• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
DKgkg7DV4AA91K2.jpg:large

DKglqBkVoAAGsOz.jpg:large

lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Serious question: does Trump know Puerto Rico is part of America? Because the lack of any movement in that area leads me to believe he doesn't.

JettDash

Serious question: does Trump know Puerto Rico is part of America? Because the lack of any movement in that area leads me to believe he doesn't.

I doubt it. Though it isn't like he would care even if he did know. It isn't like they have a say in how the federal government works.

Valhelm

contribute something
The Puerto Rican devastation is really serious, especially because it's become a lot more difficult to bring supplies and aid personnel to the island.

My dad, an NPR reporter, has been trying for three days to fly over but the San Juan airport can only accept a handful of flights a day.

Wilsongt

All of these people supporting Trump and booing and facebook posting about black athletes taking a knee probably don't even take the time to wipe the cheeto and dorito dust off their hands and shirts to stand up from their couches when the anthem plays.

All of these people supporting Trump and booing and facebook posting about black athletes taking a knee probably don't even take the time to wipe the cheeto and dorito dust off their hands and shirts to stand up from their couches when the anthem plays.

Based on the people that appeared on my Facebook feed this morning posting articles how players kneeling is ruining their Sunday’s and football I think your assessment is correct.

Hillary Clinton @HillaryClinton
President Trump, Sec. Mattis, and DOD should send the Navy, including the USNS Comfort, to Puerto Rico now. These are American citizens.

At least someone knows.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense
8:09 AM · Oct 8, 2013

One for everything he does.

Ogodei

Meh, i feel like that's a hard sell, especially because that would make it worse for every single state (except for the Alaska/Hawaii carveout). I think he's just making crazy demands again.

kirblar

Lol there it is. There has to be a good chance of Alaska getting a deal out of this

I wonder if such a bill would be good enough for Cruz
Again, Murkowski is immune to GOP crazies primary pressure because she can ditch the party and survive, same as Collins.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Not to interrupt the chain of "o snaps i called it" (and Rand sucks) but that's akin to saying he'd vote for something totally different. That really changes fundamentally the funding structure of Medicaid (which already is getting gutted).

JettDash

Him saying that he might vote for it if they make the bill much worse doesn't make him a yes. He knows they aren't going to cut the block grants in half.

Pusha_93

Neo Member
According to CMS, thirty-one states are already facing deep cuts. Then he wants to add cuts onto those to everybody. That's not happening.

And if Murkowski gets a deal to be immune to those cuts, everybody other state that's losing money is gonna want that too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not to interrupt the chain of "o snaps i called it" (and Rand sucks) but that's akin to saying he'd vote for something totally different. That really changes fundamentally the funding structure of Medicaid (which already is getting gutted).

They're putting out a new bill tomorrow.

Diablosing is a state of mind.

Like come the fuck on. Rand Paul will sneeze and there'll be five posts here like "oh, there it is!"

I can only assume at some point that some of you actually want this shit to pass and are actively cheerleading for it.

Kusagari

This panicking about Murkowski is absurd.

It's literally the exact same setup as last time with her being mum and them trying to bribe her.

Rand and the others I get, but there's no reason to panic about Murkowski unless she gives a true indication she'll vote for it.

Plinko

Diablosing is a state of mind.

Like come the fuck on. Rand Paul will sneeze and there'll be five posts here like "oh, there it is!"

I can only assume at some point that some of you actually want this shit to pass and are actively cheerleading for it.

Let's be fair--Paul saying that he'd vote for it if they cut block grants more is not "sneezing."

That said, I think the Murkowski stuff is more her trying not to take direct heat from Trump as opposed to her leaning yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom