• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Persona" YouTube clips getting hit by copyright claims from... a Russian actress?

Is anyone trying to contact google/youtube about this? Call support or something? I don't understand why we aren't swarming them with complaints right now.

Good luck actually getting hold of a real person. All their copyright shit is automated.

Road

Google just gets worse and worse. Sad.

There must be one of those whoever internet bloggers who can bring awareness to Google about this.

LDYigjD.png

We've got our own "hit squad"?

You would think Youtube will check copyright claims before they go delete/suspend everything =/

Not a very good hitman if he/she announces his/her employer to the world first chance he/she gets.

LDYigjD.png

We've got our own "hit squad"?

You would think Youtube will check copyright claims before they go delete/suspend everything =/

The number of claims they recieve per day probably means it's easier to remove it and let the video uploader appeal, than to investigate each case on it's own merits.

I once had a video removed for using, literally, 10 seconds of a song. I appealed it based on fair usage and that it was non-profit, but the whole thing was very annoying.

Okay, the comments are getting to be really mean. I know YouTube doesn't have any sort of moderation, but the derogatory terms are definitely uncalled for and it makes you look just as bad as whomever did what they did.

Tis' one of the many sad things about internet backlash on youtube. Nobody looks good by the end of it.

I don't think that youtube has a blanket report function for making reports against all videos on the site that contain a specified word.

In other words you have to manually make claims against each and every video.

randomkid

Nachos

Wtf? Can anyone translate it better?

If she didn't mean to do it (which I don't believe) is there anything I can tell her to do now, or is the damage done?

Good Heavens, I don't even know what this game is...Perhaps something went wrong...Somewhere...Now as for what to do about it...If our name is listed as such...We personally...Can't claim responsibility.

Now as for why they used so many ellipses, I don't know. Though, it would allow the response to be parsed by automatic translators better, but praising them for that knid of foresight might be giving them too much credit.

Okay, the comments are getting to be really mean. I know YouTube doesn't have any sort of moderation, but the derogatory terms are definitely uncalled for and it makes you look just as bad as whomever did what they did.

You tube comments are basically like posts from 4chan

MAiKU

Neo Member
Good luck actually getting hold of a real person. All their copyright shit is automated.

Welp, as i suspected, its waaay too late to get a hold of anyone. "because google doesn't authorize support at this time please go to blah blah blah blah blah...."

I guess i'll try tomorrow before classes unless one of you beats me to it.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I feel like I need to make a video just saying Persona over and over, only put the word Persona in the description, and see if it gets flagged.

Yeah I know. I've just been making joke comments about calling Spooky and such. But then you see all of the closet racist arseholes come out and start shouting "commie slut" or other names.
Stupid. I wonder if Atlus are proud of their fanbase?

U2NUMB

She.. she has 2 subscribers wow

As someone who runs a gaming channel this copyright crap keeps me up at night. We have had 2 scares.. one took months to clean up.

Really annoying how youtube handles this crap.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

As someone who runs a gaming channel this copyright crap keeps me up at night. We have had 2 scares.. one took months to clean up.

Upload all your content on other video hosting sites if you want this to change.

Competition is the only thing that will fix this.

Are you partnered? Because I am and you're generally safe from copyright strikes. That's the problem with the channels that have been flagged(and I know I'm going to get shat on) but filing a copyright against those channels is fair, BUT(BUT BUT BUT BUT) only from Atlus themselves. Not some random person like Steve Jones. Getting partnered helps though, but those types of music channels are easy targets.
I have one Persona video on my channel which is of a fighting game match so it's not going to get copyrighted, and if it does, it has to go through my parter.

Webby111

Neo Member
Well after 35 emails and having to navigate the russian youtube page to help her she has said this now.
Not sure how long it is going to take.
написала...отозвала претензию от 7 сентября...Спасибо за помощь..))
wrote ... withdrew the claim on September 7 ... Thank you for your help ..))

Tripon

Well after 35 emails and having to navigate the russian youtube page to help her she has said this now.

She claimed she withdrew her claim on Sept. 7th. Yesterday. Really? Then why are people still being hit?

BasilZero

I hope these channels can come back but will YouTube/Google dismiss the strikes or keep them counted? ugh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Even if she withdrew the claim, there's no way of reinstating those channels now, is there?

Yes, the original claim was made on the 7th (Saturday morning), so that makes sense.

789shadow

Banned
Even if she withdrew the claim, there's no way of reinstating those channels now, is there?

Yes, the original claim was made on the 7th (Saturday morning), so that makes sense.
LittleKuriboh's channel was taken down and came back so many times it was old hat.

Well as I said before, I remember a scenario where a bunch of Let's Play youtube channels were taken down due to false copyright claims. Channels (like Chuggaaconroy) were taken down but they came back up again after the whole mess was resolved.

it's quite strange that someone can lay claim to a single term without Youtube bothering to check whether this is a normal word or expression or something, and that it would insta-kill entire channels. Is the 'three strikes out' system per video or something?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Wonder if it automatically happens or if you have to file a counter-notification.

YouTube's way of handling this stuff is downright weird.

it's quite strange that someone can lay claim to a single term without Youtube bothering to check whether this is a normal word or expression or something, and that it would insta-kill entire channels. Is the 'three strikes out' system per video or something?
Not per video at times. Can be per batch of videos. So you can get 1 strike for one batch, another for another batch, and a third for another batch.

U2NUMB

Are you partnered? Because I am and you're generally safe from copyright strikes. That's the problem with the channels that have been flagged(and I know I'm going to get shat on) but filing a copyright against those channels is fair, BUT(BUT BUT BUT BUT) only from Atlus themselves. Not some random person like Steve Jones. Getting partnered helps though, but those types of music channels are easy targets.
I have one Persona video on my channel which is of a fighting game match so it's not going to get copyrighted, and if it does, it has to go through my parter.

Thanks for the info.. we get about 3 offers a week to partner so this info might push me over. Right now we are not even worried about making a dime off it. Just for fun but if there is some protection that sounds like a plan, thanks!

atomsk

Party Pooper
Was waiting for something like this to happen! Lets see what happens!

I have the "The Voice Someone Calls" playing in my background!

don't mind all the 10 year olds in the comments pissed because of a character I play on a different channel... they think everything on youtube is real.

CSX

Anything SMT related is fair game for being reported correct?

Shit gotta make a copy of my SMT IV Fiend videos T__T

Blackage

I read this entire thread and I'm still a little confused about what actually happened. She's on a website called Persona Stars and she filed copyright claims against everything on youtube with Persona in it?

Top Bottom