• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time |OT| Happy Endings Gone Forever More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
Aw yeahhhh shit just got real
Motivations revealed for both protagonists
The mystery of the Stranger in Town
Emma is getting really tough now
So good

Medalion

Banned
The Curse that Rumplestiltskin gave to the Dark Queen served a more selfish purpose... it wasn't just to give her what she wanted, but what he wanted... to go to the non-magic world which is ours, so he could be reunited with his long estranged son, who's still out there and pissed at him. He was tipped off by the Fairy that a curse could bring them to the non-magic world, not a good spell...and his humanity was left when his son was parted from him.

I really hate seeing that pussy whipped reporter, it's beyond sad.

I bet this show will go full circle and let us know that
Rumplestilkin's son is Henry's father

I don't get Regina sometimes (obviously, I am not a murdering evil fairytale Queen), but her reactions seem so off-base considering what just happened. She knew that Emma knew her story was BS, yet pretends like there won't be any consequence at all. I would be increasingly worried about how close Emma gets to exposing her and take some measures to take her off the board.

Arment

I'm a tad disappointed in how August turned out in the end. I thought it was truly fitting for him to be Rumple's son but they flipped it again to make him some guy who is sick and needs magic. Perhaps he'll be something more, but I wanted him to be a good guy.

Ratings seem to be settling into the 8 - 9 million range ever since they decided to mess with the schedule. They need to stop that.

Medalion

Banned
The Fairy says our world has absolutely no magic, that's why Rumplestiltskin was to be sent there with his son. Boy, that's bad news for the Mad Hatter then... but there's nothing saying that science couldn't accomplish the job, or is that taking things from Fantasy to Sci-Fi?

I really hope the writers use the hiatus to really get the canon in order. There seems to be a lot of plot points that might potentially contradict with other issues.

Plus, it would be nice to have a more defined look at exactly what the fairy tale world looks like. There seems to be so many kingdoms, types of "ultimate" magic, etc. I'd like to know where everyone stands in terms of who the ultimate rulers are.

From the previews and a spoilerish commerical where
Emma and townsfolk confront the mayor with physical force if my memory is correct
. I really wonder how long the premise of not remembering can go on. Furthermore, yes David lied to Mary Margaret but really how long can they keep them not being together in Storybrooke? Surely she'll get over it soon enough. Some of the plotlines to keep them apart will surely venture into the absurd I think.

No, he didn't. He ran off, he's still in Storybrooke. The scene at the end was to show what his life was after the Queen of Hearts sentenced him to find his way home by building his magical hat for all eternity.

I think he fell through the hat that Emma created for him. But we'll see.

Medalion

Banned
I take back what I said about no magic in fhis world...
There clearly was, cuz Regina used it to kill the original Sheriff

But perhaps there are stipulations to working there, maybe it only works in Storybrooke, in a certain part of it, after all, she had to travel elsewhere to make that killing spell work.

But perhaps there are stipulations to working there, maybe it only works in Storybrooke, in a certain part of it, after all, she had to travel elsewhere to make that killing spell work.

Or maybe only Regina can still use magic because she invoked the curse.

Medalion

Banned
He made a sacrifice in his view, he lost his son and his remaining humanity

He's still powerful, Regina still fears Mr.Gold and asks for his help

He made a sacrifice in his view, he lost his son and his remaining humanity

Yes, but that's not specifically related to the curse. A lot of characters have made sacrifices in the fairytale world.

But Regina actually physically sacrificed something during a ritual to invoke the curse. Her sacrifice is what caused the it to take effect. I think that, if anything, would give her special privileges.

Plus, another thing I was thinking about after last night. Rumple broke his word to his son after a deal was struck, that must have some repercussions.

Regina made an actual sacrifice.

Regina fears him because he's still nasty, regardless. And he knows. Their conversation at the end of episode two was amazing.

Medalion

Banned
Yes, but that's not specifically related to the curse. A lot of characters have made sacrifices in the fairytale world.

But Regina actually physically sacrificed something during a ritual to invoke the curse. Her sacrifice is what caused the it to take effect. I think that, if anything, would give her special privileges.
The sacrifice may have helped to create the curse to invoke, and if it protected his memory, perhaps it protected other things like some influence cuz again Regina knows not to cross Mr.Gold

The sacrifice may have helped to create the curse to invoke, and if it protected his memory, perhaps it protected other things like some influence cuz again Regina knows not to cross Mr.Gold

That's one thing the show is a bit iffy on to me. Obviously Mr. Gold's deal with Regina is still in effect in the real world since it's been demonstrated, but is that only because that was a stipulation of the deal when it was made, or is it because Regina is involved?

We've never seen anyone else actually break a deal with him in the real world, but if they did, would anything happen? And why did nothing happen when he broke the deal with his son in the FT world?

This is a plot point that I think needs more explanation. (Along with Emma's "superpower".)

SuperPac

Right, when she offed the Sheriff she was in that room with all the heart boxes, right? (Which ostensibly was the same room shown in the fairytale world?) And I do think/want to believe Emma did end up sending the Hatter through that hat. He said that she was special/could use magic, so that would explain in part why August is so interested in getting Emma to believe/see.

Who did August call about needing to speed up the plan - Henry? Someone else? I really didn't quite get that part.

Medalion

Banned
If you believe... You can use magic

That is straight up outta Fairy Tales

Sure I could see that

Maybe that is why the Hat worked, cuz she believed for a moment, if even a little bit

If you believe... You can use magic

That is straight up outta Fairy Tales

Sure I could see that

Maybe that is why the Hat worked, cuz she believed for a moment, if even a little bit

I think Emma is magic. Or at least can utilize magic because that's where she came from.

There's literally no reason for Emma to believe at that point (or yet, to be honest).

Well Emma has magic. I assume that the magic log she was in as a baby allowed to bring what magic she had to the real world. Doesn't explain how Regina has magic.

And the stranger who knows the truth about the town, who is he really? And where is Rumplestilskin's son?

Medalion

Banned
August has been annoying with his crypticness, him being Rumple's son would give him a purpose

Him having a sickness, and being from Fairy tale world, booooooring, just like before

Without having read or seen previews, I'm assuming that August is really
Pinnochio. It makes perfect sense as per his sickness as well as how he was unaffected by the curse. He's a REAL BOY.

SuperPac

So, what's the likelihood this'll be picked up for a second season? With 3 more episodes to go I would imagine we're probably not going to get a "real" ending, eh?

Right, when she offed the Sheriff she was in that room with all the heart boxes, right? (Which ostensibly was the same room shown in the fairytale world?) And I do think/want to believe Emma did end up sending the Hatter through that hat. He said that she was special/could use magic, so that would explain in part why August is so interested in getting Emma to believe/see.

Who did August call about needing to speed up the plan - Henry? Someone else? I really didn't quite get that part.

I think it was the Blue Fairy / Mother Superior of the Nuns. I remember when he speaks to Gold, he said a fairy told him
which also ties in with the theory that August is Pinocchio

I think Emma is magic. Or at least can utilize magic because that's where she came from.

There's literally no reason for Emma to believe at that point (or yet, to be honest).

Well, the Mad Hatter says that only Emma can use magic in this world, so magic does exist or it was brought in with the rest of the fairy tales characters.

Reading this thread without any idea what is happening in this show is really funny.

It all depends on if you even moderately liked Lost.

This show basically is Lost in a different skin. All the same beats are there, straight down to the outro riffs. The season's big mystery even follows the same laggy path as The Hatch.

It's a mix of good episodes and really shitty episodes, just like Lost.

I'm thinking it's either Baelfire or the Blue Fairy which
the episode lends to saying there is much MUCH more to her than meets the eye. There is also some sort of implication that she definitely has an agenda of her own since she pretty much told Bae that the only way to break the curse was to banish Rumple from the world, which we all know isn't the only way to break it (true love's kiss with Belle)

And Emma is special, she is the only one from the FT world that wasn't affected by the Queen's influence OR curse.

aett

Yeah, I like the strong implication that there is something sinister about the faeries, which was first mentioned when Rumple killed Cinderella's faerie godmother. Now they mentioned some creepy, possibly malevolent spirit of the night and it turns out to be the Blue Faerie. Grumpy's love interest seemed innocent enough, and all the faeries are nuns in our world, but it really seems like there's more to them.

August has been annoying with his crypticness, him being Rumple's son would give him a purpose

Him having a sickness, and being from Fairy tale world, booooooring, just like before

Well, I frequent a couple of other forums and a lot of people think he is Pinocchio(whom the next episode is about) and he is said to be in league with the Blue Fairy (who in the original story created him) and Baelfire who
looks an awful lot like Henry as a boy...

I know a lot of people wanted him to be Bae, but August even said in the actual episode, " do I even LOOK like him?" which I always thought the theory of him being Bae was off simply because of how closely they have been casting. How does one go from being dark hair/dark eyes to red-brown hair/blue eyes? Doesn't make sense. The puppet had red hair though... And what I think is
he needs magic to survive because he was made from a fuggin tree and the magic that had originally made him human has been slowly wearing off... Explains his "stiff" leg and it is probably painful to be slowly turning back to wood since you begin to lose function in your human body, like veins and stuff being pinched and closed off/rendered useless :(

SuperPac

Heard an interesting theory about the finale -

That perhaps Henry is Bae and Emma's child (apparently there was some hint that Henry's father was a firefighter and that connects it somehow?). And that while a custody battle is about to ensue between Emma and Regina, that there could be a surprise ending where Gold comes in and claims he's the boy's grandfather. *GASP!* Meaning too maybe we'd get to meet Bae by then.

BTW the writer of the last episode (Jane Espensen) tweeted that August was talking to Henry on the phone - not mother superior/the blue fairy. Strange conversation to have with Henry though - "it's not working, we need to speed up the plan"? Did August tell Henry that he was sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom