• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Lock him up.

Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/24/jared-kushner-private-email-white-house-243071

Nasbin

I appreciate that boiling the narrative down to a focus on Rand/Murkowski/Collins is making this look like a close battle because at least it keeps people from falling into complacency, but there are still about a dozen senators who are completely silent on this. Show me Capito and Portman acknowledging support for this piece of shit despite their governors loudly opposing it and without even so much as the $45 billion opioid treatment package they demanded for the last effort and I'll start to get worried.

Mac_Lane

I appreciate that boiling the narrative down to a focus on Rand/Murkowski/Collins is making this look like a close battle because at least it keeps people from falling into complacency, but there are still about a dozen senators who are completely silent on this. Show me Capito and Portman acknowledging support for this piece of shit despite their governors loudly opposing it and without even so much as the $45 billion opioid treatment package they demanded for the last effort and I'll start to get worried.

Well maybe Capito and Portman intend to vote yes but don't want to take heat for that, so they keep their mouths shut.

Zolo

People are worried because 49 senators voted on a 4 page paper with 36-point font and triple-spacing last time that was made within 24 hours of the vote.

Pusha_93

Neo Member
People are worried because 49 senators voted on a 4 page paper with 36-point font and triple-spacing last time that was made within 24 hours of the vote.

But they sold that to senators by telling them that they would go to conference and it wouldn't be the final bill.

Diablos

But they sold that to senators by telling them that they would go to conference and it wouldn't be the final bill.
Senators damn well knew that if that did not happen they could’ve just blamed the house. Most of them probably knew skinny might have just passed as is and were preparing for a blame game. Ryan’s letter was laughable

Kusagari

Their governors opposed skinny repeal and they voted for that

Having any faith in Capito or Portman is a fools errand.

Pusha_93

Neo Member
Yeah.... but do they even have time to go to conference?

Nope, they gotta take this one as is.

Senators damn well knew that if that did not happen they could’ve just blamed the house. Most of them probably knew skinny might have just passed as is and were preparing for a blame game. Ryan’s letter was laughable

But according to reports, Ryan was actually willing to take it to conference.

What was stupid about it was the Senate gave up all leverage in the talks cause could have just put that bill up at anytime

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence.

It's Mueller time.

Other subjects, you say?

1EaZrQR.jpg

Go on.

This is massively stupid by Kushner because it gives Mueller a justifiable reason to go through his private email account.

Kevinroc

I just want this to be over. But I get the feeling that even if Trumpcare falls this week, they'll try again next year at their donor's insistence.

JettDash

I just want this to be over. But I get the feeling that even if Trumpcare falls this week, they'll try again next year at their donor's insistence.

They would have to do it in the same bill as tax reform. Making it more likely that they get neither. But they are incompetent and desperate so they may well try anyway.

sangreal

Again, they might have a deal with Murkowski

Doesn't matter if Paul is a no

granted, I don't think Paul is a no

butI don't think Murkowski is a yes. She was silent before the skinny repeal vote too. Nothing has changed to make her vote yes. Still anti-abortion, still anti-medicaid, still fucks over alaska after a grace period

Wilsongt

I just got my first "I'm not racist, but..." from a family member.

They're butthurt about the kneeling and I made a comment about it.

Jokes on them. I'm apathetic towards the country and don't care about the anthem, anyway.

I just got my first "I'm not racist, but..." from a family member.

They're butthurt about the kneeling and I made a comment about it.

Jokes on them. I'm apathetic towards the country and don't care about the anthem, anyway.

luckily, i'm in a mixed-race family and my dad's consistent enough of a libertarian that he doesn't give two shits about any form of nationalism so the closest blood relation to me that could be saying any problematic shit would be, like, a third cousin or something

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
luckily, i'm in a mixed-race family and my dad's consistent enough of a libertarian that he doesn't give two shits about any form of nationalism so the closest blood relation to me that could be saying any problematic shit would be, like, a third cousin or something

My family usually sticks to dog whistles, if only to maintain the illusion to themselves, but just Kaepernick was already enough to get one of them to use the n word before all this. I was so angry I couldn't think straight enough to say anything and left right away, but there's just no arguing with them even with my thoughts straight. I can easily peel away the dog whistles with logical arguments, but once you reveal the hateful core what do you do? I'm glad I'm not around them today.

With them, there's something about black athletes in particular that they have a very short fuse with. I really don't know why. Jealousy I guess.

sangreal

I'm from a mixed-race family and my grandmother, whom I otherwise adore, voted for Trump

She is a concentration camp survivor too!

I don't think any family is completely immune

Most of my family voted Trump except my mom, who I got to vote for the Constitution Party guy. She's an end-times, Revelations-style evangelical though, and she hates Trump. She'd have voted Cruz if he won the nomination.

Pretty much all of my family is pretty conservative but none of them voted Trump, thankfully. My mom voted for Johnson (who she didn't really know about but was the most respectable alternative to two candidates she loathed), my brother and his wife voted McMullin I think, and my dad wrote in his own name.

I doubt they're having a non-reactionary response to the protests but my dad has surprised me before on issues like the Confederacy so I suppose it's possible.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My mom is a hippie and my stepdad is basically antifa. Or maybe just a regular anarchist.

My dad is a hick and moved to Kentucky after my parents got divorced.

Ogodei

My parents are both liberal, and the "family" as we'd otherwise define it (my mom and dad's brothers and sisters and their progeny, my cousins) is mixed, but we all know enough not to talk about it because we're the kind of polite white people who'll never bring up anything controversial unless we're sure everyone's on the same page.

Either that or some bad arguments during my teenage years just clued everyone else in to steer clear of me on politics :p. But i've mellowed considerably since then (while simultaneously getting more woke).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom