• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the far right AfD is going to finish third in the German election and capture roughly 90 seats with about 13.5% of the vote. Last time they fell just short of the 5% threshold to earn any seats.
CDU/CSU heavily underperformed so the only possible coalitions I believe are grand or black-yellow-green, and the SPD ruled out forming a grand coalition.

Cruz is a no on Graham-Cassidy

762adc34fcae909de713841bcef6e807.gif

Ogodei

CDU/CSU heavily underperformed so the only possible coalitions I believe are grand or black-yellow-green, and the SPD ruled out forming a grand coalition.

I feel like the so-called Jamaica coalition was really frowned upon too.

Would that SPD had overperformed and then we got Red-Red-Green Christmas coalition.

Fugu

Hello PoliGAF, I'm wondering if you guys can help me out. There is a term that I can't remember that perhaps one of you will know. It is a term that comes from an analogy for the Republican strategy of appealing to voters both by cutting spending/taxes and by reaping the political benefits of the Democrats inevitably having to step in and take responsibility for fixing the problems created by those spending cuts.

Anyone here know what I'm talking about?

German posters in the OT thread seem to think the Jamaica coalition (CDU/SCU+FDP+Green) is the most likely. As an American who occasionally dabbles in other country's politics, I try not to question the judgment of people who actually live in the countries in question when it comes to their politics.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hello PoliGAF, I'm wondering if you guys can help me out. There is a term that I can't remember that perhaps one of you will know. It is a term that comes from an analogy for the Republican strategy of appealing to voters both by cutting spending/taxes and by reaping the political benefits of the Democrats inevitably having to step in and take responsibility for fixing the problems created by those spending cuts.

Two Santa Clauses?

Scirrocco

Double Santa?

Edit: beaten

Nasbin

Clearest signal yet that this bill has just been an excuse to grand stand. Cruz and Rand get to play up their credentials for ideological purity, while vulnerable senators like Heller and Flake can pretend like they fought hard for Obamacare repeal without actually doing it.

Technically he left the door open by saying it doesn't have his support "yet," but it's hardly a good sign for the bill.

Could be referring to "starve the beast" as the other poster suggested. Another possibility is "the two Santa Clauses." Both are often used by Grover Norquist.

EDIT: Guess I took too long to compose that reply.

Trump at 40/54 in Gallup today. This is the first time he's hit 40 since the result released on July 12 (40/55) and his best result since June 23 (42/54).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump at 40/54 in Gallup today. This is the first time he's hit 40 since the result released on July 12 (40/55) and his best result since June 23 (42/54).

And of course he immediately blew it all with his antics this weekend. Next week there’s going to be some absolutely stunning Russia revelations and that’s probably why he’s panicking this weekend.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
And of course he immediately blew it all with his antics this weekend. Next week there’s going to be some absolutely stunning Russia revelations and that’s probably why he’s panicking this weekend.

Is this a Stinkles siren?

Manafort indictment? Audio from the intercepted communications? Borscht for lunch at the White House? Unpack the matryoshka, please.

Yep, usually when he starts freaking out on Twitter something happened. There was that stuff with some states that were found to have their election systems hacked, so he could be just trying to keep that out of the news though.

NeoXChaos

https://www.greenbergresearch.com/h...-she-lost?ct=t(How+She+Lost+-+Prospect+Review)

Astonishingly, the 2016 Clinton campaign conducted no state polls in the final three weeks of the general election and relied primarily on data analytics to project turnout and the state vote. They paid little attention to qualitative focus groups or feedback from the field, and their brief daily analytics poll didn’t measure which candidate was defining the election or getting people engaged.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hillary fucked up royally by not listening to Podesta about firing Mook.

So nothing new then. Some of us were screaming about this during the election. Mook was horrible. His arrogance was ridiculous. "What's that, Joe Biden and Bill Clinton? We should go out and actually visit people? Yeah, no thanks--I got this."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Would it really have changed anything? So she does some state polls. She's still plain old unlikable fuckbag Hillary Clinton who had the email scandal blow up two weeks before election day.

Maybe she would have visited WI instead of North Carolina 90 times. Still gets blown out by the tide of white people in Florida.

Would it really have changed anything? So she does some state polls. She's still plain old unlikable fuckbag Hillary Clinton who had the email scandal blow up two weeks before election day.

Maybe she would have visited WI instead of North Carolina 90 times.

I think so. You can't let your guard down when you're that close to the finish line. 3 weeks? That is a long period of time even when it's not the last 3 weeks.

Even had she won, wouldn't it just be kinda negligent to not consider state polls in your strategy for the last 3 weeks?

Valhelm

contribute something
Robbie Mook is now totally exiled from the reigns of power right? That article seems to implicate him more severely than Clinton herself

Exiled from politics forever? No.

Has a chance of running a serious presidential campaign again? No. He has the stench of losing a campaign that was thought to be a slam dunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom