• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
72gug.png

Incumbent: President Barack Obama

Ooo19.jpg

Challenger: Governor Mitt Romney

ib5Oe.jpg

USA Election day: November 6th.

Find your representative here.

Find Voter information here (polling guide/location/etc)

For up to date polling information and analysis, be sure to keep an eye on Nate Silver: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

OT4 Here.

OT4 Wall of Fame

zoW2N.jpg

Loudninja

Well lets begin:

Allen West: We used bayonets in Iraq and horses in Afghanistan
“I can tell you that when I was a battalion commander, we did still issue bayonets to our troops when we deployed to Iraq in 2003. The second thing I will tell you is that in 2001, Special Forces soldiers were on horseback riding with the Northern Alliance to fight against the Taliban,” West said. “So obviously we have a president who does not understand the full capabilities and capacities and what we do in the United States military.”

During the debate, Obama responded to Romney’s concerns about U.S. naval power by noting that “we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military’s changed.”

Obama never said that bayonets were nonexistent — only that they are far less prevalent than they used to be. Indeed, as The Post noted Monday night, the U.S. Marines still train with bayonets in boot camp.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...d-bayonets-in-iraq-and-horses-in-afghanistan/

A whole lot of stupid.

Darkgran

Once again I am going to say this. President Obama is NOT going to lose this election. Just wanted to get that out there.

Still holding out hope for Florida and Virginia even now?
I made that prediction before the first debate. And I still very much think he could win those states. 538 even has Obama slightly edging out Romney in Virginia.

I'm fine being wrong about the EV total as long as I chose the winning candidate.

pigeon

Banned
I made that prediction before the first debate. And I still very much think he could win those states. 538 even has Obama slightly edging out Romney in Virginia.

I'm fine being wrong about the EV total as long as I chose the winning candidate.

332 is still the most likely result on 538, with over 15% chance of occurring.

@DylanByers #Breaking: Nielsen: "An estimated 59.2 million people tuned in to watch the third and final debate"

The thing I wonder about Florida and Virginia is if the Senate campaigns will affect anything. Both the Dems look good. Are there that many split ticket voters?

I can't even get myself to laugh at the bayonets comments from the GOP anymore. This is truly one of the lowest of low points in political discourse the world has ever seen.

ISOM

How's that compare to the others?

The 2nd debate was about 66 million and the first about 68 I think. The number is pretty big I think for a third debate especially when competing with game 7 of the nlcs and monday night football.

@DylanByers #Breaking: Nielsen: "An estimated 59.2 million people tuned in to watch the third and final debate"

That's pretty damn amazing. Lowering than the first two but that was to be expected. I thought we might get 45-50m, but nearly 60m again for a third debate has to be a record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom