• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the @#&% is possible that we're almost 10 days away from the release of the Sly trilogy and we haven't seen a single video yet?

Rhetorical question of course, thank you based SCEA

It's not out for a month in NA (May 6th?), so it's not on SCEA. Not that SCEA will actually do anything once the release date is 10 days away here, but it's not their fault yet.

Was borderlands 2 vita scheduled for a march release? Thought that was confirmed along with a console bundle?

2K accidentally tweeted that it would be out March 18th, but they walked that back almost immediately.

nampad

Played the first chapter of Deception and I like it so far. Some design decisions are clunky (no autosave in tutorial and it asks you every time if you want to save after an 1 minute level, playing the introduction chapter basically twice if you use the additional tutorial) but overall it had its charme so far.
The game doesn't take itself serious so the writing is funny. Being the bad guys for once is nice and the little backstories of the enemies are does male you feel even more evil :)
Building the trap combos is simple and fun.

How do you get the list with all 3 up? UK store only has 2 buttons

Download the demo first. The. You can open the menu with 3 options.

Ambitious

Apparently, whenever I buy PS4 games in the webstore, they stay in the download queue even after the downloads are finished.

Doesn't happen with PS3 and Vita games.

VLiberty

I've cleared the first two areas in King Oddball. Nice game, not great but hey, it's free!

Thanks again Infernal Monkey ;)

Fonz72

Apparently, whenever I buy PS4 games in the webstore, they stay in the download queue even after the downloads are finished.

Doesn't happen with PS3 and Vita games.

This happens with my PS3 AND PS4 games. I've actually got some issues with both machines right now. The PS3 does not download games in the queue when it auto-syncs at night, it starts them when manually turned on. and My PS4 when in standby takes as long to turn on as when cold starting. (Shows the PS logo, health warning, etc.) It is hit or miss downloading game updates automatically as well.

Fireblend

Banned
So I ordered a White/LightBlue Vita and a 16GBs card a couple of days ago from superUFO.com ($217 without shipping, they're crazy cheap!) and they're now notifying me they're out of stock and won't be able to ship it until next week T_T already have my P4G and LBP Vita copies here too.

At least I paid for courier shipping so it should get here soon after they ship my order.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Just received my March order from Japan. A while back in this thread, someone pointed out the limted edition copy of Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds (Vita) came with a digital code for the game instead of a physical cart. I was disappointed to hear that but when I opened the package an hour ago, I was surprised at how big the PBBG box is. The included book is full of visual goodness. (The included soundtrack CD is left inside the box, by the way). Definitely worth the absence of a physical cart, IMO.

phantom_breaker.jpg

Thought I'd mention that for anyone who's still unsure about getting the LE.

Shinriji

Just received my March order from Japan. A while back in this thread, someone pointed out the limted edition copy of Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds (Vita) came with a digital code for the game instead of a physical cart. I was disappointed to hear that but when I opened the package an hour ago, I was surprised at how big the PBBG box is. The included book is full of visual goodness. (The included soundtrack CD is left inside the box, by the way). Definitely worth the absence of a physical cart, IMO.

Thought I'd mention that for anyone who's still unsure about getting the LE.

I just hope that Hotaru no Nikki LE comes with a cart.

joe2187

Banned
How is it that PB: Battle Grounds can be localized first on the X360 more than a year ago, and is somehow immune to getting one on PSN?

While every other vita owner is playing your Final Fantasies, Fezzes, Deceptions and what have you, I went and bought Sorcery Saga and boy, did I ever feel dumb.

For not playing it sooner. Initially, I thought this game would be just be a lil time waster, a silly old cheap game with just the crazy theme of curry. What I got was much more than that.

The story has been ho hum so far but the dialogue and characters have me laughing. Combat and exploration is dull but the items, leveling up and Kuu make it oh so more interesting to invest the time in. The fun is also in discovering weapons and what items do. Some items are good, increase health and some are laughingly dumb to witness, chilli that teleports enemies and Kuu, if fed. Speaking of Kuu, he's basically your travelling companion demon thing that eats ANYTHING and has attacks and levels up like a Pokemon. Besides that, there's also a bunch of content to read up and watch if you're not fighting and exploring, in the library. My only complaint is the lack of optional touch options for the UI and the performance in some of the levels, especially with tons of enemies popping up.

This game is so addictive that it has already taken 18hours of my time in the span of 4 days of playing it. Oh and temp save is an awesome feature to have in a game like this. I remember in the last thread how some folks here didnt like it cause it was horrible or worse than Time and Eternity? So far, it doesnt seem like it. Fun game.

Can you guys point me to a decent PS4 headset that isn't the Gold headset? I'm not looking to spend $100, but I would like a decent headset so I don't have to use the little pack in one.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

http://www.frostycollects.com/webscans/phantom_breaker.jpg[IMG]

Thought I'd mention that for anyone who's still unsure about getting the LE.[/QUOTE]

Can't play on my primary account means I won't download it.
I hate switching accounts.

Scoot2005

Banned
Stupid question! Is there even a PS+ game this month for the Vita? I looked and saw free games but I just want to know if there is an April specific free release.

Stupid question! Is there even a PS+ game this month for the Vita? I looked and saw free games but I just want to know if there is an April specific free release.

Depends where you are;

EU
Hotline Miami
Moto GP 13
Sly 4 (It's listed as PS3 but it's Cross Buy)

US
Stealth Inc.
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD
Velocity Ultra

Phantasy Star online is what NA and EU needs right now, is a starting point to sell more vitas

Lol no. I've said it before but the Vita needs nowt but Minecraft, and soon.

Scoot2005

Banned
Thank you MasterBalls.

Edit - Are any of the US ones worth it? Also, fuck you UK for getting Hotline Miami. I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Novocaine

Vita version of King Oddball is glitched on the Australian PSN at the moment, third option downloads the full game for free. Might also be the same in other PAL regions.

BkSzJmXCUAAxPbt.jpg

Looks like it has been put back to normal. Jeez I wish they were that diligent about updating the store with new releases

I've got a 16 & 32gb card. Is there a way to copy over everything if I get a 64gb or would
i have to redownload al my games?
I used the backup option in the content manager app and restored everything on my 64GB card. I'm not sure if it'll let you backup both memory cards. At least I've never tried.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Can't play on my primary account means I won't download it.
I hate switching accounts.

I had that dilemma until I finally caved in and imported the Soul Sacrifice Vita bundle from HK (same as JP but comes with 16GB instead of 4GB) a few months ago. I could've gone for one of those Vita Slims but the SS Vita design is too slick to ignore.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Man Sly 4 is awesome. This is my first Sly game and I'm loving it. Much more enjoyable than any other 3D Sony platformer I've played since Crash. I am now hyped for the Sly trilogy on Vita.

I really don't get why the iOS ports aren't on Vita. Well, I do but I don't want to accept it.

The put that stupid ass app GTA companion app on the Vita. Like, what was the point of that? Who is going to use that? I think it should be relatively easy for Sony to get Rosckstar to do it. The same goes for X-COM.

Man Sly 4 is awesome. This is my first Sly game and I'm loving it. Much more enjoyable than any other 3D Sony platformer I've played since Crash. I am now hyped for the Sly trilogy on Vita.

It's pretty good! Only thing I dislike is that under an hour into it I'm forced to play a mini-game. The Jak games had a big problem with that, taking you out of the main action so you can play a Whack a Mole clone or the like.

The put that stupid ass app GTA companion app on the Vita. Like, what was the point of that? Who is going to use that? I think it should be relatively easy for Sony to get Rosckstar to do it. The same goes for X-COM.

I'd rather not think how much more effort it would have been to put the III/Vice City/San Andreas ports on there. Like... sigh.

The quality "3D Sony Platfomers" in my opinion were pretty much relegated to the PS2. The up-ports of them are solid, but again, depends on the game that was there to start with.

Personally, top 5 would be, in no particular order:
Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: GC, Rartchet & Clank: UYA, Sly Cooper, and Jak & Daxter.

Much like my impressions lead me to believe Jak and Daxter 2 and 3 are, Sly 2, 3, 4 all employ this sort of GTA sandbox mentality that I've never liked and they force you to do all sorts of missions for "variety" but playing as Murphy and Bentley is usually a terrible experience.

Same reason why Final Fantasy iOS ports aren't on Vita.

Because Vita

They could at least dip their toe in the water. I've accepted Bully: Summer School and Red Dead Tales aren't going to happen, but the risk/reward ratio on 3/VC/San Andreas ports can't be that high, surely. I don't doubt 70% of Vita owners at least would pick them up, I sure as hell would.

Be hyped, those first three games are just as good. Love the series, hopefully it's not a shitty port like the Jack & daxter collection.

Anybody online in Mercenary Kings? Definitely looking to do some missions with some Gaffers.

My PSN ID is Booya_base

(game crashed for the first time as I was writing this - thanks update!)

Novocaine

It would have been okay if it was out at the GTA5 release, putting out now seems like a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom