• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journeywalker said:
UPDATE: Trump's companies have pimped the following properties and services on Twitter during Hurricane Harvey. Note, all of these come through trumps_feed, so he at least has to scroll through them:

1. Trump Tower, Punta del Este in Uruguay

Delighted to see the #AugustProgress on Trump Tower Punta del Este! Every unit is designed to deliver a unique lifestyle experience #Uruguay

(with promo video)

2. Trump golf course in Los Angeles

On the bluffs of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, @TrumpGolfLA offers 180 degrees of stunning coastline and ocean views 🌊

3. Trump Banquet services in Miami (seems tweet has been deleted)

4 "Getting to know the groundskeepers" video on Trump's golf courses

You've heard of our iconic @TrumpGolf courses – but do you know the people behind the greens? #NeverSettle

5. 9th annual Wine and Beer festival on Trump property in Los Angeles.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 9th Annual Wine and Beer Festival! We cannot wait to see you all again next year for the 10th!

*insert picture of pretty girls sitting on the hood of a really expensive car*

6. Helpful reminder that there's still time to hit the Trump golf courses on Labor Day.

The unofficial last weekend of summer is nearly here! But don't fret: There's still time to hit the course #LaborDay

7. Trump SoHo in Manhattan, New York City.

Adding distinction to the skyline, @TrumpSoHo brings a new perspective to Manhattan from its 391 guest rooms

8. 1st Annual Golf Fashion Weekend at Trump Doral.

We're pleased to host the 1st annual Golf Fashion Weekend @TrumpDoral! Reserve your spot for this unique experience

9. Weddings at Trump National Doral, with a plug for Dolce Photography.

Picture-perfect backdrop for your big day? ✔️Check off the rest of your list:

*insert picture of wedding here*

Given Trump's overbilling taxpayers for his stays at Mar-a-Lago, Trump Tower, Bedminster, etc. there needs to be a campaign demanding for Trump's companies to donate to Hurricane Harvey disaster relief. Unfortunately, my efforts are pretty much useless so far.

10) A plug for Trump Winery and WeddingWire

For the 4th year in a row, @TrumpWinery has been named a winner of @WeddingWire's Couples' Choice Awards!

*insert picture of bride and groom looking at fireworks in the background*

11) Repeat of #4

You've heard of @TrumpDoral's iconic @TrumpGolf courses – but do you know the people behind the greens? #NeverSettle

I've tweeted @ a lot of people, but I assume they don't care or their interns don't care.

What the actual fuck is going on over there? Considering Bannon was supposed to go to war with Trump's "media enemies", we sure aren't getting the same glowing coverage of this administration as we've been expecting...

Why would they provide glowing coverage? Trump has displayed that he believes nearly everything he reads, which is why Kelly has tried to control the information that reaches him. Alt right media knows Trump listens to them, so why wouldn't they exert influence by peddling narratives designed to make Trump act. "Trump is under attack by forces on the outside and inside" seems like the perfect bullshit to peddle to someone as paranoid and stupid as Trump. He'll buy it. Remember, Bannon didn't say he was going to just praise Trump. He said Trump is being betrayed, and wants to save him. Gorka said the same thing. They're all using the same talking point.

In other Trump news, it's probably for the best, but Trump met with no victims of the hurricane (only holding a self-serving rally), basically because he lacks any sort of empathy or basic human connection that's required in order to give comfort to those in hard times.

21042266_182846762259373_5059612882191253504_n.jpg

Not to be class-ist but more often than not that's what happens when you're a billionaire born into money. Rich people can have empathy, but it's extremely difficult for those born into money compared to those who were self-made.

Just because Trump had a chip on his shoulder when he compared himself to all the other mega rich people doesn't make him a man of the people as he tries to portray himself. Trump can spit fire and anger like a common man, but he just can't empathize with the basic struggles and tragedies of life that regular people have to deal with. If he's not trying to sell them something he has absolutely no idea what to do.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Like, Harris has been on the record for "healthcare is a right" for ages now. This is...one step less symbolic then that? Its a good thing from a unity perspective but meh, I struggle to care too much about it right now

Do you think anyone in here has any confidence that the GOP Congress will even be able to avoid government shutdown next month, much less say stem recession problems coming from Harvey

No, I don't, but might as well mention it since it's going to come up within the next few weeks as an issue

Harvey also likely put the brakes on any major tax reform.

Fuuck.

And I'm not particularly confident in the GOP's ability to keep a recession at bay.

Thankfully, the death tolls have been lower than predicted and lower than other, less harsh, storms.

I think what helped this time around was that people with boats were able to organize rescue groups. Social media wasn't really a hot property during the time Katrina happened, so it was harder to make calls for help.

Do you think anyone in here has any confidence that the GOP Congress will even be able to avoid government shutdown next month, much less say stem recession problems coming from Harvey
It's do or die time for the GOP. Harvey is a problem that the GOP need to deal with because they run the government. If they don't, they will sufffer the consequences of that failure.

Ernest

Banned
It requires at least 2 things from Trump that he won't like, but I hope he will do by necessity:

- A lot of government money to help/bail out the region. None of that cost-offset BS.
- Forget about the Wall. This is a perfect out for Trump to "de-prioritize it temporarily." I hope he takes it.

But who am I kidding, he wont' do shit.

Blader

I'm assuming Wittes' comment about it being a long day means the news won't break until the usual 5/6/7pm oppo dump?

I'm assuming Wittes' comment about it being a long day means the news won't break until the usual 5/6/7pm oppo dump?

This sounds like the more likely read. That being said, if they're aware of something big coming down the pipeline, shouldn't we have heard Trump trying to downplay by now? Trump Jr's news was signaled almost a month out. Maybe Trump's administration isn't linked in as well as it used to be?

Mike M

Nick N
This sounds like the more likely read. That being said, if they're aware of something big coming down the pipeline, shouldn't we have heard Trump trying to downplay by now? Trump Jr's news was signaled almost a month out. Maybe Trump's administration isn't linked in as well as it used to be?
I think it's less a matter of the Trump admin being linked and more that the media contacts the WH for comment prior to running the articles.

I don't get it, someone help me out

When the news was dropping the Comey memo bombs, he proceeded the actual leaks with *tick tock* and then when the leak dropped he posted a baby cannon firing. He himself was an actual source for some of those stories. He's friend (not great) with Comey

I don't get irritated at his teases. I have no idea why people do lol

Also ... I kind of want a baby cannon

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
It’s an in-joke from his Twitter feed; Wittes likes using a gif of a miniature cannon firing on a can of soda.

When the news was dropping the Comey memo bombs, he proceeded the actual leaks with *tick tock* and then when the leak dropped he posted a baby cannon firing. He himself was an actual source for some of those stories. He's friend (not great) with Comey

Cool, thanks!

studyguy

People who are on twitter too often get riled up over it. Outside of twitter you'd literally never know about it. Also agreed, those baby cannons look fucking awesome.

People who are on twitter too often get riled up over it. Outside of twitter you'd literally never know about it. Also agreed, those baby cannons look fucking awesome.

Only time I read twitter is if someone on a board I visit feels it's important enough to post. Heh.

This is the place he got his:

https://www.minicannontech.com/store/

He plugged the website once and now all the reasonably priced ones are sold out.

This one would be rad though:

396065942.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom