• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita/ JRPG) announced for western release

sublimit

Banned
....yeah OK whatever, I'm going to take a dump before bed now and play some Blitzball so I can get that damned Sigil.

Pretty sure the FF X/X2 HD remaster sales reminded them of its existence. Doesn't have to be something big and new exclusive but I can live with more ports (FF XII HD, Type 0 HD, DQ8).

If two ports that took them forever to release is proof of how SE remembers Vita exists then ok...

Shengar

ibs28YFWKMboSt.jpg

My face when woke up in the middle of the night, and saw the three annouencements

Joqu

I just hope the first game still makes it over somehow, but at this point it's starting to become very doubtful. :/

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I just hope the first game still makes it over somehow, but at this point it's starting to become very doubtful. :/

Considering that it was never localized I doubt it. Even more so when it would have to compete with the 2nd version that is just a massive improvement over the original visually. People are just going to have to bite the bullet and import it from the JPSN if they really want it.

koutoru

Maybe they're just getting some of the obvious localization announcements out of the way so they can focus more on PS4 leading up to E3.

Whatever the case is, still glad to be getting these games.

Joqu

Considering that it was never localized I doubt it. Even more so when it would have to compete with the 2nd version that is just a massive improvement over the original visually. People are just going to have to bite the bullet and import it from the JPSN if they really want it.

Ah well I was saying that because there was some interest from Gaijinworks but costs were too high at the time from what I understand. Now I'm guessing this hasn't changed because of the state of the PSP market and all that but maybe it still has a change if this game is a success? I don't know but it just looks so good. :(

Shouta

OMFG, it's coming?

TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW!

The first game and the remake on the PSP are ABSOLUTELY amazing. HIGHLY recommended

Shouta

How would a monolingual-ite like me go about playing those?

Pray your memory is good enough to remember all the chinese characters, lol.

I wish I had the time because Oreshika 1 is one of the games I'd love to fan translate. It's a really amazing game, easily one of the best on the PS1/PSP. It'll appeal to folks that enjoy scenario games (or games focused on the atmosphere and setting), or are really into tweaking and creating fantastic characters ala Pokemon.

If it's like the PSP version, there's also a variable difficulty setting so that you can change the pace of how you play with ones that just make it easy to go through the story or a setting that makes it a long, tough adventure. You can easily change it mid-game too.

Takao

Banned
Maybe they're just getting some of the obvious localization announcements out of the way so they can focus more on PS4 leading up to E3.

Whatever the case is, still glad to be getting these games.

This is a confusing statement because it implies that there was ever a possibility where Sony focused more on Vita at E3 than PS4. That was never going to happen.

injurai

Banned

I wish I had the time because Oreshika 1 is one of the games I'd love to fan translate. It's a really amazing game, easily one of the best on the PS1/PSP. It'll appeal to folks that enjoy scenario games (or games focused on the atmosphere and setting), or are really into tweaking and creating fantastic characters ala Pokemon.

If it's like the PSP version, there's also a variable difficulty setting so that you can change the pace of how you play with ones that just make it easy to go through the story or a setting that makes it a long, tough adventure. You can easily change it mid-game too.

Game sounds awesome. Maybe the Localisation of the sequel will spawn a fan translation.

Squire

Banned

What? Holy shit, that sounds good. I love when devs include options like that. We need confirmation on this stuff for the sequel, stat.

Shengar

OMFG, it's coming?

TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW!

The first game and the remake on the PSP are ABSOLUTELY amazing. HIGHLY recommended

I'll pick it up when my Japanese is sufficient to navigate through the menu lol
Seriously it'll be long before I can touch :(

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

And this is why I think we can be friends. lol. Game really is for those who love to "grow" characters so to speak. Its why I love stuff like Dragon Quest Monsters. Cept with this game its with humans lol. Not exactly but you get the picture.

Hah thank you, must have gleaned over it looking for a more concise title.

Seems like this is all we have to go off of for the time being.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, I remember reading about the PS1 "Over My Dead Body" years upon years ago... figuring it was one of those offbeat RPGs that would never see our shores. This is such awesome news, those screens look really good.

Kimppis

Just ordered Vita a few days ago and it will probably arrive tomorrow... OMG WHAT IS THIS!? It's alive? Looks promising. Amazing JP boxart, btw.

So the first game came out for PSP and only in Japan? Too bad. :/

Shouta

What? Holy shit, that sounds good. I love when devs include options like that. We need confirmation on this stuff for the sequel, stat.

It was a pretty wild slider. If you found the hardest setting too punishing and draining on your resources, you could swap to the easier one for a time to gather a better base of resources to work from then go back. This was actually kind of important because the game is brutal at harder settings. Characters get injured and die so if one of your best chars kicked the bucket during a mission, you'd have to restart an entire lineage from scratch, lol.

I am really surprised they are not translating the name. I think "over my dead body" rolls off the tongue a lot better than "oreshika". Glad it's coming out though, will buy.

leroidys

This looks really interesting.

If vita is only going to get a few original exclusives a year, I would much rather them be wholly original games like this, Gravity Rush, or Tearaway than Epic JRPG #389 Vita or Brown Shooter #27374 Vita.

Or Patapon 4. SONY PLS

injurai

Banned
It was a pretty wild slider. If you found the hardest setting too punishing and draining on your resources, you could swap to the easier one for a time to gather a better base of resources to work from then go back. This was actually kind of important because the game is brutal at harder settings. Characters get injured and die so if one of your best chars kicked the bucket during a mission, you'd have to restart an entire lineage from scratch, lol.

Sounds similar to those "new age mechanics" everyone raves about in Bravely Default. Except the game came out in 1999, and the mechanics seem even better integrated to the system at large. I always wondered why there was never a game that used a woodblock painting art direction. The new 3D art looks just as good.

ramyeon

I am really surprised they are not translating the name. I think "over my dead body" rolls off the tongue a lot better than "oreshika". Glad it's coming out though, will buy.
Except it's actually a really off translation. "Over My Dead Body" in English is used when you're saying you will stop something from happening. The title of this game is someone telling their offspring to walk over their dead body and continue in their footsteps. It's a totally different connotation and I can't think of an English phrase that really properly captures it in few enough words to be a title.

cj_iwakura

So who's localizing it? Lends a lot of credence to the theory that Victor Ireland's mysterious PSP title is the first Oreshika.

Shinriji

So who's localizing it? Lends a lot of credence to the theory that Victor Ireland's mysterious PSP title is the first Oreshika.

It is not. Vic said this today on Gaijinworks forum. "Now that this is finally public, I can praise the decision to bring it over. However, probably as a result of this, we weren't able to license the first one. Tried multiple times and failed."

Oreshika 2 was probably the game that he hinted some months ago here.

Top Bottom