champ so many times in various promotions.

I find HHH fascinating. 10 years ago plenty people (including myself) complained how overpushed he was and ten years later he's STILL getting the most tv time out of anyone.

gurudyne

I find HHH fascinating. 10 years ago plenty people (including myself) complained how overpushed he was and ten years later he's STILL getting the most tv time out of anyone.

Not the most. He's barely on TV at all, it's just that when he is, he's almost never vulnerable. He's almost a Mary Sue in a villain role, and loses about as often. Obviously, it doesn't work in a wrestling setting (outside of traveling shows from the vaudeville days, but I doubt that's where Haitch takes his inspiration.)

Joe has only been champ once? Wtf

nftqZ8O.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Twice in a life time is the most annoying match of the whole WM mode. Once you get to the end where both of you have infinite finishers and Rock reverses all of them, even on easy I can't finish the match.

EC3.
Sitting here watching some wrasstlin eating candy reading my fellow wrasstleGAF post. Wouldn't have it any other way. No matter our differing opinions on TNA. Happy holloween guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really can't believe that Vince thought the WBF was a good idea. That's far crazier than the XFL.

It was used to push ICOPRO! It wasn't crazy!

Far cheaper investment too. XFL is insane money.

John Cena just will not learn about respect!

After seeing that Kidman botch, I needed to take my mind off it with a glorious SSP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqW8oJ6QlAs

Goddamn cameraman...
I always liked this one
I'm still not sure how Mercedes KV (now Sasha) got picked over Ivy Fit when they were both scouted from the same match. Okay so Sasha Banks isn't awful in NXT exactly, but Ivy Fit actually is far more suited to WWE style already.
Ivy Fit ain't Snoop Dogg's cousin
I think Pancake Patterson could take them all in a gauntlet match.
because he FLATTENS FOOLS

Ooooooh. So this is how they decide who's gonna be the eight entrant?
I think there was a moment of intimacy between the bad influence members right now.

Kaladin

The whole Summer (more like Fall) of AJ angle is such a blatant copy of WWE it's pathetic.

It doesn't help that Ring of Honor is doing the same damn thing at the same damn time, they're just a chapter or two ahead with the "real world champ" returning with his own belt after the title tournament.

Now we just need AJ to post a picture of the Impact Wrestling belt in his fridge with some cheap redneck beer next to it.

Alucard

Banned
The whole Summer (more like Fall) of AJ angle is such a blatant copy of WWE it's pathetic.

It doesn't help that Ring of Honor is doing the same damn thing at the same damn time, they're just a chapter or two ahead with the "real world champ" returning with his own belt after the title tournament.

Now we just need AJ to post a picture of the Impact Wrestling belt in his fridge with some cheap redneck beer next to it.

...except that AJ is actually wrestling in Mexico this weekend, and will likely do some matches in Japan with the belt as well. Don't expect to see him in a live capacity for at least a month or two.

And yaaaay! It's a title tournament and not an eight-man rumble for the belt!

I <3 tournaments in wrestling.

Well in TNA and ROH cases the execution seems to be way better than what we got on WWE.

Kaladin

...except that AJ is actually wrestling in Mexico this weekend, and will likely do some matches in Japan with the belt as well. Don't expect to see him in a live capacity for at least a month or two.

And yaaaay! It's a title tournament and not an eight-man rumble for the belt!

I <3 tournaments in wrestling.

Well, they can correct WWE's mistakes because they have those relationships in place which WWE doesn't. The best CM Punk could have done was defend the title on FCW.

And at least it's not a reverse battle royal for the belt, or a round robin BFG style tournament that makes no sense in the end.

You guys are weird.

Watching Impact now. Have heard that the main event is awesome.
And you are a jerk. We can still be friends but know you tore up a bit of our friendship by calling me weird. I also like tournaments for belts.

By the way does it bother people to see similar storylines in different wrestling promotions? I mean how many storylines can they do in wrestling until they just start copying each other?

That fall away slam looked like it hurt a lot.

somedevil

Well in TNA and ROH cases the execution seems to be way better than what we got on WWE.

lol, TNA didn't do right. After he won the title at bound for glory saying he will make Dixie pay. He showed up in Utah without a contract paying for his own flight to be there. Then he decided to have a match for free on Dixie Show for a rematch that wouldn't happen because he has no contract. So he had a match where he could be easily screwed out of the title.

Yeah, done right.

Alucard

Banned
And you are a jerk. We can still be friends but know you tore up a bit of our friendship by calling me weird. I also like tournaments for belts.

By the way does it bother people to see similar storylines in different wrestling promotions? I mean how many storylines can they do in wrestling until they just start copying each other?

That fall away slam looked like it hurt a lot.

I'm not bothered at all by wrestling stories being repeated. It's the cyclical nature of the industry. Same deal with movies, music, etc.

Alucard

Banned
lol, TNA didn't do right. After he won the title at bound for glory saying he will make Dixie pay. He showed up in Utah without a contract paying for his own flight to be there. Then he decided to have a match for free on Dixie Show for a rematch that wouldn't happen because he has no contract. So he had a match where he could be easily screwed out of the title.

Yeah, done right.

It worked for me. He did it to prove a point to Dixie...that she can't screw someone any time she wants, and he also said he accepted the rematch because "that's what a champion does." I think it's consistent with his character. He's a fighter who's pissed at Dixie for messing up the company.

somedevil

It worked for me. He did it to prove a point to Dixie...that she can't screw someone any time she wants, and he also said he accepted the rematch because "that's what a champion does." I think it's consistent with his character. He's a fighter who's pissed at Dixie for messing up the company.

Don't say that to Alvarez he blew a gasket at this angle. He was so pissed at Dixie he wrestled on her show? Then he committed grand theft auto.

The whole problem with the angle is that its to soon to do this angle. Its true angles repeat themselves but not after 2 years where its fresh in everyone's mind.

I like to imagine alternate universes where John Cena does the rapper gimmick for the entirety of his tenure at the top. Would it have been less annoying, or more, than weird preacher "talking about nothing" Cena?

Edit: There's nothing wrong with reusing a wrestling angle, but to do it only two years after an INCREDIBLY hot (for a time) angle right when your company is looking like it might finally collapse? It reeks of desperation, not to mention ineptitude and lack of creativity. Whereas WWE is just inept, but in a still-watchable way (at least until the last few weeks).

Yeah I thought it was handled well. His whole "that's what a champion does" attitude is cool. He's gonna wrestle in Mexico against Mesias if I'm remembering correctly. So I'm looking forward to seeing that whenever I can.

Alucard

Banned
Don't say that to Alvarez he blew a gasket at this angle. He was so pissed at Dixie he wrestled on her show? Then he committed grand theft auto.

The whole problem with the angle is that its to soon to do this angle. Its true angles repeat themselves but not after 2 years where its fresh in everyone's mind.

Alvarez is a personality who blows his gasket for site hits.

And while the AJ/Punk comparisons can certainly be made, I think there are enough differences to make them unique. Punk hated Cena, a wresler, and what he stood for...AJ hates what Dixie, the owner of the promotion, has done to a company he helped to build. I'm being entertained either way. I loved Dixie's "Welcome Back, AJ!" sign last week, and their whole exchange was great to me.

To each their own.

Top Bottom