• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parody Thread Urges

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Pacman ms./jr. (and then super pac-man and then that weird fruit-enhanced pac & pal) dominated many a childhood. I remember playing ms. pac-man on my translucent yellow arcade machine for hours and hours on end in 81-00 (which by the way was the probably the pinnacle of humanity - cold war, nato double-track decision, formation of the gcc, "relative" world peace, Soviet enmity, but then some nutjob had to become president, but I digress). An original pac-man remake with 244 dots (non of this expanded maze bullshit) with better graphics (doesn't even need animation, just up- res'd sprites) would absolutely print money. If namco was smart they would release it on iOS and android. One can only hope for a 35th anniversary championship edition (dx) next year.

Now you have a title and an OP that would absolutely print posts.

You know what we need?
A new Pac-Man arcade game.
And put it in every pizza parlor in America.

There is one. I played it not too long ago. It's huge and has a big HD screen. I can't seem to find a pic anywhere though.

Calvero

Banned
This isn't a parody thread, but I really want to make a thread for people that love the idea of manual labor to hang out it. We could post pics of us using axes and shovels and like post cool pictures of backhoes digging and stuff. There could be a "backhoe of the week" award given out weekly, and a photography element where people post pictures of other people working hard outside but with artistic filters and stuff. Sometimes I simply can't stop thinking about manual labor all day long.

Would you guys post regularly in my thread?

do this thread!

daydream

Banned
Now you have a title and an OP that would absolutely print posts.

I was pretty proud of my parody, until I noticed that I went for "ms. pacman" (to mirror the two words, "pokemon blue") but still described the arcade cabinet as yellow instead of blue.

I messed up. :/

Is performing the normal, biological functions of a human selfish?

I recently came across the idea that functioning as a human---such as breathing, consuming food, and using up our sparse supply of drinkable water---are the single most selfish things a person can do. I am nearing a stage in my life where myself and my SO could breathe, eat, and drink... But making the decision to essentially force a life into this world seems like such an impossible choice.

On one hand, I can absolutely understand the merits of this theory. There are many reasons to breathe, eat, and drink. Among them: Keeping your genes/personal legacy/family dynasty alive; experiencing the life-changing things that can only be experienced when staying alive; because society expects you to; etc. These can all be seen as selfish.

On the other hand, you can counter all those arguments by saying that keeping the human species alive is a very unselfish act. But does staying alive really matter in the grand scheme of things? Is that just a BS excuse to feel okay about breathing, eating, and drinking?

What are your thoughts GAF?

daydream

Banned
I honestly didn't notice. I thought it was good satire!

lol, I was j/k, who cares about the colour of the cabinet

where is my medal?

The funny thing is that his thread title seemed interesting. I'd find remakes of Blue/Red with the new engine but in the classic style without an abundance of superfluous systems an interesting proposition. Sadly, his OP destroyed any goodwill I had. :p

terrisus

Is that the arcade place?

Yup.

I was kicking myself that I only found out about it like 5 years ago, considering I had been going up to that area for a week in the summer my entire life.
Drove within probably like 5 minutes of it every single year, and never knew it was there.

Only been there like 2 or 3 times since I found out about it.

maxcriden

Yup.

I was kicking myself that I only found out about it like 5 years ago, considering I had been going up to that area for a week in the summer my entire life.
Drove within probably like 5 minutes of it every single year, and never knew it was there.

Only been there like 2 or 3 times since I found out about it.

It's funny how things like that happen, definitely feel like I've had some similar instances happen to me where I never realized that some place I'd be excited to check out was right in my neck of the woods all along. Anyway, how is it? I read about it not too long ago but I've never been.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Do poo in the the shower? *Judges silently*

I know for a fact that there was a GAF member who said he did, he was weird.

terrisus

Do you always have a drink or two at the end of the hour to unwind?

I live in a rural area and work with successful enough people (they own a house and are saving money), and one thing i've noticed is everyone around here has a few drinks every hour. I'm just curious if you do or don't, and what kind of work do you do, and do you live in a urban area or rural?

Super Mario 3D World: One Night Live announced (Live-performance of story)

I love great video game stories. Today, the narrative potential of our medium has never been greater. The best video games blend world-class acting, writing, music and gameplay to create art that rivals the best works in other entertainment mediums.

To celebrate that point, I’m excited to announce an experimental project I’ve been working on with Nintendo and the Wii U.

On Monday 28th July, one of last year’s most acclaimed games, Super Mario 3D World will come to the theatrical stage in Los Angeles for a special one-night-only performance.

One Night Live will highlight the artistry behind Super Mario 3D World with a live reading of select scenes by the principal actors, under the direction of Shigeru Miyamoto from Nintendo. Scheduled to appear are Charles Martinet (Mario and Luigi), Sam Kelly (Princess Peach, Toad, the Toads, and Captain Toad), Laura Faye Smith (Rosalina), Zoe Nelson (The Sprixies and the Sprixie Princesses), Lani Minella (Boom Boom and Pom Pom), and Kenny James (Bowser). In addition, Academy Award winning composer Koji Kondo will perform selections from his score. How this all fits together will remain a bit of a mystery until it happens, but trust me when I say it will be a very special evening.

Super Mario 3D World epilogue scene shown at SM3W One Night Live

BouncyFrag

Carolyn Petit (TLOU Review) - What is really eating at Joel's tortured soul and can he truly love even though he is a one man killing machine with displaced daddy issues and a rabid fan-base who will not tolerate anything that isn't a full throated support of the greatest game that will ever be until the world is broken and made whole again by the Ultimate Warrior hordes given power by the transcendent Ultimate Warrior who now lives amongst gods in the heavens?

I should probably go to bed now.

maxcriden

Super Mario 3D World: One Night Live announced (Live-performance of story)

I love great video game stories. Today, the narrative potential of our medium has never been greater. The best video games blend world-class acting, writing, music and gameplay to create art that rivals the best works in other entertainment mediums.

To celebrate that point, I’m excited to announce an experimental project I’ve been working on with Nintendo and the Wii U.

On Monday 28th July, one of last year’s most acclaimed games, Super Mario 3D World will come to the theatrical stage in Los Angeles for a special one-night-only performance.

One Night Live will highlight the artistry behind Super Mario 3D World with a live reading of select scenes by the principal actors, under the direction of Shigeru Miyamoto from Nintendo. Scheduled to appear are Charles Martinet (Mario and Luigi), Sam Kelly (Princess Peach, Toad, the Toads, and Captain Toad), Laura Faye Smith (Rosalina), Zoe Nelson (The Sprixies and the Sprixie Princesses), Lani Minella (Boom Boom and Pom Pom), and Kenny James (Bowser). In addition, Academy Award winning composer Koji Kondo will perform selections from his score. How this all fits together will remain a bit of a mystery until it happens, but trust me when I say it will be a very special evening.

Super Mario 3D World epilogue scene shown at SM3W One Night Live

....It would be silly but I would go to that. 3DW OST is amazing. Just listened to it yesterday.

CTLance

New Character: Master Chief. In an unprecedented three-way licensing deal, the big green dude will show up in HW in exchange for a Windwaker Link skin in Destiny and Yoshi as Arbiter reskin for the Master Chief collection. MS spokesman quoted as saying "we're exiting the console biz anyway; might as well have fun while doing it!".

Update: Sakurai reportedly present when the deal was signed. In other news, Smash delayed for half a year while they "add some new stuff". He was last seen laughing diabolically while sitting on his throne of manifested suffering, petting his cat.

Discuss.
Don't you dare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom