• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I keep reading the thread title as "look at cat girls"

Paskil

How do I know Hillary is qualified to be president? Because she is ready to lead the charge in the battles that truly matter. Battles like pronouncing "GIF" with a hard G. Hillary wants to see moving pictures of cats doing ridiculous things, she didn't ask for no peanut butter.

Kevinroc

Finally listening to Michelle Obama's speech today. I think she is Hillary's best surrogate. This speech is incredible.

I mean, almost every tight senate race is in a point or two from each other besides IL and WI. We'll probably win some and not others because it's so close.

Trust in the ground game. You aren't going other have Hilary winning by a decent amount and losing a lot of close ones.

This too.

Barzul

Damn Don Lemon just said on air that he survived sexual abuse and shut down Scottie. He's passionate about this.

starmud

I mean, almost every tight senate race is in a point or two from each other besides IL and WI. We'll probably win some and not others because it's so close.

This too.

Basically the best you can ask for is being within a point or two and being in a state where the top of the ticket pushes you over.

There's reason to feel good about many of the races, NV is looking better and better. I still think NH and NC will deliver.

Revolver

Don Lemon shut down Scottie real well talking about how he's survived sexual abuse and the son of a single mother and yes Scottie this is an important issue. I've gained a lot of respect for him lately.

FIX: Finish this sentence: “Ten years from now, Republicans will look back on nominating Donald Trump in 2016 as __________________.” Now, explain.

Stevens: A catastrophic mistake. Before 1964, Republican presidential candidates could get 30 to 35 percent of the African American vote. That fell off a cliff in 1964 never to recover. If the same happens in 2016 with other segments of non-white vote such as Latinos and Asian Americans, we likely won't elect another Republican president for generations. I go back to these two basic numbers: in 1980, Ronald Reagan won a sweeping landslide of 44 states with 56 percent of the white vote. In 2012, Romney lost while getting 59 percent of white voters -- and a higher percentage of white voters turned out in 2012. White voters with high school or less are Trump's strongest area. Every four years they comprise just under 4 percent less of the electorate. Betting the future on those voters is like losing $5 on every sale and hoping to make it up in volume.
You can be for or against the future but the future doesn't really care. It's going to happen.

This has always been my position as well. The GOP's only President in the last 6-7 elections won because he stayed competitive with Hispanic voters. After Trump? The nation's Hispanic voters are going to be less like Texas and more like California moving forward.

I always yell that Romney stat too. He got more of the white vote than fucking Reagan, and I think Cohn pointed out way back during the primaries that if you ran Carter vs Reagan with 2012's demographics, Carter would win (that 56% of the white vote for Reagan would end up being a 5 point loss for him in 2012).

Big tents win nationally, not lasered in parties.

Not sure of posted, but multimillion dollar RNC donors are calling for the RNC to disavow Donald.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/us/politics/republican-donors-trump.html

“He is our candidate,” Rosie Tripp, the Republican committeewoman from New Mexico, wrote to other members of the committee. “I am dismayed by our own Republicans who are bailing like rats off a ship. He who is without sin can cast the first stone. I am sure they are not as pure as the driven snow, either.”

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

The GOP this election has truly been a sight to behold.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Boo. Mods closed the thread about Bill Maher's theory of Trump's popularity before I was done ranting about it.

I mean, trump is 70, and loses every single age group under the age of 45. How long has this supposed "self esteem culture" been going on?

God, it's such a stupid theory. Even worse is he singles out the racism theories as being inaccurate next to his dumbass theory.

rjinaz

Boo. Mods closed the thread about Bill Maher's theory of Trump's popularity before I was done ranting about it.

I mean, trump is 70, and loses every single age group under the age of 45. How long has this supposed "self esteem culture" been going on?

God, it's such a stupid theory. Even worse is he singles out the racism theories as being inaccurate next to his dumbass theory.

I also thought that Cracked article about Trump doing shitty things was a good one. I never heard the one about his disabled Nephew.

Maybe she touches herself every evening after fulfilling her wildest masochistic
getting dunked on
fantasies?

Considering how often and for how long CNN cuts to commercials, I wouldn't be surprised.

There's no way Amazon is paying that much for seven sequential runs of that fucking Goliath trailer in a row on CNNGO.

I still think Democrats will win the Senate with seats to spare. I doubt that most people are actually going to be ticket-splitting, except maybe in Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom